I Like This Guy. NFL Player Drives a 1991 Car

Good stuff right there! Always love to see athletes that stay humble despite the large sums of money they make. That reminds me, wasn't there a player on the Bills that did this a couple years ago?

Stevie did this can't remember how old the car was but it was a rav 4 still has it now too drives it once in a while to the stadium

Good stuff right there! Always love to see athletes that stay humble despite the large sums of money they make. That reminds me, wasn't there a player on the Bills that did this a couple years ago?

I believe that was bryan scott. I remember a kenny mayne piece about him riding his bicycle to work.

Stevie did this can't remember how old the car was but it was a rav 4 still has it now too drives it once in a while to the stadium

I believe that was bryan scott. I remember a kenny mayne piece about him riding his bicycle to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyOGG7TLcEY

Thanks for the help guys. I still want to say it was someone else though that I was thinking of (did not know about Stevie though). Maybe I'm thinking of Dareus? I seem to recall someone driving their grandmothers car to training camp.

Jason Peters had an early 70's Cutlass that he restored/pimped.

Thanks for the help guys. I still want to say it was someone else though that I was thinking of (did not know about Stevie though). Maybe I'm thinking of Dareus? I seem to recall someone driving their grandmothers car to training camp.

Dareus was mowing his neighbros lawns after we drafted him last year.... also RG3 is still driving (rough estimate) 2001 chrysler sebring or something like that haha.... he says he loves the car and its not going anywhere haha

I saw an interview once with Chad Pennington. He was a daily driver in his college car, an Oldsmobile. I think it was a mid to late '80s Cutlass. He had a nickname like "Bessy" or something for it.

It stuck with me because I remember being so surprised that a starting NFL qb (he was with the NYJ at the time) would still drive that piece.

Smart guy! I bet he is investing his money instead of blowing it all.

There was an article on Gronk, "the last happy man" or something like that - said he invests every penny he's making through football, and lives off his appearance fees.

Described him as living in a barely-furnished middle-class condo near the stadium, wearing some of the same clothes he's worn since highschool.

Smart moves for a guy people describe as kind of dumb.

There was an article on Gronk, "the last happy man" or something like that - said he invests every penny he's making through football, and lives off his appearance fees.

Described him as living in a barely-furnished middle-class condo near the stadium, wearing some of the same clothes he's worn since highschool.

Smart moves for a guy people describe as kind of dumb.

... and for someone who had and currently still has injury concerns, to save the money because they don't know how long he'll be playing.

But it's ok, we got Troupe instead.

But I'm not still sore about it... haha.

Smart guy! I bet he is investing his money instead of blowing it all.

Or maybe it was because he was a 6th round draft pick and isn't making a lot of money as the other players, wasn't guaranteed a roster spot, and wasn't sure where he'd be in another 2 or 3 years. He wouldn't be driving that car if he was a top 10 pick.

wow

Edited by DreReed83

• 10 months later...

Getting a 20+ year old car fixed up instead of buying the biggest SUV they can....

Redskins RB Alfred Morris is having his 1991 Mazda 626 refurbished

Despite earning over $700,000 and establishing himself as one of the top running backs in the NFL last season, Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris has no plans to get rid of the 1991 Mazda 626 that he drove from Florida to Virginia for his first NFL training camp last summer. “Actually, Mazda has her," Morris said from Redskins training camp on Thursday. "She’s getting refurb – Mazda is going to make her like new, like she came off the floor on ‘91. They actually just took it, so we’re going to switch cars while they’re doing it. They said it would take about 6–8 weeks to do it, but they’re going to totally refurbish it, so I’m happy about that… They’re just (refurbishing) it so that it can run for about 20 more years."