Patriots add Kellen Winslow

I think the Pats are going to start running 3, 4 or even 5 TE sets. Gronk, Hernandez, Winslow, and Shiancoe on the IR? They keep bringing in TEs. Whats the downside? Does any team have the personnel to handle that type of look? And if they do doesn't that leave them vulnerable to every other conventional offense in the league? Maybe I'm getting carried away, but I think Belichek is looking at the success of Gronk and Graham and the effectiveness of his 2 TE attack and toying with the idea of expanding the role of the TE.

It's gotta be a brilliant, genius move...because the Pats* made it. Until it doesn't pan out, of course...at which point it will be justified as a "there was nothing to lose" acquisition.

I other words, the exact opposite of the Merriman signing where it was always a stupid move because we did it and it was extra dumb when we cut him loose because we invested so much.

It's gotta be a brilliant, genius move...because the Pats* made it. Until it doesn't pan out, of course...at which point it will be justified as a "there was nothing to lose" acquisition.

To an extent you are correct with the sarcasm. I don't like the guy but The hoody knows when to cut bait. quarterbacks, receivers, the list goes on. Then the buyers deal with the MIA's sometimes at a very high price.

I think the Pats are going to start running 3, 4 or even 5 TE sets. Gronk, Hernandez, Winslow, and Shiancoe on the IR? They keep bringing in TEs. Whats the downside? Does any team have the personnel to handle that type of look? And if they do doesn't that leave them vulnerable to every other conventional offense in the league? Maybe I'm getting carried away, but I think Belichek is looking at the success of Gronk and Graham and the effectiveness of his 2 TE attack and toying with the idea of expanding the role of the TE.

He is a genius that has been a Hatter too long and gone mad then.

It would be an interesting experiment a but a Fantastical stretch for a Head coach of Bill's history. But the game has trends.

I still have no issue that we did not consider Shiancoe and Winslow seriously. We are developing another TE on the practice squad i believe? And if Dickerson works out...

Edited by 3rdand12

I other words, the exact opposite of the Merriman signing where it was always a stupid move because we did it and it was extra dumb when we cut him loose because we invested so much.

BINGO. You cant please fans.

Edited by gjnoronh

You think there will be time when there's 5 TE's on the field for them?