McKelvin had a good game

aussiebills

If I were his agent I would talk him into signing with any team that will switch him to free safety. He simply can not locate the ball when he has to turn. I don't think this is something that can be fixed with coaching. At safety he never has to turn away from the QB. The action is always in front of him. I really don't think it is his intelligence. He doesn't seem to be out of position. He just can't keep his feet/hands in the right spot with respect to the WR and the ball at the last moment.

He got more than a few snaps on defense tody and not just in the 4th quarter. I thought that was 'odd' because Chan indicated earlier that he probably would just continue on ST.

The int was from being in the right place at the right time. What struck me though was how genuinely happy his teammates were. Yes, it sealed the win, but it was more than that. Wilson most of all was all over McCorner. I think that he and the rest of the defense were very happy to see him come through. Maybe that's because of all his ups and downs.

Maybe because they as players know he has the skills and if he can overcome the mental part he can be a great player. I don't agree that he will ever make it in this league at DB but as above I think he would be crazy good at FS.

The guy is starting to contribute seriously on ST and him playing the dime makes it much harder to target him like the Jets did. McKelvin as a ST ace who can be plugged in on occasion in certain coverage packages might actually have a future on this team. I know its his last year but I can see him resigning here if he continues to return the ball like this.

Although he has the ball skills of Mr. Magoo, I like McKelvin a lot. Lesser men would have hung their heads and sulked after his numerous demotions over the last couple years. Instead McKelvin sucked it up and made himself a great contributor on special teams. That says a lot to me. You need guys like that on your team.

GO BILLS!!!

Other than having the ball thrown to him I don't see how he had a great game...the best thing he did for our team defensively was when he was standing on the sideline.

I'm more talking about his returning skills, he had one kick return back to the 30 (34 yard return). His 2 punt returns averaged 26 with a long of 33.

Confidence is so key with McKelvin. You can see it from the tv. He has a bad play and gets down on himself. That's the exact opposite attitude a corner is suppose to have.

I know he is hated here, but I really like the guy. He has never once pouted after getting benched and is an animal on STs. He brings a great attitude and is one of the best returners in the league. His draft pick is a sunken cost but I'd like to hold on to him if the price is right. A great returner can flip field position and change games. Also, he has the physical talent in the world to be a great corner so you could hope that the light bulb turns on. but there are worse things in the world than having a great returner.