All of this negativity, and for what???

ACor58

At first I was extremely pissed off after the game, especially after the Jets lost, but you know what, let's be honest for a second.

A team that cannot beat another teams 2nd string, especially at home, does not deserve to be in the playoffs.

To be realistic, we didn't beat a team with a winning record during the winning streak. Let's be thankful that this team didn't quit early in the season and were still playing a game that meant something in January. We have a lot to build on for next year.

At first I was extremely pissed off after the game, especially after the Jets lost, but you know what, let's be honest for a second.

A team that cannot beat another teams 2nd string, especially at home,  does not deserve to be in the playoffs.

To be realistic, we didn't beat a team with a winning record during the winning streak. Let's be thankful that this team didn't quit early in the season and were still playing a game that meant something in January.  We have a lot to build on for next year.

189505[/snapback]

well said! I agree for the most part. My biggest worry is an unsettled QB position!

Lets hope our front office truly is world class and makes the RIGHT move early!

I'm getting madder by the minute.

Losing at home to second and third string SCRUBS with the playoffs on the line is NOT acceptable.

189554[/snapback]

I hope your anger is channeled at one of the big reasons..mainly one 6' 5" statue!

I'm getting madder by the minute.

Losing at home to second and third string SCRUBS with the playoffs on the line is NOT acceptable.

189554[/snapback]

Anyone can spin it 100 different ways and it still stinks. This team was not prepared, were outcoached and outplayed today. Not a good way to end the season.

To be realistic, we didn't beat a team with a winning record during the winning streak.

Seattle.

St. Louis and Cincy would've had winning records, had we not beat them.

NFL Elite? No. NFL good? Well, 66% of the above listed teams are in the playoffs and we're not.

CW

I think we're mad at the reality of the situation: We've still got a long way to go. We were hoping not to have to admit that going into today's game.

189528[/snapback]

I agree. It was hard not to buy into the (unlikely) belief that this team had truly started to become GREAT. They were kicking people's butts, scoring more than 33 points a game, defense playing great w tons o turnovers. So we hoped against hope that gosh, we had turned into a great team. Then THUD!!!! We hit the cold hard floor of reality today. That hurt. So we'll moan for awhile. Lick our wounds. Then come back next year and start hoping against hope (again) that we can become great. Because we're Bills fans. We won't give up hoping, and one sweet day we'll watch our team hold a SB trophy high and we'll cry tears of joy together! Til that day, yeah, we'll moan now and then.

All I can say is, this year was better than last, and I appreciate the improvement.

Before the season started I figured 8-8 would be good. New coach, new offense, etc.

at 0-4 I figured at best 3-13 and was cringing at the thought of Dallas getting that first round pick.

After the 2nd Jets game I thought maybe they were on to something.

After the NE debacle I was ready to look to next year.

After St. Louis and Seattle there was hope again.

After last week I thought we had a pretty good chance of getting in to the playoffs.

And....

After today I realized...

Drew isn't the answer,

nor is Fletcher

nor is Moulds

nor is Lindell

Josh Reed needs to be all world next preseason or he's history

does Posey still play?

we need one more good offensive lineman

and a 3rd down pass rusher

and I'm not sure about Henry

I realized we are an 8-8 team that needs some work, but there is much hope for next year with a few personnel moves.

To watch the Bills (and especially Drew) lay an egg after clawing their way to the brink of the playoffs?  Yeah, that's reason for negativity.

PTR

189574[/snapback]

Promo - I understand where you are coming from and it is extremely frustrating, I will not debate that.

However, it took a team full of 2nd and 3rd stringers to show us that while the 2nd half of the season was not a fluke, our team as a whole was over-hyped. If this team couldn't have beaten the Steelers bench at home what do you think would have happened against the Colts on the road?

To watch the Bills (and especially Drew) lay an egg after clawing their way to the brink of the playoffs?  Yeah, that's reason for negativity.

PTR

189574[/snapback]

That's really it isn't it? The team scratched and clawed to make up for an awful start. I had to really try hard to keep from yelling at my kids today, perspective...

Anyone can spin it 100 different ways and it still stinks.  This team was not prepared, were outcoached and outplayed today.  Not a good way to end the season.

189582[/snapback]

You can say that again!

All the joy from turning around an 0-4, then a 1-5 Start went down the ol' toilet with todays performance...That's for certain...

What kills me is the fact that after all these weeks of pretty solid Football, the Team that Started the Season 1-5 made a return performance at the worst possible time. This was the bumbling Bills again...The mistake prone Bills who find a million different ways to lose Games...The Penalties, the turnovers, the bad plays, the always famous "lack of execution..." They were all back in Buffalo today...

That was one Wagon I hope we never see circling The Ralph again... :doh:

And BTW...All this garbage about the Steelers being so great blah, blah, blah (I heard a ton of it in the Post Game interviews)... The Bills blew this Game, plain and simple, to the Steelers 2nd and 3rd Team with a sprinkle of Starters playing a Quarter...No excuses necessary, and proving in the end they were just as close to being the Team that Started 1-5, as they were to the Team that finished 8-2 and a single Game out of the Playoffs... :P