Interesting OL stats: big boys are rumbling

l< j

I didn't know they kept these kind of stats, and wonder about their validity. But there is no doubt that this team is run blocking well.

According to this, runs behind Cordy Glenn are averaging nearly 9 yards a carry! (Why call any other play?) That is just so cool to read that about a Buffalo Bill after so many years of mediocrity and worse at the OL, esp. LT.

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14320478

kj

Now we need another Glenn on the right side.

According to Joe Bs breakdown Pears isn't doing as well as last year and Hairston is looking worse so it might be time to get Sam Young some reps.

Did you watch this guy during training camp and the pre-season? I'm surprised he made the team.

According to Joe Bs breakdown Pears isn't doing as well as last year and Hairston is looking worse so it might be time to get Sam Young some reps.

I've never been a big Pears fan but I'd give the guy a few more weeks to work his way back after his injury. He really didn't get much preparation before the season started and I'm not sure he was even 100% physically for game 1.

Jut read this from a Boston Globe article . . .

"Cordy Glenn, a second-round pick, has done a surprisingly solid job at left tackle. Left guard Andy Levitre has had some struggles, while center Eric Wood and right guard Kraig Urbik are good. Very good right tackle Erik Pears has had increased playing time after dealing with a groin injury in the preseason."

Really, "left guard Andy Livitre has had some struggles"??? Wow! Do your homework BG writers.

Well, they are both doing average. Which means they are both solid at their jobs. Pears is coming off an injury, so is likely playing his way into form. Urbik just had his best game of the year. Young? Seriously?

"Cordy Glenn, a second-round pick, has done a surprisingly solid job at left tackle. Left guard Andy Levitre has had some struggles, while center Eric Wood and right guard Kraig Urbik are good. Very good right tackle Erik Pears has had increased playing time after dealing with a groin injury in the preseason."

Really, "left guard Andy Livitre has had some struggles"??? Wow! Do your homework BG writers.

Probably going by last year's form, where Levitre DID struggle. However, not at his LG position, where he was very good - only when he was moved around the line was there an issue. So he IS wrong, but I would guess that is where the mistake lies.

Run the damn ball.

In the past 2 years, during the month of September, the Bills are the leader in points scored per game. The Bills also have a 5-1 record during that span, which is tied for best in the NFL with Houston

Fred was cooking, CJ was cooking and even Tashard Choice finished up with 96 rushing yards in 3 QTRS after CJ went down!

Last season after Fred went down it took CJ weeks to get up to speed. By that time the starting center went down and then Fitz got injured.

Fitz was also on and off where he went a game or two w/o and INT then followed it up with a 2 or 3 INT game.

Now with a healthy solid O Line that has allowed only 1 sack so far the Bills need to stick to the plan and

Run the damn ball.

I saw Levitre miss a few blocks in the Chiefs game.

Run the damn ball.

In the past 2 years, during the month of September, the Bills are the leader in points scored per game. The Bills also have a 5-1 record during that span, which is tied for best in the NFL with Houston

Fred was cooking, CJ was cooking and even Tashard Choice finished up with 96 rushing yards in 3 QTRS after CJ went down!

Last season after Fred went down it took CJ weeks to get up to speed. By that time the starting center went down and then Fitz got injured.

Fitz was also on and off where he went a game or two w/o and INT then followed it up with a 2 or 3 INT game.

Now with a healthy solid O Line that has allowed only 1 sack so far the Bills need to stick to the plan and

Run the damn ball.

THIS!!!!

that should be the Buffalo Bills team mantra: RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!

They could be referring to his penalties this year so far. He hasn't been one to get penalized very often up to this point in his career...but may be the most penalized OL on the team thru 3 weeks. Don't hold me to that though, I said MAY. Don't know where to check it.