Total NFL Realignment

P.S. can't believe I'm 10 posts in and no negative comments, I really thought I was going to get grilled on this one.

lol are you kidding me?

if youre a sports fan over the age of 18, have ever been bored and had a pen and a piece of paper handy--youve realigned most professional sports leagues many times over.

me and my buddy used to work an exceedingly boring 9-5, and would have races to see who could list all the pro teams the quickest. it seems easy, but trying to remember that last baseball team if youre not a fan of the sport can be nerve wracking, especially if there's a dollar on the line.

lol. i wish i could be young again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible.

Youre breaking up virtually ALL the big division rivalries.

For example....

If you were Ralph, would you sign up to lose the Miami game and its guaranteed sellout?

If you were any team that played the Cowboys, would you give up that game and its guaranteed sellout?

From a fans perspective, its terrible too.....

For example, there would be riots in KC if you took the Raiders and Broncos games away from them.

Frankly Im shocked anyone who is an NFL fan can look at this "plan" and say its good.

you're not referring to my plan i hope? i have left all those rivalries intact.

it does eliminate most of the home-and-homes, but i contend that, in the bills' case for example, during a year we had no home game with miami we could certainly count on, say, the pittsburgh game to sell out.

and it also makes the one home-and-home that you get each season more exciting, and a bigger story for the fans.

more important: we gotta do away with these 4 team divisions. idon't care what anyone says...it is a complete travesty that anyone EVER gets in the playoffs with a poorer record than someone else. my four-division realignmnet scenario makes that all but impossible.

rkfast you can say it is a bad idea now...but let's see how you feel when the bills go 10-6 and miss the playoffs...while the broncos or someone gets in with 9-7.

Edited by jester43

Terrible.

For example....

If you were Ralph, would you sign up to lose the Miami game and its guaranteed sellout?

If you were any team that played the Cowboys, would you give up that game and its guaranteed sellout?

For example, there would be riots in KC if you took the Raiders and Broncos games away from them.

Frankly Im shocked anyone who is an NFL fan can look at this "plan" and say its good.

Well my friend, judging from the posts here you are in the minority. People like it bc its very regional which makes rivalries more intense over time.

lol are you kidding me?

if youre a sports fan over the age of 18, have ever been bored and had a pen and a piece of paper handy--youve realigned most professional sports leagues many times over.

me and my buddy used to work an exceedingly boring 9-5, and would have races to see who could list all the pro teams the quickest. it seems easy, but trying to remember that last baseball team if youre not a fan of the sport can be nerve wracking, especially if there's a dollar on the line.

lol. i wish i could be young again.

I never done a full realignment of any sport before.

you're not referring to my plan i hope? i have left all those rivalries intact.

it does eliminate most of the home-and-homes, but i contend that, in the bills' case for example, during a year we had no home game with miami we could certainly count on, say, the pittsburgh game to sell out.

and it also makes the one home-and-home that you get each season more exciting, and a bigger story for the fans.

more important: we gotta do away with these 4 team divisions. idon't care what anyone says...it is a complete travesty that anyone EVER gets in the playoffs with a poorer record than someone else. my four-division realignmnet scenario makes that all but impossible.

rkfast you can say it is a bad idea now...but let's see how you feel when the bills go 10-6 and miss the playoffs...while the broncos or someone gets in with 9-7.

No he's revering to mine, and no inter-conference play sucks, there is a reason MLB did away with it.

Mine is better bc it is super regional which most people like instead of having rivalries half way across the country which almost no one can attend.

In our new division all our games are 4 -5 hr away (if you go through Canada to Detroit) and most could attend many of these games.

Besides new rivalries would develop and the old ones will fade over time.

Terrible.

For example....

That guaranteed sellout no longer exists against Miami, last I heard there were still 7,000 tickets availble for this years game. Also its hard to tell who has more fans when the Bills play in Miami, the Dolphins, the Bills oe The tarps covering seats! lol

Pretty good job. I have been on the Buffalo-Pitts-Cleve bandwagon since before the last realignment,

I feel the day and age of medium rivalries in the NFL are all but done. It is much more based on teams who are competing for the Division year to year as well as the top few teams in the Conference. I wouldnt bat an eye to see certain rivalries broken up. Better rivalries would be born if you have the geographical alignment. NYJ vs NYG, KC/STL, Buf/Cle/Pit, Wash/Balt, etc... The divisions would have the feel of mini-NCAA Conferences.

They are overdue for a re-alignment (and expansion IMO).

If you really want to rack your brain, try MLB realignment. The possibilities in MLB if you throw some AL/NL tradition aside are amazing.

Terrible.

For example....

Well, the Miami/Bills game is very luke-warm attendance and interest-wise. I know they are both bad... But I really dont feel much hatred toward Miami, at least not much more than any other NFL team. We had the domination of the 70's, then Marino vs Kelly action and some great competition... But I think it is going to take a lot to really kindle the rivalry again.

The Eagles, Giants, and Redskins dont worry about selling out without the Cowboys.

I think your AFC West argument may hold water. Especially where he has the Broncos. They have been taken away from their 2 rivals and not really given anything to get excited about (KC has STL, OAK has SF I believe).