The talent is on the roster

Santana

The more I sit here and think about it, the more it makes me upset and i'm sure that everyone feels the same way. The reason why everyone is so upset and is outraged over the performances put forth the past couple of weeks is because we all know that the talent is there. I mean in all actuality we have the best roster from top to bottom that we have had in years. We actually have depth at most of the positions, us fans know what the team is capable of and it's tiring to watch them make the same mistakes week in and week out.

The players are not buying into what they're being coached and that is clearly evident at this point. We aren't idiots and we shouldn't let the media or the front office try to tell us any different. Look at last year for instance, the players were all about the system and they believed in what they were being coached but then everything started falling apart. And i'll tell you what, it was more than injuries that was the demise of the great start. It was predictable play-calling week after week and teams started catching on to the same 5-8yd slants and pick routes. Chan a lot of times seems to stick to his guns even when its not working way too much. This year when he started running the ball more we actually controlled the game and put the game in the hands of our best offensive threat.

The fans have every right to be fed up because we know like the players know that we cannot trust the coaches to be effective on a consistent basis. You have a front four on the defensive side of the ball that should be shuffled around more, I mean why is Mario Williams playing LE every snap when he's not producing there? move him inside sometimes move him to the RE position. Try something, its ridiculous to see Wandsted not trying to get the most out of his players.

In a nutshell I know we have the players to do the job and they need to open and use these guys to their strengths. Fitz should be throwing 20-30 deep balls a practice until he gets it down, we can't stay complacent anymore!

GO BILLS!!!

sounds like they are buying into the systems, they just suck at them, esp the defense

im honestly not sure whether to blame the players or the coaches, probably some of both, but man have they been epic bad or what. just brutal

haha yeah man it's been tough to watch them lose like this, very tough

I agree with the OP, the talent in the players is there, the talent on the coaching staff isn't there

The Bills have a terrific running tandem in Spiller & Jackson, easily 2, 1000 yard rushers if used properly IMO

The Bills have more then enough talent on defense to win games,and hold teams to 30 points or under if used in a proper scheme.

The Bills even have a decent enough QB to win games if he were to hand off more often in play action instead of constantly throwing and trying to shoulder the entire offense.

The Bills currently have enough talent to emulate the Texans and Ravens ground and pound offense instead of forcing a back up QB to emulate the Patriots / Saints offense shotgun empty backfield (even the Patriots are running it more this year)

Is the talent really there, though?

Terrible LBs. I like Barnett, but the rest of 'em....yuck.

At WR, a borderline #1, a rookie with potential, and a bunch of retreads.

At TE, an average starter, a backup known for his blocking, and the great Dorin Dickerson.

At QB, a below average starter, with poor backups.

At CB, a couple of guys with potential in Gilmore and Brooks, one guy who can't stay healthy, and Williams.

At S, Wilson has been a disaster, Byrd seems to be good every other year, and a serviceable backup in Searcy.

OL is solid, although I question their ability to stay healthy.

Spiller is a game-changer at RB, and FJ seems to have lost a step. He gets banged up quite a bit.

DL is talented, I guess, in the sense that their individual reputations would suggest that, as a whole, the DL should wreak havoc. So much for that.

I just don't see the talent that others see.

Edited by bills44

At TE, an average starter, a backup known for his blocking, and the great Dorin Dickerson.

At CB, a couple of guys with potential in Gilmore and Brooks, one guy who can't stay healthy, and Williams.

At S, Wilson has been a disaster, Byrd seems to be good every other year, and a serviceable backup in Searcy.

Spiller is a game-changer at RB, and FJ seems to have lost a step. He gets banged up quite a bit.

DL is talented, I guess, in the sense that their individual reputations would suggest that, as a whole, the DL should wreak havoc. So much for that.

I guess

The talent is there more-or-less like many NFL teams...,meaning there are holes at different positions. But the difference is that those teams are winning because they have a better coaching staff.....The Steelers have lost their best OL and still Rothelisberger can throw consistently for 250+ yards per game and their defense keeps them close. You give our team to Dick Lebeau and he will make it one of the best defense.

Even the Patriots are rather week at different positions...Their OL is in a mess. Their DBs are pretty average...Their RBs are average (but we have made kings out of them).

The talent is there more-or-less like many NFL teams...,meaning there are holes at different positions. But the difference is that those teams are winning because they have a better coaching staff.....The Steelers have lost their best OL and still Rothelisberger can throw consistently for 250+ yards per game and their defense keeps them close. You give our team to Dick Lebeau and he will make it one of the best defense.

Even the Patriots are rather week at different positions...Their OL is in a mess. Their DBs are pretty average...Their RBs are average (but we have made kings out of them).

Exactly I mean every single team has holes, even the Patriots

I definitely think the talent is there, I mean of course we aren't perfect all the way through by any means I definitely acknowledge that but we still should be way more competitive with the players we have then we have showed. 5 games into the season we shouldn't have had 40 plus points scored on us 60% of the time, not with this team not with this talent.

Perhaps the players look at their leadership and question who's sailing this ship. Gailey and Wannstedt haven't done jack in the NFL since the 90s. Curtis Modkins is a glorified coffee fetcher, and the many of the other position coaches are Gailey cronies. Meanwhile, the GM was retired and the owner is never around.

They have talent, but not at the positions which matter most like QB, CB, WR.

I definitely think the talent is there, I mean of course we aren't perfect all the way through by any means I definitely acknowledge that but we still should be way more competitive with the players we have then we have showed. 5 games into the season we shouldn't have had 40 plus points scored on us 60% of the time, not with this team not with this talent.

I do agree with your last sentence. No excuse for the defensive performances we've had to see in 3 of he 5 games to date. Historically bad efforts.

Perhaps the players look at their leadership and question who's sailing this ship. Gailey and Wannstedt haven't done jack in the NFL since the 90s. Curtis Modkins is a glorified coffee fetcher, and the many of the other position coaches are Gailey cronies. Meanwhile, the GM was retired and the owner is never around.

They have talent, but not at the positions which matter most like QB, CB, WR.

That's true about the QB and CB

The current Bills defense isn't just statistically bad, they are historically bad.

First ever team to give up 300 yards rushing and 300 yards passing in the NFL to a known ground and pound team is simply ridiculously horrible.

First team to give up back to back 550+ yard games since the 1950 Yanks

621 yards of offense to that world renowned offensive powerhouse San Francisco 49ers with Alex Smith at QB :bag:

We have talent--where is the strong veteran leadership to call out players who aren't performing up to snuff or who are not going 100% based on minor injuries that others play through just fine. Where are the coaches who tell these guys that if they don't play up to speed they're losing their jobs to someone who plays with heart? The team is a reflection of its leadership--weak and ineffective. It's a Mickey Mouse franchise that needs a game changer in ownership, to hire a REAL coach (imagine Cowher here???) and then to draft a franchise QB even if that means trading up (which we won't have to do if we keep giving up so many points and yards every game). We're close on paper. We just need to find the Wizard to give us a heart!

We have talent--where is the strong veteran leadership to call out players who aren't performing up to snuff or who are not going 100% based on minor injuries that others play through just fine. Where are the coaches who tell these guys that if they don't play up to speed they're losing their jobs to someone who plays with heart? The team is a reflection of its leadership--weak and ineffective. It's a Mickey Mouse franchise that needs a game changer in ownership, to hire a REAL coach (imagine Cowher here???) and then to draft a franchise QB even if that means trading up (which we won't have to do if we keep giving up so many points and yards every game). We're close on paper. We just need to find the Wizard to give us a heart!

Yeah we have no leadership at all and that is a HUGE problem. I mean it's ridiculous, we have veteran players on the team and it doesn't seem like anyone is stepping up to the plate to be the voice and face of the franchise. Incredibly big void when it comes to leadership, you're absolutely 100% correct!!