Bills vs Pats Preview

Bufcomments

Bills took care of business on the road against a team they should have beat. And they did it without the best open field player in the NFL right now( C.J.) for most of the game. Now we go into the heart of the schedule with a tough one vs Brady and Co. in a key AFC East game.

OB's Pats still have Brady but surprisingly Fitz has more TD passes so far. Brady has become a pocket passer . Problem is his line is not what it used to be. Fitz has been mistake free last 2 games and Bills have won both. Will we get Fitzmagic or Fitzpicksix?

Edge Pats.

RB's Losing I feel the best player in the NFL (yes I said it) for this game sucks big time. But #22 is a beast himself. Fred will have to share some carries with Choice who looked good last week. No way Jackson is 100 percent but still will have to be accounted for. Watch the Bills use him in the screen game to limit the pounding. Woodhead, Ridley dont scare me like Richardson did last week. Bills should watch out for the draw game from the Pats.

Edge Bills

WR's Stevie can get open against anybody one on one. Problem is Billicheat will take him out. Jones has played well. TJ Graham made some good plays last week and look for the Bills to throw deep to him this week finally. Him plus Chandler will have to take some pressure off Stevie.

Hernandez is out but they still have Gronk,Welker, Lloyd and Edelman too throw to. Welker burned the Bills here last yr. Expect him to be a big part of the Pats attack this week.

Edge Pats

BillsOL vs Pats DL

Bills have one of the best OLines in the league. Credit Buddy for making this happen. Wood vs. Wilfork is an All-pro matchup. Glenn vs Chandler Jones is a good one as well. Bills not allowed a sack this yr. (I dont count Fitz's fumble last week)

Edge Bills

Pats OL vs Bills DL

I expect Anderson to have a big game. This is the game we got Mario for period. If Kyle and Dareus can get pressure up the middle vs Mankins and Connolly Brady will be seeing some turf. This is a good matchup. I fully expect the Bills to stop the run this week which they have done for most of the yr.

Edge Bills

LB's Barnett has been very solid and is quietly having a fine season so far. Moats is playing better and so is Shep. B.Scott will see alot of playing time this week.

Mayo and Spikes are better vs the run but can be liable to the pass. Hightower is a rookie and plays like it sometimes.

Edge Even

Coverage.

This is a concern for the Bills. A. Williams I thought played well last well but Gilmore is still learning on the job and he will be tested by a crafty vet in Lloyd. You bet Brady is gonna test him and test him often. Think the Pats will go hard after Wilson with the TE's.

On the flip side the Pats are gonna have to double Stevie so somebody will be l one on one. Jones had a good game last yr . McCourty and Arrington wont scare most teams but they will get INT's if they have a chance.

Edge Even

Special Teams

McLovin is playing his butt off on returns and seems to enjoy his role back there. If he continues to do what he is doing the Bills will have the edge in field position. This is huge. If he breaks to the house the Bills chances of winning go way up.

I don't agree with letting Moorman go before this game. Maybe it should have been done during the bye week to get everybody used to each other. This kid Powell better be worth it . Who will hold for Lindell??

Gostkowski is ok but missed under pressure vs AZ. Really the Pats should be 2-1. Dont sleep on Edelman he can bust one also if givin a crease kid is Fast.

Edge Even because of the Moorman release

Coaching. This week this is the key to the game. I thought Chan did a great job last week in adjusting to losing CJ. Think he will have a something up his sleeve for this week as well. Look for the Bills to throw deep this week a few times to loosen things up .

Would like to see them pound the rock and keep Brady off the field as much as possible.

Bellichek will have his team ready to play after losing 2 in a row. I bet we see the Pats go no-huddle to try and wear down the Bills D-lin

Edge Pats.

Prediction

Pats will come out fired up knowing they need this game to get to 2-2. This scares me big time. The Bills have the potential to pressure Brady. I think the Pats will use the Jets game as a model and get the ball out quick and they have the talent to do so.

As much as I want the Bills to win I don't see it without C.J.

With C.J and Fred I think the Bills would win a shootout like last years game at the Ralph. But with Fred not 100 percent and CJ out I don't think the Bills will be able to outscore Brady.

The 12th man is gonna be drunk...err fired up for this one. As a matter of fact the Bills if they win the coin toss I would like to see them take the ball and try to get an early lead. They need to do something positive early to have a chance.

I am picking the Bills to lose this one.

Because I want them to surprise me.

Pats 30 Bills 21

OB's Pats still have Brady but surprisingly Fitz has more TD passes so far. Brady has become a pocket passer . Problem is his line is not what it used to be. Fitz has been mistake free last 2 games and Bills have won both. Will we get Fitzmagic or Fitzpicksix?

The same was true after 3 weeks in 2011. Then the wheels fell off

IF you give both line advantags to the Bills when games are won in the trenches, how do you predict a Puts victory?

Coaching - Belly Ache is slipping - call it even

The same was true after 3 weeks in 2011. Then the wheels fell off

IF you give both line advantags to the Bills when games are won in the trenches, how do you predict a Puts victory?

Coaching - Belly Ache is slipping - call it even

You can still win the defensive line battle but if we cant cover their FOUR good WR's the ball will be out in three step drops and the pass rush doesn't matter much. It's what Rex did against us with an inferior QB and average receivers.

They will run the Chan type spread and we will be in nickel a lot. Our offense needs to show up big time and win time of possession.

Hernandez is out but they still have Gronk,Welker, Lloyd and Edelman too throw to. Welker burned the Bills here last yr. Expect him to be a big part of the Pats attack this week.

Edge Pats

doubt if it tips the advantage, but Edelman is not practicing

Logan Mankins (hip) and Julian Edelman (hand) not spotted at Wednesday shells practice. Joins Francis, Deaderick, Hernandez (also out)

Brady only reason

That's A reason.

It's just like every time I rooted for Peyton Manning and the team lost because the defense sucked.

And if you choose to believe the stats, WHERE IT MATTERS Fitz's & Co numbers are better thanTommy Boys

http://espn.go.com/n...ssingTouchdowns

Passing Touchdowns Leaders

Buff 8 TD's Tied at #1 Putrids 4 Tied at #15

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Looking at the schedule of CBS games, I'm thinking we should get the #1 team of Nantz-Simms. Hope the Pats have to deal with both Fred and CJ this week.

Go Bills!!!

Had to turn down the CBS broadcast and listened to Murph on WGR

About the only time i listen to WGR these days.

Looking at the schedule of CBS games, I'm thinking we should get the #1 team of Nantz-Simms. Hope the Pats have to deal with both Fred and CJ this week.

Go Bills!!!

We got Gumbel/Dierdorf. The Jets/Niners is CBS's national game and they get Nantz/Simms as a result.

GO BILLS!!!

Go Bills!!!

NANTZ sucks .....always about some story or sideline never talks about the game. Simms is solid but he carry's Nance. Dumbdork and Gumbel are among the worst Dumbdork just plain unlistenable and clueless.......his stupid laugh. After listening to Mayock I've since discovered Dierdorf tells me nothing NOTHING about the game - nothing i didnt already know he is embarrassing.

Edited by CardinalScotts

Im going with positive thoughts. Bills 28 Pats 24 Somehow the AFC East gets turned upside down. 3-1 Bills 1-3 Pats. Bills go for the throat and pullout the win. This year has been very interesting, with supposed to be good teams not doing so good "yet". Im hoping the Bills have fooled everyone into thinking CJ Thiller is a no go, but he is ok to get in the mix (doubt it) and that Action Jackson is better then he is telling everyone. That would rock the Ralph and with a win the media will have a field day. LETS GO BUFFALO!! goodtimes

Im going with positive thoughts. Bills 28 Pats 24 Somehow the AFC East gets turned upside down. 3-1 Bills 1-3 Pats. Bills go for the throat and pullout the win. This year has been very interesting, with supposed to be good teams not doing so good "yet". Im hoping the Bills have fooled everyone into thinking CJ Thiller is a no go, but he is ok to get in the mix (doubt it) and that Action Jackson is better then he is telling everyone. That would rock the Ralph and with a win the media will have a field day. LETS GO BUFFALO!! goodtimes

I hope you are 100 percent right.

If Mankins or Edelman can't play, they are in trouble. Mankins has an injured hip and Edelman hurt his hand last week. Neither practiced today. Dareus could have a good day this Sunday with Mankins hurt. The secondary could float more protection toward Welker with Edelman out. This matchup is getting interesting.

If Mankins or Edelman can't play, they are in trouble. Mankins has an injured hip and Edelman hurt his hand last week. Neither practiced today. Dareus could have a good day this Sunday with Mankins hurt. The secondary could float more protection toward Welker with Edelman out. This matchup is getting interesting.

I think Kyle Williams is gonna test how really Mankins is hurt also :D:)

I forgot to mention that McGee is getting better , i see he getting more snaps. I think later in the season he will be a big factor in the secondary.