Cutler

Kaz

As sad as his performance was, he is still better than Fitz by a mile.

His O line wasn't doing him any favors last night.. my god that was awful.

Thats exactly right!

I think it was more of a bad game plan and poor protection then Cutlers faults. I highly doubt Brees, Brady or Rodgers could have done any better behind that line and with Clay Matthews rushing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cutler has an amazing physical skill set, namely a big-time arm (so did Jeff George, by the way). But, between the ears is where he's off the track. Agree his line has been bad. But, for instance, the pick he threw late in the first half was not a result of pass rush, but just an awful decision. He makes a lot of awful decisions (both on the field and on the sidelines). Woodson's postgame comment alluding to Cutler's reputation isn't a throw-away.

Cutler has played awful against green bay. green bay has a great pass rush. a great pass rush makes a qb make bad choices, even on the few plays it doesnt get to him.

they showed his stats vs green bay specifically (ie woodsons comment) and he was like 1-7 record (dont remember the exact number of games but it was 1-??) with 2 picks for every td (dont have the exact numbers again, something like 8tds and 17 picks? i just noted the ratio) and a million sacks.

the team has his number right now. that doesnt mean thats typical of his week in and week out play.

Edited by NoSaint

Well that is just like your opinion Man. I can't argue with you, if you read the whole post you can see all of the logical reasons I am defending Cutler. Don't like his personality cool. The guy can play some foooseball. Trade him for Fitz and Buffalo is perenial playoff team as we actually do give the qb time to make decisions.

Why is Buffalo a playoff team with Cutler? He has made the playoffs once in his career! He didn't have a winning season in college! Football is the ultimate team game but if Cutler is as good as you think he is, then I would expect a little more won't you?

Physically, there's no comparison between Fitz and Cutler. Cutler is a far superior QB. But you seem blinded by that phyiscal ability. Cutler is a lot closer to Fitz than he is to Rodgers. He also has the benefit of one of the best defenses and STs in the game. Also, I would bet he's not he most popular guy in that lockerroom. I love that Woodson called him out after that game. Next to Vick, he's the QB I'd least want to have on the Bills.

Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees wouldn't (and haven't) scream at a player and shove him out of the way like Cutler did. You aren't a good leader because you scream at someone out of frustration. And, even if they did , those guys all have Super Bowl rings and tons of personal achievements to back up their bark. What does Cutler have?

I guess I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how or why Cutler is head and shoulders better than Fitz. Aside from ESPN hype and perception and how far he can throw a football.

For your viewing pleasure of Peyton Manning chewing out Jeff Saturday.

My favorite memory of Cutler is Rivers talking so much crap to him that Cutler almost looked like he was going to cry a few years back. The cameras were zeroed in on the two and Rivers just wouldn't let up. It really was a thing of beauty.

Cutler has played awful against green bay. green bay has a great pass rush. a great pass rush makes a qb make bad choices, even on the few plays it doesnt get to him.

they showed his stats vs green bay specifically (ie woodsons comment) and he was like 1-7 record (dont remember the exact number of games but it was 1-??) with 2 picks for every td (dont have the exact numbers again, something like 8tds and 17 picks? i just noted the ratio) and a million sacks.

the team has his number right now. that doesnt mean thats typical of his week in and week out play.

From what you've told me, the moral of the story is: Cutler can't beat the Packers. That's kind of a big deal for guy who plays QB for Green Bay's biggest rival. Not very good resume material.

But, the vibe I'm getting from this post is that all of Cutler's sins are forgiven and none of his INT numbers are really legit because he gets pressured every down.

Got it!

Your last point is spot on. There are about 5-7 clubs who are set at QB, 5-7 clubs who hope they are set at QB and will soon be able to prove it, and the rest have ups-and-downs.

So after 20+ years of krap QB's in Buffalo. This should somehow make us feel better with a back up, playing like a sub-par backup?

For your viewing pleasure of Peyton Manning chewing out Jeff Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw

Yup, great. Manning, a sure-fire HOF quarterback with two Super Bowl appearances and one championship ring. I guess you missed the part where I said those type of players have at least a sliver of justification for acting out of frustration. Cutler isn't on the level where he can treat people like garbage and have it go down the drain the next day. And don't even compare the type of leader and teammate Peyton Manning is to Cutler. That's not a battle you will win.

Why is Buffalo a playoff team with Cutler? He has made the playoffs once in his career! He didn't have a winning season in college! Football is the ultimate team game but if Cutler is as good as you think he is, then I would expect a little more won't you?

Physically, there's no comparison between Fitz and Cutler. Cutler is a far superior QB. But you seem blinded by that phyiscal ability. Cutler is a lot closer to Fitz than he is to Rodgers. He also has the benefit of one of the best defenses and STs in the game. Also, I would bet he's not he most popular guy in that lockerroom. I love that Woodson called him out after that game. Next to Vick, he's the QB I'd least want to have on the Bills.

agree with ya on Vick.....Cutlers story will be written over the next few years.....we can chat it up when its all said and done.....IMO he will get it done eventually.........Fitz never will so I don't put them in the same class. This is my take.

Yup, great. Manning, a sure-fire HOF quarterback with two Super Bowl appearances and one championship ring. I guess you missed the part where I said those type of players have at least a sliver of justification for acting out of frustration. Cutler isn't on the level where he can treat people like garbage and have it go down the drain the next day. And don't even compare the type of leader and teammate Peyton Manning is to Cutler. That's not a battle you will win.

Geez Kaz, you really don't like this guy do you? Haaaaaaa

You missed your own part when you said "wouldn't (and haven't)". Absolutes shouldn't be used in arguments.

So after 20+ years of krap QB's in Buffalo. This should somehow make us feel better with a back up, playing like a sub-par backup?

What year do you think Jim Kelly retired, guy??

Secondly, the point of the post was not to excuse Fitzpatrick or make a comparison to Cutler. It's to jar people out of this whiny mindset that we're the only team in the league that doesn't have Joe Montana at quarterback. And, that even teams who think they have a "franchise" guy under center have to suffer through terrible performances from that player.

:nana:

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. I really don't think the guy is a bad QB, I really don't. But I think he gets elevated to loftier heights by some folks based upon some fantasy aura that is attached to his name.

You missed your own part when you said "wouldn't (and haven't)". Absolutes shouldn't be used in arguments.

Well, I guess you get a gold star for reading comprehension. So what does this prove about Jay Cutler again?

After reading many posts in this thread there is some things that most of you just don't get.

Fitz's receivers besides SJ are crap, and have been crap! There is basically nobody after Stevie Johnson and he drops a ton of balls every year, plus SJ is currently not 100% healthy. The Jets DB's knew what passes Fitz was going to throw and they ran the routes better then the bills receivers. The very best DB in the game was covering SJ,and it showed Sunday. The Bills receivers were covered like a blanket and conversely the Jets receivers were wide open most of the game.

Big mouth Rex and his staff outcoached the Bills coaches big time, Bills players looked very unprepared in almost every aspect. The Bears just had the wrong game plan against the Packers, and their O line blocking schemes stink.

The biggest difference between the Bears and the Bills is that the Bears defense has been much much better then anything the Bills have fielded for years. Both teams have poor O lines, both teams have sub par receiver corps with one top WR.

By comparing Fitz to Cutler I'd take Fitz simply because in the past he has been able to do more with less. Fitz gets the ball out to the open receiver in usually 2-3 seconds which neutralizes the pass rush against him. Plus Fitz can read a defense and set his protections better. Cutler has had better teams and coaches around him his entire NFL career is why he has accomplished more so far.

agree with ya on Vick.....Cutlers story will be written over the next few years.....we can chat it up when its all said and done.....IMO he will get it done eventually.........Fitz never will so I don't put them in the same class. This is my take.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I think you are sucked in by his big arm. He is not a leader, makes a ton of bad decisions, and hasn't shown to be clutch. He is the 3rd best QB in his own division.

The difference between him and Fitz isn't that far. And for Cutler, that is pathetic because he was blessed with a lot more physical ability than RF.

[/size]

This is a BOLD statement sir....

fine you guys are right Cutlers all hype, he is terrible......it might be condusive to watch the game and see how he had no shot of anything due to OL play.

Can't disagree more.......

THIS^^^^^

Homers will go to all ends to try and validate Fitz and his continuous struggles. This thread isnt about Cutler, its about making an excuse for Fitz to say, hey look, he's not so bad. First off, Cutler has led teams to the playoffs, has a winning record, thrown quite a few more TD's than INT's, spent the last 3 years on a team with NO WR's, watched his team dump his best recieving weapon in Olsen, has had zero protection behind that line, and yet still plays at a high level. Is he as good as Rodgers, Brady, or Brees...of course not, but few in the NFL's history are. This kid is hands down a substantially better QB than Fitz. More importantly, Cutler has proven he can play at a high level where Fitz has only proven he is the most inconsistent QB in the NFL right now and doesn't have the arm strength to play the gunslinger roll.

See some people saying he doesn't have it upstairs and makes poor decisions...well guess who makes way more poor decisions on the field...FITZ. Fitz constantly chooses to deliver the ball late, throw to guys no where near open while ignoring better options, etc etc.

I would take Cutler every day and twice on Sundays over Fitz and I don't even like Cutler. No one was saying anything about Cutler last week when he was pretty good in leading Chicago to the win. He has been a substantial upgrade over Orton, the Bears issues have not been QB related, they have been pass protection and lack of talent at WR. They addressed the WR position this year, but the line is one of the worst in football at pass protection still, and no QB is going to avoid struggles when the defense is able to get your hands on you or collapse the pocket before you even complete your drop back.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I think you are sucked in by his big arm. He is not a leader, makes a ton of bad decisions, and hasn't shown to be clutch. He is the 3rd best QB in his own division.

The difference between him and Fitz isn't that far. And for Cutler, that is pathetic because he was blessed with a lot more physical ability than RF.

The difference between Cutler and Fitz is very significant, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. A career average of 7.3 yards for Cutler (borderline franchise QB territory), and a career average of 6.3 yards per attempt for Fitz (backup QB/out of the leage territory). During the last two seasons Fitz averaged 6.8 and 6.7 yards per attempt; thereby eliminating about half the gap between himself and Cutler. But even half of that gap is still very significant.

What year do you think Jim Kelly retired, guy??

Secondly, the point of the post was not to excuse Fitzpatrick or make a comparison to Cutler. It's to jar people out of this whiny mindset that we're the only team in the league that doesn't have Joe Montana at quarterback. And, that even teams who think they have a "franchise" guy under center have to suffer through terrible performances from that player.

:nana:

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. I really don't think the guy is a bad QB, I really don't. But I think he gets elevated to loftier heights by some folks based upon some fantasy aura that is attached to his name.

Well, I guess you get a gold star for reading comprehension. So what does this prove about Jay Cutler again?

Nothing. Like I said in my post. The video was for your viewing pleasure. The players are competitive and they want to win. Out bursts are bound to happen to even the greats of Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady.

[/size]

This is a BOLD statement sir....

fine you guys are right Cutlers all hype, he is terrible......it might be condusive to watch the game and see how he had no shot of anything due to OL play.

Can't disagree more.......

I never said Fitz was better, just said I would rather have him.

I remember when they played the Bills in Toronto, I heard Cutler walking off the field bashing Canada. Something like, "let's get the hell out of this POS country". I just don't like his attitude on or off the field. He does remind me a lot of Jeff George. Unfortunately I liked both their arms, just not their attitudes.

Guess I'm just a little old school like that, I know winning is important, but I just can't deal with that tude'.

From what you've told me, the moral of the story is: Cutler can't beat the Packers. That's kind of a big deal for guy who plays QB for Green Bay's biggest rival. Not very good resume material.

But, the vibe I'm getting from this post is that all of Cutler's sins are forgiven and none of his INT numbers are really legit because he gets pressured every down.

Got it!

Yes and no.

Is it major that he cant beat his biggest rival? Hell yea.

Is it worth noting that its because he get pummeled when he plays them? Yes.

Is it worth noting that that Woodson has seen far below average play from him when putting his quote in context? Yup.

Is it blindly excused? not at all.