Good teams win close football games

I think its time we give credit to this football team and its coaching staff for playing a 60 minute ball game (not saying the fans aren't) Even when their backs were up against the wall they continued to believe, fight, scratch and battle until the game was over.

For the past decade the Bills would always lose these types of games and the saying would always be "Good teams find a way to win and bad teams (the bills) find a way to lose"

Well I think its time we gave credit to the Bills for coming out with a win. I thought they played with intensity and urgency the entire game. And even though Fitzpatrick looked horrible the team rallied and somehow found a way to win.

Is it wrong to admit that the Bills might be on their way to becoming a good football team? Time will tell...

All i can say is it feels good to finally be on the good side of a game like that.

It will feel even better when the Bills prove to us over an entire season that they are in fact a good football team.

Go Bills

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a win does feel good & i am right there in hoping this will be what they need to just keep going in a upward direction .

But after what we saw 2 weeks in a row it is just hard to think they'll do what the Giants do . Not that any one of us here don't want to see that (even if some of us did they would still b***ch about something)

I just hope that something turns on & keeps them on the up tick to at least finish with a 8 & 8 or 9 & 7 season .

Heck just beat the Pats & the Jets once this year & we'll call it good !!!

Edited by T master

I thought this last year when we came back and beat the pats and the Raiders, then the season went to ****. I'm not bashing the fact that they win games like this, just that they need to do this PLUS win divisional games as well. his team will go nowhere unless they eventually learn how to win inside of their own division. I don' care if how good they look and in what style they win but beating the Jets, Fins and pats is how we take the next step.

But when two shaky-at-best teams meet, one of them will probably win; that's not a statement of either team's quality, just that one is still standing at the end.

I can't disagree with your statement, all i can say is that if the Patriots won that game everybody would point out that they are a good team and they found a way to win...

Its time to billieve

I thought this last year when we came back and beat the pats and the Raiders, then the season went to ****. I'm not bashing the fact that they win games like this, just that they need to do this PLUS win divisional games as well. his team will go nowhere unless they eventually learn how to win inside of their own division. I don' care if how good they look and in what style they win but beating the Jets, Fins and pats is how we take the next step.

I agree but at least they won, if they hadn't the season would of been over so i'll give them credit for at least still having a chance to do something this year.

I think its time we give credit to this football team and its coaching staff for playing a 60 minute ball game (not saying the fans aren't) Even when their backs were up against the wall they continued to believe, fight, scratch and battle until the game was over.

For the past decade the Bills would always lose these types of games and the saying would always be "Good teams find a way to win and bad teams (the bills) find a way to lose"

And that saying was/is kinda stupid. We've won more close games than you probably think. You just remember the losses more. Good teams blow out their opponents more often than they get blown out. What is the Bills record in blowouts the last 10 years? I bet it's worse than their record in close games. The Cardinals hot streak at the end of last year & early this year is a ton of close games. That's probably going to flip; it probably already started to yesterday.

Yes a win does feel good & i am right there in hoping this will be what they need to just keep going in a upward direction .

But after what we saw 2 weeks in a row it is just hard to think they'll do what the Giants do . Not that any one of us here don't want to see that (even if some of us did they would still b***ch about something)

I just hope that something turns on & keeps them on the up tick to at least finish with a 8 & 8 or 9 & 7 season .

Heck just beat the Pats & the Jets once this year & we'll call it good !!!

All that matters is that they have a chance to come together at the end while having a chance to make the playoffs, this win goes a long way towards that.

And that saying was/is kinda stupid. We've won more close games than you probably think. You just remember the losses more. Good teams blow out their opponents more often than they get blown out. What is the Bills record in blowouts the last 10 years? I bet it's worse than their record in close games. The Cardinals hot streak at the end of last year & early this year is a ton of close games. That's probably going to flip; it probably already started to yesterday.

No statement "was/is kinda stupid" until the season is over, even yours...so be as negative as you want and come see me when the season is over.

No statement "was/is kinda stupid" until the season is over, even yours...so be as negative as you want and come see me when the season is over.

Been here 8 years so good chance I will. You'll have to tell me which forum you're posting in or what name you're posting under then though.

Well I think its time we gave credit to the Bills for coming out with a win. I thought they played with intensity and urgency the entire game. And even though Fitzpatrick looked horrible the team rallied and somehow found a way to win.

Is it wrong to admit that the Bills might be on their way to becoming a good football team? Time will tell...

All i can say is it feels good to finally be on the good side of a game like that.

It will feel even better when the Bills prove to us over an entire season that they are in fact a good football team.

Go Bills

If they get healthy over the next 3 weeks, I am very much looking forward to the 2nd half of the season. That's a big IF, because Fitz is a system player and cannot carry a bunch of 2nd teamers on his back.

But when two shaky-at-best teams meet, one of them will probably win; that's not a statement of either team's quality, just that one is still standing at the end.

The better statement WRT yesterday's game would be "the less-bad team wins close games."

Been here 8 years so good chance I will. You'll have to tell me which forum you're posting in or what name you're posting under then though.

Only 8? I was sure you'd been here at least twice that judging from your impressive negative smart ass comments.

If they get healthy over the next 3 weeks, I am very much looking forward to the 2nd half of the season. That's a big IF, because Fitz is a system player and cannot carry a bunch of 2nd teamers on his back.

Good news is that Chan seems to of realized that they can't win when fitz throws alot....even better news is that when we do run we have won all three times...looking forward to getting glen back healthy...

The better statement WRT yesterday's game would be "the less-bad team wins close games."

that would of been the obvious statement. this team is different.

You think the Steelers or Ravens care they won a few games they shouldnt have against us 2 years ago? Think the playoff standings give a damn? A win is a win. No matter how ugly. We need to improve, no doubt but we won and I'm happy about that

And it wasn't a fluke win due to a shanked field goal, it was a tipped field goal due to the bills never giving up :)

And it wasn't a fluke win due to a shanked field goal, it was a tipped field goal due to the bills never giving up :)

lol Yes they did not give up yesterday and I'm stoked about that but "never" would imply that they played their hearts out the 2 prior weeks to this. Unfortunately that is false, they folded like lawnchairs. Hopefully this is a new never give up attitude we are seeing

lol Yes they did not give up yesterday and I'm stoked about that but "never" would imply that they played their hearts out the 2 prior weeks to this. Unfortunately that is false, they folded like lawnchairs. Hopefully this is a new never give up attitude we are seeing

This is a new team with a lot of new players, it takes time to learn how to win, i also hope this is the start of a never give up attitude...

Only 8? I was sure you'd been here at least twice that judging from your impressive negative smart ass comments.

I am not being negative I am just debunking one of the garbage cliches that announcers & espn brainwash everyone with. If you weren't such a sensitive Sally you would recognize that's what I was calling stupid - not you.

Point differential is a better indicator of future performance than record - that is a fact. It explain a lot of the "parity" in the league from year to year that seems to mystify everyone.