Fitz misses David Nelson BUT he is just getting warmed up

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz's passes look worse in person. Yesterday watching him throw those passes in AZ into the ground was awful. We need a new QB. The experiment is over. I'm sure he'll finish the season at QB, but it's time to turn the page. Maybe keep him as a backup, but nothing more then that.

I like Fitz. I truly believe if it were up to him he'd be running CJ and Fred 80% of the game. Alot of Fitz' mistakes (and mistakes by our offense) are a product of the playcalling by ChanMan (e.g. wildcat pass for pick, wildcat bomb, countless times in the last three games where we are throwing on 3rd and 2 with empty backfield, Spiller on goaline, etc). Fitz can throw downfield (Chandler up the middle seam on two TD's in the Pats game). I believe alot of his short throws on deep sideline routes are based on his inability to trust his line at this stage of the season (he is releasing the ball in 2 seconds rather than waiting 3 to properly gauge the speed of his receivers). But with each game he will get more comfortable with the line and the long ball will fall into place. The short routes he misses are unjustifiable but who can take his place at this time?

I have a feeling (as weird as this sounds and you may slam me for this) that once our O Line is healthy again and all five back in full swing...Fitz will have an awakening. He was lights out for the first 6 games last season but then he fell apart. I'm of the opinion he has learned alot from the 3 losses and multiple picks. He is now a glorified game manager. With CJ and Fred healthy look for ground and pound to open the play action game plan (a la Alex Smith or Joe Flacco). For the remaining 10 games, I'm sensing a turnaround and it will start this week at home. It will be the reverse of last season...our first six games this year - BLAH...last 10 games I think we'll see some significant improvement.

Ganjah does wonderful things for the imagination doesn't it !!! :flirt:

I like Fitz. I truly believe if it were up to him he'd be running CJ and Fred 80% of the game. Alot of Fitz' mistakes (and mistakes by our offense) are a product of the playcalling by ChanMan (e.g. wildcat pass for pick, wildcat bomb, countless times in the last three games where we are throwing on 3rd and 2 with empty backfield, Spiller on goaline, etc). Fitz can throw downfield (Chandler up the middle seam on two TD's in the Pats game). I believe alot of his short throws on deep sideline routes are based on his inability to trust his line at this stage of the season (he is releasing the ball in 2 seconds rather than waiting 3 to properly gauge the speed of his receivers). But with each game he will get more comfortable with the line and the long ball will fall into place. The short routes he misses are unjustifiable but who can take his place at this time?

I have a feeling (as weird as this sounds and you may slam me for this) that once our O Line is healthy again and all five back in full swing...Fitz will have an awakening. He was lights out for the first 6 games last season but then he fell apart. I'm of the opinion he has learned alot from the 3 losses and multiple picks. He is now a glorified game manager. With CJ and Fred healthy look for ground and pound to open the play action game plan (a la Alex Smith or Joe Flacco). For the remaining 10 games, I'm sensing a turnaround and it will start this week at home. It will be the reverse of last season...our first six games this year - BLAH...last 10 games I think we'll see some significant improvement.

could not agree more. with 3/5 of his O line gone, even Big Ben could not beat the Titans the other night. With all the s__t defenses throw at offenses these days, the first thing I want to know when handicapping an upcoming game between ANY two teams is how injured is their O Line, because when they go down, defenses either feed on the offense or the game plan is cut in half because of lack of confidence is a patchwork line.

Incompetence. Unobservant. Flat out ¨denial¨.

Fitz has been bad since he signed his contract which is 15-16 weeks ago (I do not think the contract made him bad but I think it just coincided with his fall off, he is still trying hard). He has shown no consistent signs of being a good QB since then. That is quite some time. I hope to God that he shows the ability to be a mediocre NFL QB for the rest of the year. I hope he can get to a level where he can hit guys that are wide open 5 yards down field 95% of the time because he can´t right now. I hope he connects on the occasional deep ball. If he doesn´t this season is doomed. If he does we have a chance. However, it is clear that over the past 15 weeks he is very low on the NFL QB hierarchy and there is no excuse for this. He cant hit wide open guys. STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR HIM. You are in total denial of the truth. He has to make some strides or the season is lost.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

Ganjah does wonderful things for the imagination doesn't it !!! :flirt:

Scary thing is I was perfectly sober while writing that.

Fitz has been bad since he signed his contract which is 15-16 weeks ago (I do not think the contract made him bad but I think it just coincided with his fall off, he is still trying hard). He has shown no consistent signs of being a good QB since then. That is quite some time. I hope to God that he shows the ability to be a mediocre NFL QB for the rest of the year. I hope he can get to a level where he can hit guys that are wide open 5 yards down field 95% of the time because he can´t right now. I hope he connects on the occasional deep ball. If he doesn´t this season is doomed. If he does we have a chance. However, it is clear that over the past 15 weeks he is very low on the NFL QB hierarchy and there is no excuse for this. He cant hit wide open guys. STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR HIM. You are in total denial of the truth. He has to make some strides or the season is lost.

I'm incompetent for being optimistic? God loves you brother...have a nice day.

could not agree more. with 3/5 of his O line gone, even Big Ben could not beat the Titans the other night. With all the s__t defenses throw at offenses these days, the first thing I want to know when handicapping an upcoming game between ANY two teams is how injured is their O Line, because when they go down, defenses either feed on the offense or the game plan is cut in half because of lack of confidence is a patchwork line.

When we have our starting 5 back on O Line, our run game should open up more (when CJ was League leader). Once running game is a threat again, passing game (limited passing game) should follow suit. I think I referenced that in the OP - but we can't expect Fitz to throw 35 times a game. Chan's game plan needs to limit the throws in favor of the run.

Um, i think BBF was stating that Fitz's troubles since mid last season are the result of the losing his support cast, particularly his O Line, and that if the support cast is there, he will recover and be the guy he was the last time he had this, which was the first half of last year and a few games this year. Fitz cannot throw a team on his back, we all know that; there are maybe 5 guys who can do that. He has absolutely shown he can make all the throws.. we've seen them. You don't judge a body of work by a few games this season (2nd half of last season isn't even on the table, the team was decimated -- remember, I said he cannot carry a team like Ben or Brady or Manning). Man, B Lo people can find a raincloud on a sunny day like no people I've ever known. We won the game. Fitz will see the film and make the corrections as necessary. The guy's a professional football player. We won the game. Don't question how the sausage got made.

You're dreaming. When he throws the ball behind people or at their feet or over their head, it is completely on him. He has had time to throw, he just can't do it. He needs to be replaced if we are to go anywhere.

Fitz threw the ball low...ha, ha, ha...Fitz threw the ball high...ugh...Fitz threw the ball and hit the popcorn vendor in the 8th row....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Would you guys settle down...for all of the low thrown balls and badly thrown balls to WR's, he's completed a larger percentage to the receiver as per the stats and is as successful as Cam Newton (our Poster Child for franchise QB), Cutler and "Sanchise". We know he's not a franchise QB...but he's not 2 week old garbage. he has a 58% completion percentage which will improve once the running game returns to full gear.

Alex Smith, QB SF 113 167 67.7 1,287 7.71 55 8 4 16 96.6 215 22 Philip Rivers, QB SD 114 168 67.9 1,251 7.45 46 8 5 14 93.1 250 23 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB BUF 106 183 57.9 1,210 6.61 68 12 8 7 81.5 202 24 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 90 156 57.7 1,209 7.75 42 7 7 14 78.7 242 25 Kevin Kolb, QB ARI 109 183 59.6 1,169 6.39 46 8 3 27 86.1 195 26 Cam Newton, QB CAR 80 136 58.8 1,154 8.49 66 4 5 13 80.9 231 27 Matt Cassel, QB KC 103 176 58.5 1,150 6.53 33 5 9 13 66.2 230 28 Mark Sanchez, QB NYJ 88 177 49.7 1,125 6.36 66 8 6 10 70.9 188 29 Josh Freeman, QB TB 80 145 55.2 1,118 7.71 65 8 5 8 84.2 224 30 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 95 152 62.5 1,108 7.29 51 8 6 12 85.6 185 RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G 31 Blaine Gabbert, QB JAC 80 146 54.8 796 5.45 80 5 3 15 73.3 159 32 Jake Locker, QB TEN 67 106 63.2 781 7.37 71 4 2 3 90.2 195 33 Matt Hasselbeck, QB TEN 74 123 60.2 726 5.90 37 4 4 8 74.1 182 34 Brady Quinn, QB KC 24 40 60.0 212 5.30 20 0 2 0 53.3 106 35 John Skelton, QB ARI 16 38 42.1 194 5.11 28 0 2 1 36.5 97 36 Shaun Hill, QB DET 10 13 76.9 172 13.23 46 2 0 0 157.9 172 37 Kirk Cousins, QB WSH 5 9 55.6 111 12.33 77 1 2 1 97.2 111 38 Kyle Orton, QB DAL 9 10 90.0 89 8.90 21 1 0 0 137.1 89 Colin Kaepernick, QB SF 5 9 55.6 89 9.89 36 0 0 2 89.6 22

He has absolutely shown he can make all the throws.. we've seen them.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

And what's this big pressure he's been under back there? He is missing 5-yard outs to wide open receivers and with no pressure.

Fitz threw the ball low...ha, ha, ha...Fitz threw the ball high...ugh...Fitz threw the ball and hit the popcorn vendor in the 8th row....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Would you guys settle down...for all of the low thrown balls and badly thrown balls to WR's, he's completed a larger percentage to the receiver as per the stats and is as successful as Cam Newton (our Poster Child for franchise QB), Cutler and "Sanchise". We know he's not a franchise QB...but he's not 2 week old garbage. he has a 58% completion percentage which will improve once the running game returns to full

Completing 58% in Gailey's offense does not impress me - these are short passes to wide open targets.

And even when the receiver makes the catch, their YAC is often limited by having to adjust their balance to recover from his poorly placed pass.

Sanchez sucks - that is a pointless comparison.

Edited by BobChalmers

I have no idea what you are talking about.

And what's this big pressure he's been under back there? He is missing 5-yard outs to wide open receivers and with no pressure.

Completing 58% in Gailey's offense does not impress me - these are short passes to wide open targets.

And even when the receiver makes the catch, their YAC is often limited by having to adjust their balance to recover from his poorly placed pass.

Sanchez sucks - that is a pointless comparison.

OK, scrap Sanchez...I assume since Cam Newton and Jay Cutler are ranked in passing below Fitz that they suck as well.

As far as YAC on dump off throws, screens and quick slants over the middle, Fitz has hit 58% of those throws...if you are saying anyone can make every throw no matter how short and each throw should be perfect so the WR doesn't have to adjust their body, tell that to Jay Cutler and Cam Newton as well.

Um, i think BBF was stating that Fitz's troubles since mid last season are the result of the losing his support cast, particularly his O Line, and that if the support cast is there, he will recover and be the guy he was the last time he had this, which was the first half of last year and a few games this year. Fitz cannot throw a team on his back, we all know that; there are maybe 5 guys who can do that. He has absolutely shown he can make all the throws.. we've seen them. You don't judge a body of work by a few games this season (2nd half of last season isn't even on the table, the team was decimated -- remember, I said he cannot carry a team like Ben or Brady or Manning). Man, B Lo people can find a raincloud on a sunny day like no people I've ever known. We won the game. Fitz will see the film and make the corrections as necessary. The guy's a professional football player. We won the game. Don't question how the sausage got made.

What part of my post did you think meant I didn't understand his post. I reaffirm my position that this line of thought is incompetent. If I wanted to list the number of performances and throws that prove this "supporting cast theory" wrong, I would spend the next 3 hours writing this post as there is so much evidence. He is missing wide open receivers with no defensive linemen around him in crucial situations. Many quarterbacks would dream of having the running game we do. Even with some of the O-Line down, they are still at least an average line as evidenced by our sack totals and running game. Also what about the Jets game when everybody was healthy? There is a chance he can bounce back to show a bit of his form in early 2011, but to not put fault on Fitz for how he has performed this year is simply a denial of the truth. It's grasping at straws in hope that Fitz hasn;t been a big problem. He has had a great opportunity this year to establish himself as a legit NFL QB and he has failed miserabley. Watch the tape.

its the moderator telling you that you have done something bad, like call your fellow poster a &^%$#@!. I should know , I have two of them. but I have turned over a new leaf and am now the kinder gentler 8&8..

I wonder what I said..... Of course, I'm sure it was absolutely correct....

You got stuck with a Fitz Jersey didn't you?