Don't blame Ralph

He tried to hire the best coach available- they did not want any part of it.

Unfortunately the reason the best coaches don't want to come is to be in the middle of ownership change, if Ralph goes to heaven during their tenure. If Wilson would simply sell the team (or major part of it) to a younger owner the "star" coaches wouldn't mind coming to this team. The team does have talent....It is simply not executing and some experienced coaching can save that.

He also let his GM sign a blank check to fix the defense and all Mario and Mark have brought to this defense is hype. Neither have performed anywhere near their contracts at this stage. The front 4 gets blown off the ball far too often! So who's to blame, the GM picked many of the players and they aren't getting it done/ The GM hired the coach. This has to fall on Buddy's head.

Unfortunately the reason the best coaches don't want to come is to be in the middle of ownership change, if Ralph goes to heaven during their tenure. If Wilson would simply sell the team (or major part of it) to a younger owner the "star" coaches wouldn't mind coming to this team. The team does have talent....It is simply not executing and some experienced coaching can save that.

couldnt agree more with no succession plan public its a potentially bad move to join a franchise with an owner turning 94 and no idea what happens when team gets sold. It is time for Ralph to bite bullet and do something to create a succession plan

He tried to hire the best coach available- they did not want any part of it.

Do you know the meaning of the longstanding quote: "The fish rots from the head down?" It is often referred to in business and almost always rings true. Take a look at the Pats owner. Yankees owner. Extremely successful franchises.

He also let his GM sign a blank check to fix the defense and all Mario and Mark have brought to this defense is hype. Neither have performed anywhere near their contracts at this stage. The front 4 gets blown off the ball far too often! So who's to blame, the GM picked many of the players and they aren't getting it done/ The GM hired the coach. This has to fall on Buddy's head.

The problem over the years with Ralph is......He spends money once in a while. He makes good decsions once in a while. He wakes up and spends his money once in a while. Ask yourself, is this what the Steelers do? Is this what the Pats do? Ralph is one of the most consistent owners in the NFL. Extremely consistent. His record over his long time ownership is .450

Here is what Vince Lombardi said.......

"Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"

-Vince Lombardi

Go Bills! :wallbash:

Edited by Cville Bills

OK I won't blame Ralph for not spending big $ on a HC, nor will I blame Ralph for not spending big $ on a DC, nor will I blame Ralph for not spending big $ on any coach who can teach these guys to tackle, nor will I blame Ralph for not spending big $ on any coach who will light a fire under these players butts all throughout the game!

I won't blame Ralph for allowing the futile alternating 3 back system to remain, I won't blame Ralph for not spending big $ on a mediocre to at best good QB! I won't blame Ralph for having his player personnel staff get a future QB!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

They need a new owner who takes pride in the franchise. Top down it is second-rate and will continue to be until Ralph is no longer the owner. I dont like/trust Russ Brandon either.

They just cant get it right. There wont be any changes until Ralph is gone... Cant say I fault him that much, and I cant see him want to go through with vetting a new FO.

I am also sick and tired of the black cloud of relocation over our head. The losing would be a trifle less damaging to my psyche if I knew for sure they would be in Buffalo 5 years from now.

I DO blame Ralph. He is the owner, the ultimate boss. He deserves compliments for the good things he has done for the team and Buffalo in general; and he deserves the blame for letting the team get out of control. It appears that the non-Bills sources of revenue (sharing league-generated $'s) have clouded his vision in terms of his responsibility for the team's performance. From his vantage point, the enterprise is making money--the objective of every business; from "our" point of view, the team is an abysmal failure.

I DO blame Ralph. He is the owner, the ultimate boss. He deserves compliments for the good things he has done for the team and Buffalo in general; and he deserves the blame for letting the team get out of control. It appears that the non-Bills sources of revenue (sharing league-generated $'s) have clouded his vision in terms of his responsibility for the team's performance. From his vantage point, the enterprise is making money--the objective of every business; from "our" point of view, the team is an abysmal failure.

The ultimate party to blame is us, the fans. We continue to buy the product year after year regardless of the sub-standard results and consistent losing seasons. I was listening yesterday to WFAN in NY talk about the Jets and that there are some 12,000 seats unsold for tonights game against the Texans. And a statement was made that 'the one thing owners hate is empty seats'. That will get a coach and GM fired more than anything. But one thing fans boycotting the game in NY won't do is force a decision of the Jets to relocate.

Boycotting the product is certainly something Bills fans could do, and have done in the past such as during the dark ages of the mid-80's. But the relocation 'card' is at play here and its one that most franschise's fans do no thave to deal with - the constant threat of relocation.

For Bills fans its a form of extortion. Buy the product and the team might stay but don't buy it and they'll surely relocate. Ralph and his financial management team know this and they are more than capable of playing this extortion game against the fans year after year recentlty. By not revealing a succession plan they can perpetuate this situation since letting us all in on what is going to happen would eliminate their ability to use this weapon to fill seats until that plan is executed. If fans knew the team was leaving anyway the stadium would be empty right now. If they knew the team was going to stay they'd save their money now and buy tickets later when the new ownership group was in place with the expectation that things were going to improve. Continuing an environment of uncertainly with regards to relocation and fan support guarantees that the revenue stream and profits will be uninterrupted for as long as is necessary until the time comes for that decision to be made.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills