Video Game Virgin: What's the first game you remember playing?

Fezmid

Well then nice work. You had my attention the second I saw the picture. I spent more than my fair share of time on each of those games you listed except the last one, which I've never heard of. Oh, and thanks to you, I have that B17 bomber voice stuck in my head.

Here's the intro :D

And I don't remember ever seeing a commercial for it, but I found it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgAdyvllAQM&NR=1&feature=fvwp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the intro :D

And I don't remember ever seeing a commercial for it, but I found it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube....=1&feature=fvwp

Ha, the first video has a link to Bomb Squad. All of those talking games always stick out in my mind. I wish I could remember the name of the 3rd one we had. You would shoot down space ships. My brothers and I would set up the room like the bridge of the Enterprise and pretend to be the Star Trek cast (even though the ships looked like they were straight out of Star Wars). I miss being so easily entertained.

Oh, and I just googed it. The 3rd one was Space Spartans.

Oh, and I just googed it. The 3rd one was Space Spartans.

There was a talking Tron game too. "Sector 5, track 3." :D

As far as I can remember it was space invaders. Maybe one of the other 2600 games of the time. Fun times.

Holy crap, I've been trying to remember the name of Bezerk forever. Every time this subject comes up I try to get someone to remember that game, and nobody can. That damn smiley face used to piss me off!

Intruder alert! Intruder alert!

ET.....the first time I ever threw a controller at the TV. NO! I did NOT touch the !@#$ing side making me fall to the bottom of the pit again!

:lol:

I definitely fired the controller at the TV many times in my Atari career. As for ET, I always thought it was underrated. Superman was another game you never heard about but it was one of my top 2 or 3.

Holy crap, I've been trying to remember the name of Bezerk forever. Every time this subject comes up I try to get someone to remember that game, and nobody can. That damn smiley face used to piss me off!

OTTO!!!!!!!

:lol:

I definitely fired the controller at the TV many times in my Atari career. As for ET, I always thought it was underrated. Superman was another game you never heard about but it was one of my top 2 or 3.

OTTO!!!!!!!

Superman was one of my favorites too, but the sound was god awful. Could never find the last piece of the bridge either.

Spiderman was another top game for me.

Superman was one of my favorites too, but the sound was god awful. Could never find the last piece of the bridge either.

Spiderman was another top game for me.

The flying 'woosh' didn't bother me that 'ding-ding-ding' that never stopped as long as you were carrying Lois drove me crazy. Eventually I'd have to dump her in the subway.

On a home console or on a machine in a bar? My SU college days were filled with Space Invaders at Hungry Charles on Marshall St.

On a home console, I remember owning an Atari 2600. But my fave console was the Sega Dreamcast with Ecco the Dolphin and Sonic The Hedgehog. Are those worth anything today?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot