Dexter is baaaaack

Clippers of Nfl

Episode 10 of season 7...

• I already miss Isaak.
  • Hannah's dad did not meet Harry's code but the code really doesn't seem to matter much these days.
  • And there's no Dark Passenger, either.
  • George didn't think Quinn would kill him? Really? Is Nadia in the wind. Is this over? I don't really care either way.
  • I was worried for Angel in that scene in the Fox Hole. I'd hate for a guy that close to retiring to buy it.
  • Deb REALLY doesn't like Hannah but we knew that. Part "she knows Hannah is a killer", part "that's my guy!".
  • I did like the fact that the arson investigator was a Civil War reenactor. Ever meet one of those folks? They're just like that.
  • La Guerta figured it out! This is the only story-line that is currently interesting. I wish Lundy was still alive.
  • Captain Matthews is in "Something Borrowed", a chick-flick in heavy rotation on HBO/Cinemax right now. He plays the father of a character named Dexter. Thought you should know that.

I'm sort of glad this show only has one more season. The writers have 14 hours to finish a story about a serial killer that only kills bad people (most of the time). Hope they get it right.

Edited by HopsGuy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed this show to varying degrees over the years...must say, this season, as chaotic as it has been, has been far more interesting than the last few...as Hopsguy points out, it is winding down, and things will come to a head. From the previews, it looks like Hannah will try to take out Deb...perhaps an act of "gratitude" for Dexter taking care of her father? Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens when Dexter finaly gets caught..or doesn't.

For me, this show has always been best when Dexter is in danger of being exposed. The whole tension between he and Doakes the first two seasons was great... it has been lacking that ever since. Maybe LaGuerta can bring it back...and justify the seasons of silliness we have had to endure with her character.

Very curious as to where, if anywhere, the whole story with Quin is going.

Edited by Buftex

• 2 weeks later...

Well, so that happened. Hannah is in the wind with the help of her old pal Arlene. La Guerta died in the storage container like in the first book except at the hands of Deb rather than Brian. The only way to clean up that mess is to put both her and Hector in the gulfstream, right? Jamie is going for Quinn? Fantastic! I'm thinking that Angel might postpone retirement to pursue whatever happened to Maria. Best line of the finale was Vince: "Try and stop me!"

The show shot out the gate but stumbled midway through the season. I guess this is the beginning of the end. I hope the writers can pull off something great.

Well, so that happened. Hannah is in the wind with the help of her old pal Arlene. La Guerta died in the storage container like in the first book except at the hands of Deb rather than Brian. The only way to clean up that mess is to put both her and Hector in the gulfstream, right? Jamie is going for Quinn? Fantastic! I'm thinking that Angel might postpone retirement to pursue whatever happened to Maria. Best line of the finale was Vince: "Try and stop me!"

The show shot out the gate but stumbled midway through the season. I guess this is the beginning of the end. I hope the writers can pull off something great.

I actually thought this season was a little better than the previous couple...though still some major problems....the story was so convoluted, I am still trying to figure out what the point of the whole Quinn storyline was all about, or why any of it was necessary...I like the whole idea of Dexter dragging his sister down (the only person he seems to have truly "loved"), just wonder if he will go one step further and surrender himself, to clear her name...as bad as the acting is most of the time on this show (and the ultra-thin characters) Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) has moments where she doesn't over-act, and she pulled off the whole guilty conscience thing pretty well...

One major problem I had, with the second to last episode: didn't Deb or Dexter give any thought, before they arrested her, as to what Hannah McKay might have to say to the police about Dexter and Deb? Dexter was going way out on a limb to assume she wouldn't divulge their secret...her whole "do wathca gotta do" philosophy seemed to have missed Dexter on that one...oh well...she lives...I suspect, in the end, either Dexter redeems himself by surrendering (not likely I know) or Hannah McKay somehow takes the fall for him in the end...they are keeping her around for a reason....oh well...at least LaGuerta finally served a purpose on the show!

Edited by Buftex

I have a feeling Deb either arrests Dexter when all is said and done or has to kill him.

Hannah McKay kills them both and then does a spin-off where she carries on the mission. Its a weird thing where Dexter becomes her Harry......

Edited by JoeF

I actually thought this season was a little better than the previous couple...though still some major problems....the story was so convoluted, I am still trying to figure out what the point of the whole Quinn storyline was all about, or why any of it was necessary...I like the whole idea of Dexter dragging his sister down (the only person he seems to have truly "loved"), just wonder if he will go one step further and surrender himself, to clear her name...as bad as the acting is most of the time on this show (and the ultra-thin characters) Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) has moments where she doesn't over-act, and she pulled off the whole guilty conscience thing pretty well...

This show has been quite uneven with secondary/tertiary story-lines. Quinn has always been in the middle of those stories (Yuki following him, Liddy following Dexter, his relationship with Deb, etc). This season, his role was to be the dupe who got Isaak out by losing the evidence from the Columbian bar shootout. Now I guess we're setting up for a relationship with Jamie which has to be a problem for Angel.

One major problem I had, with the second to last episode: didn't Deb or Dexter give any thought, before they arrested her, as to what Hannah McKay might have to say to the police about Dexter and Deb? Dexter was going way out on a limb to assume she wouldn't divulge their secret...her whole "do wathca gotta do" philosophy seemed to have missed Dexter on that one...oh well...she lives...I suspect, in the end, either Dexter redeems himself by surrendering (not likely I know) or Hannah McKay somehow takes the fall for him in the end...they are keeping her around for a reason....oh well...at least LaGuerta finally served a purpose on the show!

Lots of plot holes but we've had those throughout the show. With the way this one ended, I guess I'm glad that next season will be the last.

My 2 biggest issues with the last 2 episodes

1. So Dexter goes to work everyday in khakis and a polo/collared shirt (no tie), yet when he has christmas dinner at home with a couple of people/family, he dresses up in a shirt and tie in his own house?

2. So Debra Shoots LaGuerta in the abdomin, the wound is bloody, Deb goes running over and grabs her and hugs her while crying, yet she shows up to the party after wearing the same clothes she had on in the shipping container and no blod on her?

WTF?

1. So Dexter goes to work everyday in khakis and a polo/collared shirt (no tie), yet when he has christmas dinner at home with a couple of people/family, he dresses up in a shirt and tie in his own house?

I lived in South Florida for 9 years and this is exactly the case for most jobs. I was basically a manager in a brokerage office and I wore khakis & a golf shirt every day. I wore a suit to the Christmas party. Hey, at least I wore a tie to that. The CEO never wore a tie to that party.

2. So Debra Shoots La Guerta in the abdomen the wound is bloody, Deb goes running over and grabs her and hugs her while crying, yet she shows up to the party after wearing the same clothes she had on in the shipping container and no blood on her?

WTF?

Yup, plot hole. But I do think she might have gotten her in the chest. It seemed like an immediate kill shot & that La Guerta was already dead when she ran over.

I really hope they can get this thing right. I have way more faith that Vince Gilligan & company will finish "Breaking Bad" in a satisfying way but I'm concerned that we'll be talking about "Dexter" having hung on too long like "Weeds" (although I was fine with how that finally ended with the finale set 8 years in the future).

is "weeds" finished? i missed the last couple (show was definetly tapering off)

Yeah, the final episode was titled "It's Time". So true.

The penultimate episode had them going back to California and seeing many of the characters from throughout the series including Conrad, Heylia, Guillermo, Megan, etc). They squeezed 3 more seasons out of that show than were necessary. I hope Jejni Kohan gets another shot and now knows how to manage a story arc.

2. So Debra Shoots LaGuerta in the abdomin, the wound is bloody, Deb goes running over and grabs her and hugs her while crying, yet she shows up to the party after wearing the same clothes she had on in the shipping container and no blod on her?

WTF?

Something to add on that I found odd...When they show Deb walking into the container and when she is huggung LaGuerta, she is not wearing shoes.

You would think that if your driving and going to a shipping yard, you might think to wear some shoes

is "weeds" finished? i missed the last couple (show was definetly tapering off)

The last two seasons of "Weeds" were painfully bad....the last two minutes of the final episode were the only redeeming moments of the last season....oh yeah, and Mary Louise Parker skinny-dipping...the ony two redeeming moments of the final season...do yourself a favor, don't bother trying to catch up on it.

Something to add on that I found odd...When they show Deb walking into the container and when she is huggung LaGuerta, she is not wearing shoes.

You would think that if your driving and going to a shipping yard, you might think to wear some shoes

I noticed that too, and I think (maybe I'm wrong) they were trying to show how awkward Deb (kind of a tom-boy) was being dressed up like a "girly-girl"...it was kind of true to character I thought.

Yeah, the final episode was titled "It's Time". So true.

The penultimate episode had them going back to California and seeing many of the characters from throughout the series including Conrad, Heylia, Guillermo, Megan, etc). They squeezed 3 more seasons out of that show than were necessary. I hope Jejni Kohan gets another shot and now knows how to manage a story arc.

Agree on kohan. The show got a little goofy at end (think I'm 3 episodes max from finale). Could have used more Dean Hodes that guy always cracked me up. Lot of decent characters sprinkled in over the years.

The last two seasons of "Weeds" were painfully bad....the last two minutes of the final episode were the only redeeming moments of the last season....oh yeah, and Mary Louise Parker skinny-dipping...the ony two redeeming moments of the final season...do yourself a favor, don't bother trying to catch up on it.

I noticed that too, and I think (maybe I'm wrong) they were trying to show how awkward Deb (kind of a tom-boy) was being dressed up like a "girly-girl"...it was kind of true to character I thought.

That makes sense.

Never thought of that

Agree on kohan. The show got a little goofy at end (think I'm 3 episodes max from finale). Could have used more Dean Hodes that guy always cracked me up. Lot of decent characters sprinkled in over the years.

If the show had eneded with Nancy Botwin gettting arrested at the airport, that would have been a great finale for the show...I actually liked the whol Meixco excursion....less Kevin Nealon, and Elizabeth Perkins would have been nice too...nothing against the actors, they just had nothing to do with the show...

I lived in South Florida for 9 years and this is exactly the case for most jobs. I was basically a manager in a brokerage office and I wore khakis & a golf shirt every day. I wore a suit to the Christmas party. Hey, at least I wore a tie to that. The CEO never wore a tie to that party.

That atleast makes sense, you went out to a company christmas party in a suit and tie, he was at home with only a few close family/friends (his GF, Nanny and son) and he dressed up.

Yup, plot hole. But I do think she might have gotten her in the chest. It seemed like an immediate kill shot & that La Guerta was already dead when she ran over.

Yeah, LaGuerta was probably killed instantly, but She did have blood all over her from the Shot, Are tehy trying to say that none of it got on Deb while she hugged her body? C'mon man

Hmmmm, didn't notice that, another good one

Although in her defence, She was probably wearing heels, and would you really want to try and have to apprehend/fight someone in heels?