Where's Buddy??? Missing in action along with his defense?

rcatty

I know no one would cares but I'm about done on this board. It's has gone from intelligent, and humorous comments about our favorite football team TO what it is now a bunch or off the cuff baseless comments about a team that is 2-2. Who had us at 4-0 at this point ? I'm guessing 3-1 was the hope and most knew that would be tough to get. We might come home at 2-3 but the season isn't dead I'm not sure what it is too much WGR maybe. Defense takes a while to jell - sorry but it does - they won't be great til November I do think they will be really really good in the second half of the season. New corners, New D-linemen, New formation, new coordinator, new schemes this isn't a computer game. I'm not into moral victories losing a close one 33-30 in OT is no different than getting smoked 56-0 there is column for close losses

I appreciate your point. Love the Bills. Will ALWAYS be a big fan. I also hate the Stupid negative comments. I don't mind the negative ones as long as they have a point. There is A Lot of baseless negative dribble on this board EVERY TIME the team loses. One of the things that irritates me is the threads like "Harbough is immensely better than Chan because: 1. His record is better. 2. One is good the other great. blah blah blah" Oh really, amazing insight into football.

Don't leave the board though. We need more people that actually have well thought out points, Just ignore the imbecile's and those threads and it will all be good when the team really turns the corner. Just my .02.

Go Bills! ( Cause the Sabres aren't playing for a while anyway!) :wallbash:

Sage, to me this feels different than before.

Part of that is based on my last paragraph. It seems to me, more than ever before, that a lot of dark clouds are gathering.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and that people can mock me for my pessimism after a rousing victory tomorrow. But like I said, this low point feels different than previous ones. Maybe it's just me.

San Jose BF. Always find your comments pretty accurate and insightful. You know football. I for one have never found them to be filled with vitriol.

I think the major issue people have is we are all for the most part FANS = Short for Fanatics.

So if they win and not every person is gushing and actually has something to say, some take offense. Whatever.

Good Times.

Go Bills!

I used to get more upset than I do now. Worst possible result on a Sunday is I get a little frustrated and then mow the lawn at halftime instead of after the game.

Beautiful out there.

This too ^

Edited by Cville Bills

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to get more upset than I do now. Worst possible result on a Sunday is I get a little frustrated and then mow the lawn at halftime instead of after the game.

Beautiful out there.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not standing on a ledge. I have a good life and I'm happy.

Like you, Bills losses do not bother me like they used to.

BUT, from an objective, non-emotional standpoint, I sense bad things happening… more than ever before.

The thing that gets me is that we've seen MUCH leaner times. Sure, you can say that we beat two terrible teams. But we beat them soundly, so at least that qualifies the Bills as not terrible, right? :P

I agree that we Bills fans have seen much leaner times ... and myself being a fan since the teams inception have seen much MUCH leaner times. But MY problem is that I can't remember playing so poorly with so much talent on the team. It seems obvious to me that this team is built for the offense to "manage" their side of the ball and for the defence to "dominate" their side. IMHO if the offense can score between 24-28 points we should be able to win the vast majority of our games.

Our guys seem to be playing with no emotion whatsoever, the sideline staff doesn't seem willing or able to "pump them up" or chew their butts. Also our game plans (especially on defense) don't seem to have any vison, Wanny seems to think if we stop one aspect of our opponents game we're golden, forgetting "good teams" are able to adjust ... we take away the Jets "ground and pound" and Sanchize looks like the second comming of Joe Willy .... we TRY and stop Bradey's passing attack and we make two nobodies look like a combination of O.J and Jim Brown. The two games we won ... we took away the running game (the Browns and Chiefs bread and butter) and challenged their QBs to beat us with their arms ... they couldn't ... but like you said ... they are terrible teams ... they are "incomplete".

It's not the record, it's the fact that we were completely dominated and humiliated by division rivals AGAIN. That and the fact that it looks like the players gave up and didn't even care. Brady calling us bitches in our own house should be played over and over in that locker room.

RTB

Expectations were very high this year

Or at least higher than in the past...And it's not that they lost 2 Games, it's more how they lost them...If Bills fans were told they would lose to the jets on the road, and to the pats at home before the Season started I think most of us would have at least thought it was possible...But if we were told those two teams would combine for almost 100 points in those 2 games, the way this D was hyped??? I'm sure most Bills fans would have thought that impossible...But it happened...And folks are pissed... B-)

Sage, to me this feels different than before.

Part of that is based on my last paragraph. It seems to me, more than ever before, that a lot of dark clouds are gathering.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and that people can mock me for my pessimism after a rousing victory tomorrow. But like I said, this low point feels different than previous ones. Maybe it's just me.

Well... 0-12 would probably land us Geno Smith...

Just saying... ;)

Or at least higher than in the past...And it's not that they lost 2 Games, it's more how they lost them...If Bills fans were told they would lose to the jets on the road, and to the pats at home before the Season started I think most of us would have at least thought it was possible...But if we were told those two teams would combine for almost 100 points in those 2 games, the way this D was hyped??? I'm sure most Bills fans would have thought that impossible...But it happened...And folks are pissed... B-)

Well... 0-12 would probably land us Geno Smith...

Just saying... ;)

With the first pick, the Los Angeles Bills select…

BUT, from an objective, non-emotional standpoint, I sense bad things happening… more than ever before.

I am getting that feeling too. I just get a feeling that there is already finger pointing going on behind the scenes, and eventually it will all blow up in public. I bet it all comes out if we lose the next 3 and go into the bye week.

But I do sense there is a huge storm being made behind the scenes and people are pointing fingers. No evidence, just a feeling

I am getting that feeling too. I just get a feeling that there is already finger pointing going on behind the scenes, and eventually it will all blow up in public. I bet it all comes out if we lose the next 3 and go into the bye week.

But I do sense there is a huge storm being made behind the scenes and people are pointing fingers. No evidence, just a feeling

That may be true. But this team has zero success for the 21st century. It's not like the team just missed last year and is expected to do big things. Yea, to many the team won the off season. But In the NFL landscape the Bills are invisible and most painful the laughing stock, yet again, with the talking heads. Even though there are several teams way more pathetic than the Bills. No one outside of the Bills fanbase cares. WE are invisible except to be the brunt of jokes (Big shout out to Boomer for keeping his trap shut thus far).

A inner chit storm would really register a zero on the leagues talking heads. Most people know what is wrong with the team. They know it every year, yet little changes. One thing though with some of our very few high profile players, one can sense a huge lack of effort.

If you in your job have ever reported to a moron, you know how hard it can be to get excited about your work or project when the "boss" is clueless. It's hard to push on without developing a who gives a EF attitude.

Edited by Best Player Available

I wouldn't put you on my list of particularly vitriolic posters.

The thing that gets me is that we've seen MUCH leaner times. Sure, you can say that we beat two terrible teams. But we beat them soundly, so at least that qualifies the Bills as not terrible, right? :P

My issue is this - in the minds of Bills' fans, we have this well-earned reputation of being hardy and sticking with our team through thick and thin. But I log on here after a bad loss, and everybody has their damn tails between their legs.

It's not the loss. It's the fact that yet again, the pats came into our house, slapped us in the mouth, slapped our wife and kids in the mouth, stole all the food out of the fridge and took a **** on the living room floor. That could be it lol

It's not the loss. It's the fact that yet again, the pats came into our house, slapped us in the mouth, slapped our wife and kids in the mouth, stole all the food out of the fridge and took a **** on the living room floor. That could be it lol

Yeah but how did you like the first 35 minutes of the game? ;)

Expectations were very high this year

Jeez, 100 Million dollars on a pass rusher, the 2011 #3 overall on a DT, the all pro DT fully healthy, more money spent in free agency on a pass rusher, the # 10 overall this year on a CB

Is there any wonder why expectations were very high? Then the defense lays down to the tune of 48 points to the hapless Jets and 52 points to the Patriots, both division rivals the Bills were supposed to be competitive with this year.

Those 2 wins came against the 0-4 Browns and 1-3 Chiefs....

The Bills look scary bad, particularly on defense. The offense is a turnover machine to the good teams even tho they scored enough TD's to win.

The Bills defense looks worse then when the inept George Edwards was coaching them to historic fails, Kinda a lot of doubt about the season now.

Out west scouting. Doing his job.

If he was still head of scouting, yes.

As the GM, to go scouting on the West Coast in early October? In the middle of the week? How often does that happen with other GMs?

Nice to see that he's still heavily involved in that aspect of the game. But as thew GM of the team, he probably has greater responsibilities, such as being the front face for the franchise after another horrendous division loss, and where his marquee free agent signing is taking a beating.

The team has brought the negative comments on them self. We expected more from all they told us. Pre season was bad and all of us that followed them over the years could see dark clouds. I'm a fanatic for 40 some years and I still am but boy it hurts. Sometimes I think the players don't understand that. We deserve better. We really do.