Fitz misses David Nelson BUT he is just getting warmed up

I like Fitz. I truly believe if it were up to him he'd be running CJ and Fred 80% of the game. Alot of Fitz' mistakes (and mistakes by our offense) are a product of the playcalling by ChanMan (e.g. wildcat pass for pick, wildcat bomb, countless times in the last three games where we are throwing on 3rd and 2 with empty backfield, Spiller on goaline, etc). Fitz can throw downfield (Chandler up the middle seam on two TD's in the Pats game). I believe alot of his short throws on deep sideline routes are based on his inability to trust his line at this stage of the season (he is releasing the ball in 2 seconds rather than waiting 3 to properly gauge the speed of his receivers). But with each game he will get more comfortable with the line and the long ball will fall into place. The short routes he misses are unjustifiable but who can take his place at this time?

I have a feeling (as weird as this sounds and you may slam me for this) that once our O Line is healthy again and all five back in full swing...Fitz will have an awakening. He was lights out for the first 6 games last season but then he fell apart. I'm of the opinion he has learned alot from the 3 losses and multiple picks. He is now a glorified game manager. With CJ and Fred healthy look for ground and pound to open the play action game plan (a la Alex Smith or Joe Flacco). For the remaining 10 games, I'm sensing a turnaround and it will start this week at home. It will be the reverse of last season...our first six games this year - BLAH...last 10 games I think we'll see some significant improvement.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fitz. I truly believe if it were up to him he'd be running CJ and Fred 80% of the game. Alot of Fitz' mistakes (and mistakes by our offense) are a product of the playcalling by ChanMan (e.g. wildcat pass for pick, wildcat bomb, countless times in the last three games where we are throwing on 3rd and 2 with empty backfield, Spiller on goaline, etc). Fitz can throw downfield (Chandler up the middle seam on two TD's in the Pats game). I believe alot of his short throws on deep sideline routes are based on his inability to trust his line at this stage of the season (he is releasing the ball in 2 seconds rather than waiting 3 to properly gauge the speed of his receivers). But with each game he will get more comfortable with the line and the long ball will fall into place. The short routes he misses are unjustifiable but who can take his place at this time?

I have a feeling (as weird as this sounds and you may slam me for this) that once our O Line is healthy again and all five back in full swing...Fitz will have an awakening. He was lights out for the first 6 games last season but then he fell apart. I'm of the opinion he has learned alot from the 3 losses and multiple picks. He is now a glorified game manager. With CJ and Fred healthy look for ground and pound to open the play action game plan (a la Alex Smith or Joe Flacco). For the remaining 10 games, I'm sensing a turnaround and it will start this week at home. It will be the reverse of last season...our first six games this year - BLAH...last 10 games I think we'll see some significant improvement.

Stop making excuses for #14...He sucks. End of Story.

No offense...But if you think most of Fitz mistakes come from play calling I have to question your overall ability to critique the QB position...It's not play calling...It's Fitz...You do realize he's been doing this for a while now don't you?...In the NFL as a Starter...There is evidence...He's Fitz...And he's always going to be Fitz...He will most certainly get hot again...That's what he does...Then he gets cold again...He still can't hit a deep pass...And so on...And so on... B-)

I see the Titans have a defense comparable to ours (at least as far as the rankings go on ESPN). This may be the exact kind of game Fitz needs to gel with his receivers before going away to play the "Big Boys". Hey, you guys can fire away until your computer screen cracks...I could give a %$#@. Fitz is our only answer for QB right now....he'll get better.

I see the Titans have a defense comparable to ours (at least as far as the rankings go on ESPN). This may be the exact kind of game Fitz needs to gel with his receivers before going away to play the "Big Boys". Hey, you guys can fire away until your computer screen cracks...I could give a %$#@. Fitz is our only answer for QB right now....he'll get better.

I'd rather BringBackFergy because Fitz stinks and has been bad since the Washington game last year.

That is all.

It's hard to be more of a blind fan than me. I probably spent 90% of Losman's career defending him.

But if you think the presence of David Nelson is going to make Fitz stop throwing the ball like Ronnie Milsap, you're nuts. He's so bad, you could actually win an argument that Tebow throws a more accurate bounce pass than Fitz. THAT's how far he has fallen in my mind. Not sure what's happened, but he's done.

Fitz has no deep ball, so he needs possession style WRs that can create mismatches on the inside and catch tough passes. Nelson along with Chandler are those two guys, take one of them out and they can key in on Stevie and Chandler and stack the box against the run. Instant win for the defense.

Aw, poor Fitz.

IF ONLY he had Nelson...Woe is he!

I guess you didn't see the part where I said Fitz is pretty bad at times?

But even bad quarterbacks benefit from having the right pieces around him.

Fitz is pretty bad at times, but anyone who doesn't think he's been hurt by Nelson being out is out of their mind. Nelson is the most reliable WR on the team.

How does Nelson's absence impact Fit's accuracy? He is inaccurate. No WR is going to change that.

No offense...But if you think most of Fitz mistakes come from play calling I have to question your overall ability to critique the QB position...It's not play calling...It's Fitz...You do realize he's been doing this for a while now don't you?...In the NFL as a Starter...There is evidence...He's Fitz...And he's always going to be Fitz...He will most certainly get hot again...That's what he does...Then he gets cold again...He still can't hit a deep pass...And so on...And so on... B-)

I don't hold myself out as an expert football analyst or QB coach...I have seen him throw his share of ducks, yes. But I have also seen him hit Chandler in stride, CJ along the sideline (which resulted in a fumble), TJ Graham in the endzone and multiple tosses to SJ for TD's. With the good comes the bad. He is learning to control the bad (hopefully)...but alot of the problems (in my opinion) fall equally on the shoulders of Chan for some of the boneheaded schemes and alignments under certain downs and distances.

And on a side note, as bad as Fitz is, I think he is the best qb we have had since bledsoe. It isn't a good endorsement considering who we have had, but still.

And I really hope we draft a qb. On offense, he is the weak link

My question is... what if we were able to draft tannenhill? what would the professional Fitzbashers complain about all day when our team is still 3-3 or worse today?

Oh, there is plenty to complain about on this team other than Fitz

And on a side note, as bad as Fitz is, I think he is the best qb we have had since bledsoe. It isn't a good endorsement considering who we have had, but still.

And I really hope we draft a qb. On offense, he is the weak link

Oh, there is plenty to complain about on this team other than Fitz

Agreed. It's not that Fitz is dumb or can't comprehend the playbook...he is probably the first guy to acknowledge he has certain limitations (deep ball, forcing passes, etc.). I know Chan tried this earlier in preseason, but is there a reason why Fitz can't be given the reigns of the offense for one or two series during a game?? I wouldn't mind seeing what plays he calls if given the chance to control the offense. I don't think Chan will allow it though.

How does Nelson's absence impact Fit's accuracy? He is inaccurate. No WR is going to change that.

Throwing over the middle two tall targets with incredibly sure hands? Do I really need to explain it? Most of Fitz's accuracy issues are either deep or to the side lines, when he has targets over the middle, he's more accurate AND if those targets are big and reliable, that also makes up for accuracy.

I'm not defending Fitz's skills here, but you can hide some of his faults with the right pieces. Nelson is one of those pieces, and unfortunately he's gone. It's not rocket science.