music city mistake poll

on my blog i've had written an article about the music city mistake...  

113 members have voted

1. 1. After all those years what do you think?

• Whatever they may all say It was a forward pass period.
    • It was a lateral/backward pass.They deserved to win.
    • We were cursed anyway, Flutie 'd have won the game by three TDs
    • We were cursed anyway, Flutie 'd have won the next three Superbowls by himself.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I think they could have called it either way. And, if replay had existed, I don't think it would have overturned the call on the field. It was just that close.

The point is that the play "looked" like a forward pass and should have been called as such on the field.

It would not have been reversed.

However, since the refs blew the call on the field, there was no way it was going to be reversed.

There were hundreds of Titan fans on the field during the review - the refs would not have made it out of that stadium in one piece.

I wuz there, in a sky box. I couldn't f'n believe that the special teams didn't stay in their lanes. The play was close, My seat was at the Bills 20, and it looked forward to me, but replays tell me that it was SO close even a replay official wouldn't have overturned, (or they would have had to have been airlifted out of the stadium). Not sure why they didn't try to kick it out of bounds or some safe play to prevent a return....