Fitzpatrick Bottom 5 QB in NFL

Boludo

He is on track to lead the NFL in interceptions for back to back seasons. He has reached his potential and has no upside. He has stretches of competency but has a tendency to make bad plays in the big moments.

Who could potentially be thought of as having a worse QB situation that the Bills?

Weeden - He looks bad so far, is tied with Fitz with 7 picks, is already 28 years old as a rookie, and generally seems in over his head.

Sanchez - I'm not sure when exactly the Jets will finally admit he's a bust and move on, but they eventually will and Sanchez will then hold on to a backup QB job for a couple more years before being bounced from the league for good.

Bradford - He has never had a solid group of receivers to work with, but he has had plenty of time to show improvement and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Honorable Mention: Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill, Michael Vick

No matter how you slice it, Fitzpatrick is undeniably one of the worst QBs in this league.

It's hard to take the Bills seriously as any sort of legitimate threat with a QB situations like this. The QB situation has been bleak since Bledsoe.

Nonetheless there has been no emphasis for a decade in the draft or in free agency to bring in a top flight QB.

Draft a QB every single year in the early rounds until you find someone! Everything else is secondary.

I don't care about stats, if he isn't one of the 5 worst QBs in the NFL I am President of the United States(OK, I know I could do better then what we have). He has to the be most inconsistent in the league by a large margin. I have never seen a QB throw a really good pass then follow it up with two passes so bad that you wonder how he even got a helmet and uniform. Not blaming yesterdays disaster all on Fitz, but it wouldn't have mattered if we had the Steel Curtain defense from the 1970's Steelers, we still lose. With that, if we had the 90's Bills offense we still lose with the way the defense played also. For someone so intelligent, he makes so many bad decisions and alot of times when he makes a good decision he doesn't have the arm to back up his good decision. We never will win anything with Fitz, a great guy, with the heart of a lion, but the arm of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what's being argued anymore. At the end of the day, if the Bills win Fitz sucks and if the Bills lose fitz sucks even more. Got it.

Yeah basically Fitz sucks and some of us see and some don't. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

yes turnovers kill you...but scoring TDs is a focal point is it not? TD's are a guaranteed 6 points whereas INT's are not. and it's not like he has 12td's and 12ints...it's 12 and 7.

he obviously needs to cut down his INT's but crap you're telling me you wouldn't sign up right now for 48 tds and 28 int by the end of the season??? You'd be crazy not to. that's +20...maybe not Brady-esque but freaking good.

No I wouldn't sign up for that. +20 would be great but I would take 28 tds and 8 picks over 48 and 28. That is a lot of pressure and time on the field for the d. Why is it that his garbage time ints get discounted because he was "pressing" but his garbage time tds don't get discounted when they don't mean a f***ing thing?!

Fitz = Derek Anderson. 1 good year, gets large contract. Plays like average to below average QB since.

Wow. Excellent excellent comparison. Best I've heard honestly.

Regardless of the semantics about "bottom5" it is clear that Fitz isn't good enough. Yeah he can win a few games but even the biggest Fitz supporters know that for this team to beat a good team he needs to play mistake free and above his normal ability. It is a position that needs an upgrade. Bottom 5, bottom 10 who cares? I just know he isn't good enough to win the super bowl - and that should always be the end goal and evaluation tool.

Yeah basically Fitz sucks and some of us see and some don't. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

No I wouldn't sign up for that. +20 would be great but I would take 28 tds and 8 picks over 48 and 28. That is a lot of pressure and time on the field for the d. Why is it that his garbage time ints get discounted because he was "pressing" but his garbage time tds don't get discounted when they don't mean a f***ing thing?!

Wow. Excellent excellent comparison. Best I've heard honestly.

Regardless of the semantics about "bottom5" it is clear that Fitz isn't good enough. Yeah he can win a few games but even the biggest Fitz supporters know that for this team to beat a good team he needs to play mistake free and above his normal ability. It is a position that needs an upgrade. Bottom 5, bottom 10 who cares? I just know he isn't good enough to win the super bowl - and that should always be the end goal and evaluation tool.

:mellow: pressure on the defense..heaven forbid those paper tigers create 3 and outs.

if we worried more about creating a top 10 defense than we did about having this mystical "top 10" QB we'd be 3-1 right now.

As for the super bowl remark, about 25 other franchises are saying the same thing about their QB's. Peyton Manning has one super bowl and Dan Marino has 0. It goes well beyond the QB when evaluating a team.

Fitz is more valuable to this team than any single player on our defense and our entire defense as a whole. Fitz is more valuable to this team than the sad group of WR's we have who don't even fight for a ball. If you actually break it down, Fitz after either Spiller or FJ, is the best/most dynamic player we have.

Edited by bobobonators

I personally love Fitz. The guy can and does make some tough throws, scores points, and doesn't take sacks.

Apparently, you guys forgot how bad we have had it with crappy developmental QB's like RJ, Losman, Edwards, Nall, etc.--guys who were horrendous in the redzone, never threw to their receivers, and took a ton of sacks.

If Fitz's major flaw is being over-aggressive, that can be corrected.

As for the super bowl remark, about 25 other franchises are saying the same thing about their QB's. Peyton Manning has one super bowl and Dan Marino has 0. It goes well beyond the QB when evaluating a team.

Fitz is more valuable to this team than any single player on our defense and our entire defense as a whole. Fitz is more valuable to this team than the sad group of WR's we have who don't even fight for a ball. If you actually break it down, Fitz after either Spiller or FJ, is the best player we have.

for your first statement I would agree but say that the number is much lower as other teams are actually trying to address the position not hand the reigns to a guy in his 8th year and hoping the light suddenly comes on. Yes of course there is more to building a team than just a qb, however having a great qb can mask some deficiencies. As for your last statement that is entirely laughable. Freddie, Spiller, Stevie, Dareus, K williams, M Williams, Wood, Levitre, Glenn (yup as a rook), lindell, barnett, byrd, and wilson are all better. The qb should not be this far down the list.

I personally love Fitz. The guy can and does make some tough throws, scores points, and doesn't take sacks.

Apparently, you guys forgot how bad we have had it with crappy developmental QB's like RJ, Losman, Edwards, Nall, etc.--guys who were horrendous in the redzone, never threw to their receivers, and took a ton of sacks.

Just because it is better than what we had doesn't make it good. Yes we've had some bad qbs and Fitz is clearly better than them but that doesn't make him a good qb. I think Bills fans have just become jaded and forgot what an actual stud at the position looks like. As for part 2 at his age and length in the league I don't think he can learn new tricks. To me he is what he is and that is not a very good qb. Okay yes good/great? Not even close

Of the guys you named, Fitz has the best supporting cast and has barely outplayed any of them. The truth is.. we still have it bad.

I don't care about stats, if he isn't one of the 5 worst QBs in the NFL I am President of the United States(OK, I know I could do better then what we have). He has to the be most inconsistent in the league by a large margin. I have never seen a QB throw a really good pass then follow it up with two passes so bad that you wonder how he even got a helmet and uniform. Not blaming yesterdays disaster all on Fitz, but it wouldn't have mattered if we had the Steel Curtain defense from the 1970's Steelers, we still lose. With that, if we had the 90's Bills offense we still lose with the way the defense played also. For someone so intelligent, he makes so many bad decisions and alot of times when he makes a good decision he doesn't have the arm to back up his good decision. We never will win anything with Fitz, a great guy, with the heart of a lion, but the arm of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

We would have lost yesterday with the Steelers' defense? Did you even watch the game cause that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard about the game. Hate or love our QB, but the man gave us a two score lead on the Patriots, which would have been 3 had Spiller not fumbled on the one. The defense allowed 28 uninterrupted points by the Patriots. But I guess Fitzpatrick should've gotten on that D-line and rushed Brady, or played man on Welker just like all the "elite QB's" do.

Edited by FireChan

I don't even know what's being argued anymore. At the end of the day, if the Bills win Fitz sucks and if the Bills lose fitz sucks even more. Got it.

I want Fitz to PLAY not to lose. Stop forcing plays when you don't need to. I could care less if Fitz passed for 47 net yards as long as the Bills WIN.

Passing stats don't mean **** when they are from yards playing "catch up".

We would have lost yesterday with the Steelers' defense? Did you even watch the game cause that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard about the game. Hate or love our QB, but the man gave us a two score lead on the Patriots, which would have been 3 had Spiller not fumbled on the one. The defense allowed 28 uninterrupted points by the Patriots. But I guess Fitzpatrick should've gotten on that D-line and rushed Brady, or played man on Welker just like all the "elite QB's" do.

Did you watch the game? The defense gave us one of the scores recovering Gronks fumble at the 10 and should have given another with Welkers fumble almost that close to the goal line. 6 turnovers, it doesn't matter what your defense is, get real.

Fitz is clearly smarter than all of us.

He throws a couple pics to let the other team get a huge lead, then throws a bunch of TDs against the backups to make him statistically look 100x better than he really is.

That wasnt true of this game, but it has been in many of the games.

PS, as schitty as Fitz has been, he is the 4th highest scoring PLAYER in my fantasy league. So I picked him up!

Me too.. lol Luckily int's are only -1.

Fitz has not been great this year, but he's servceable with a decent defense.

Let's be clear, it was the D that cost us the game yesterday.

6 turnovers by the offense does not help. Spillers fumble on the 1 turned that game IMO. As much on the O as it is the D.

The guy is 17-34-1. I must of missed the 1 good year?

Anderson:

Career Totals 54 69.0 759 1439 52.7 9194 170.3 6.4 53 55

Best year 29TD 19INT

Fitz:

Career Totals 61 76.0 1104 1869 59.1 11867 194.5 6.3 80 72

Best Year: 23TD 15Int

Just because it is better than what we had doesn't make it good. Yes we've had some bad qbs and Fitz is clearly better than them but that doesn't make him a good qb. I think Bills fans have just become jaded and forgot what an actual stud at the position looks like. As for part 2 at his age and length in the league I don't think he can learn new tricks. To me he is what he is and that is not a very good qb. Okay yes good/great? Not even close

But that's what you're going to get if you decide to go with another developmental QB-- high risk bust potential. We've tried and failed over the last 16 years to get that stud QB. We can keep trying, but there's serious risk that comes with that.

I want Fitz to PLAY not to lose. Stop forcing plays when you don't need to. I could care less if Fitz passed for 47 net yards as long as the Bills WIN.

Passing stats don't mean **** when they are from yards playing "catch up".

i hear ya, i want the same thing. two points:

1. when fitz managed the game against the browns to come out with the victory, half the people on here still complained b/c?? I'm not really sure why..maybe b/c he didn't throw for 4tds against the browns? Probably b/c they just hate fitz and need to be right on a message board.

2. I don't like it when all we do is line up in shotgun w/5 WR spread...that is on Chan. The play calling isn't great at times...we seem to give up on the run too quickly considering the run game is a definite strength. Yesterday towards the end of the 2nd quarter when we were near the 2 minute warning and in the red zone, rather than running the ball and killing some time (b/c pats get ball after half any way), chan calls 3 pass plays in a row i beleive...it worked out b/c we were able to get the 1st down but that's not the point. Then with the ball on the 1 we run up the middle with the smaller RB as opposed to Freddy who is better suited at picking up short yardage than spiller imo.

Did you watch the game? The defense gave us one of the scores recovering Gronks fumble at the 10 and should have given another with Welkers fumble almost that close to the goal line. 6 turnovers, it doesn't matter what your defense is, get real.

We were winning by 2 scores in the beginning of the third. Winning. With 3 picks and a fumble. You seem to have the stat sheet in front of you and not what happened. They charged down our field 4 straight times for touchdowns. Fitz tried to force it to match their drives while our defense got crushed. He threw 1 pick. And we fumbled with Fred. We couldn't stop them from getting 12 yards every play and we lost. That's the defense's fault. One pick didn't give the patriots 50 points, the defense did.

We were winning by 2 scores in the beginning of the third. Winning. With 3 picks and a fumble. You seem to have the stat sheet in front of you and not what happened. They charged down our field 4 straight times for touchdowns. Fitz tried to force it to match their drives while our defense got crushed. He threw 1 pick. And we fumbled with Fred. We couldn't stop them from getting 12 yards every play and we lost. That's the defense's fault. One pick didn't give the patriots 50 points, the defense did.

1 Pick does not kill a team. 4 picks and 2 fumbles does. SO does not being able to capatalize on Patriot turnovers in great field position. The D was bad, but saying the O was good is laughable. The Pats D is not elite. CJ scores at the end of the half it's a different game. That play changed the game IMO.

Wait until they play SF and Houston. Those D's are elite.

Edited by CountDorkula

But that's what you're going to get if you decide to go with another developmental QB-- high risk bust potential. We've tried and failed over the last 16 years to get that stud QB. We can keep trying, but there's serious risk that comes with that.

Have to keep trying for the pure ad simple fact that it is known that fitz isn't the answer. It doesn't matter if they fail 100 times trying to find the right qb (already feels like that doesn't it :lol: ) if you hit on the 101st time you have an answer for 10 years. Not all qbs that come out in the draft are high risk either. In the last few years Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck were 2 that come to mind as having little to no bust potential. Add to the fact that any pick at any position can be a bust (Maybin). This is a position that can not and should not be ignored anymore in the draft.

Scared money don't make money!