Total NFL Realignment

Promo came up with the idea to switch to the AFC North but I figured why not re do the whole thing. So here goes;

AFC Yankee division

1. Pats

2. Jets

3. Eagles

4. Giants

AFC Rust Belt division

1. Bills

2. Steelers

3. Browns

4. Lions

AFC Sun belt Division

1. Fins

2. Jags

3. Bucs

4. Saints

AFC Gateway division

1. Bengals

2. Titans

3. Rams

4. Chiefs

NFC Dixie division

1. Ravens

2. Redskins

3. Panthers

4. Falcons

NFC Grain Belt division

1. Packers

2. Vickings

3. Bears

4. Colts

NFC Border War Wrangler division [edit]

1. Cowboys

2. Texans

3. Cardinals

4. Chargers Broncos

NFC Rocky Mnt Broke Back Mountain er... Left Coast division ( :devil: ) [edit]

1. 49rs

2. Broncos Chargers

3. Raiders

4. Seahawks

Feel free to come up with other division names.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promo came up with the idea to switch to the AFC North but I figured why not re do the whole thing. So here goes;

AFC Yankee division

1. Pats

2. Jets

3. Eagles

4. Giants

AFC Rust Belt division

1. Bills

2. Steelers

3. Browns

4. Lions

AFC Sun belt Division

1. Fins

2. Jags

3. Bucs

4. Saints

AFC Gateway division

1. Bengals

2. Titans

3. Rams

4. Chiefs

NFC Dixie division

1. Ravens

2. Redskins

3. Panthers

4. Falcons

NFC Grain Belt division

1. Packers

2. Vickings

3. Bears

4. Colts

NFC Border War division

1. Cowboys

2. Texans

3. Cardinals

4. Chargers

NFC Rocky Mnt division

1. 49rs

2. Broncos

3. Raiders

4. Seahawks

Feel free to come up with other division names.

This makes far too much common sense to ever happen. Good work!

i used to be really, REALLY into this line of thinking.

i would open up a map of america in microsoft paint, and put a star where every nfl team was, then draw different colored circles around teams that should be in the same division, based on a US atlas of how far each city was from each other, in actual miles.

but now, im going in the exact opposite direction--the nfl needs to have NO divisions-in my opinion.

basically, expand the league by 2 more teams, both in LA.

in the American Football Conference are 17 teams, in the National Football Conference, there are 17 teams.

You play every team in your conference once a year--rotating homefield advantage on a yearly basis.

top 6 make the playoffs (i have always loved that the NFL is the only sport where teams get a bye.)

This way, everyone has the same schedule, and the Super Bowl becomes a unique event where the two teams that are playing NEVER face each other.

So, Washington, D.C. Is now Dixie? There's a bunch of history books counter to that thought. I do like the alignment though!

Historically, the Redskin fan-base was southern. Before Carolina entered the picture, Redskin country stretched from just the DC suburbs in the north all the way down to South Carolina, were you began to get some Falcon fans.

i would open up a map of america in microsoft paint, and put a star where every nfl team was, then draw different colored circles around teams that should be in the same division, based on a US atlas of how far each city was from each other, in actual miles.

but now, im going in the exact opposite direction--the nfl needs to have NO divisions-in my opinion.

in the American Football Conference are 17 teams, in the National Football Conference, there are 17 teams.

You play every team in your conference once a year--rotating homefield advantage on a yearly basis.

top 6 make the playoffs (i have always loved that the NFL is the only sport where teams get a bye.)

This way, everyone has the same schedule, and the Super Bowl becomes a unique event where the two teams that are playing NEVER face each other.

I like it. I like it a lot.

I think this could really be pitched strictly on increased ticket sales. For instance the Bills farthest division competitor would be Detroit, not Miami. My thinking is at least teams would increase their road traveling fans. I'd take the trip to Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Pitch it!

Love it, probably because I love European "football" and that's how they do things. Everyone plays everyone.

I'd say let AFC vs NFC games take place in the pre-season and then the Superbowl.

That said, it will never happen.