Chan and the running game

Pirate Angel

After the mess last week he certainly wasnt out coached this week. It must have killed him but he did the appropriate thing and kept the ball out of Fitz's hand, Using differant formations to get the ball in CJ's hand.

I like Fitz and knew he wasnt good but I never thought he would be this bad. Watching Pittsbuirg play the Jets right now, the Jets are creating all kinds of havoc in the backfield and Roethlisburger is still moving around making plays, while our oline gave fitz good protection he still couldnt make anything happen, and it might have been the worst QB presense ive seen since Losman it would have better to take a sack or throw it away, although he wasnt as horrible against the Chiefs he was still pretty bad despite his stats, he cannot hit a player in stride.

Our oline has looked good our running game is great, our defense is stout and will be better when we get threw some growing pains. How much is Fitz holding us back from being a really competive team?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks to me like fitz has lost a bit of his mojo. he's just not playing the game like he was last year, he looks like he is preoccupied, or trying to overthink something. he just looks uncomfortable out there right now. i think if they can rattle off a couple wins and he gains some confidence he'll be fine.

I think him changing his mechanics is making him feel a little bit awkward. Whether or not he gets used to them is the question.

And I still think Chan should have called more play action. I only remember 2 or 3 PA's today.

agreed. if spiller is going to be shredding defenses like that, go for the throat with the play action. if the defense bites, then it's just catch and throw!

Please. It's not like Gailey called the greatest game today. Some of those play calls were headscratchers to myself and the announcers. Dickerson coming out of the backfield... Wildcat w/Brad Smith inside the 20... Just weird, weird, s#!t. But hey, we won! it was at home against a horrible team, but I'll certainly take it.

Edited by #34fan

it looks to me like fitz has lost a bit of his mojo. he's just not playing the game like he was last year, he looks like he is preoccupied, or trying to overthink something. he just looks uncomfortable out there right now. i think if they can rattle off a couple wins and he gains some confidence he'll be fine.

I agree, before the big contract/ribs/o-line injuries or whatever the hell we want to blame his decline on, Fitz was having fun playing football.

He does seem like he's over thinking it a little. I like that he ran the ball today, it seemed to wake him up a little.

Please. It's not like Gailey called the greatest game today. Some of those play calls were headscratchers to myself and the announcers. Dickerson coming out of the backfield... Wildcat w/Brad Smith inside the 20... Just weird, weird, s#!t. But hey, we won! it was at home against a horrible team, but I'll certainly take it.

there were definately some strange calls in the game and perhaps he just wanted to test them out in a game setting. and since we were definately in control he felt then was the time to do it. and i don't really care where or who we played, i'll not appologize to anyone for a win.

His strengths are reading defenses and making adjustments at the line, im thinking defenses have adjusted and arent showing blitzes and certain alignements before the snap and making him make reads more during the play and eliminating probably his only stength.

I agree. His body language does not seem like someone who is very confident in what he is doing. He always seems to be pre-occupied and not very sure that he is going to be able to do what he is supposed to do.

Fitz wasn't good.

But he did make some good throws and reads when he had to. The first TD pass to Chandler was as awesome a throw as you can make--zipped in a zone between 4 defenders.

Let's hope he snaps out of his funk and plays with more consistency.

He didn't throw it much so, yah, Fitz did OK... It seems he was able to control his natural urge to throw picks today. I was truly impressed with Spill. I thought Gailey used him a bit too much, but he sure looked good today. Ideally, I'd like it if he was rotated with Choice, a little more 'til Freddy gets back.

TACKLE, BLOCK, -POUND THE ROCK!!!! Gooooooo Bills!!!