Joe B's Line Breakdown

Heitz

I didn't see a thread on this, but Joe Buscaglia did a nice little breakdown of each player on both lines. Apparently it's going to be a weekly feature and right now he's working on the LB, TE and RB's.

http://wgr550.com/Buscaglia-Upon-Further-Review-Bills-OL-DL/14203249

At any rate, bummer (though not a shocker) to see that Mario grades out as the worst line player.

Thoughts?

Like I said in another thread, you have to take these "grades" with a grain of salt. They aren't made in context that coaches make them. I'm not saying he's wrong, necessarily, but he doesn't have all the information available. That said, I'd have a hard time thinking that the coaches didn't agree that Mario sucked.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I read the article & appreciate it. What puzzles me though is that in addition to the +/- play count he tabulates, he also gives a letter grade and the grades don't directly correlate w/ the +/-. Wonder how he derived those or if they're just arbitrary.

For Mario, one tackle after playing 91% of the game snaps. Ouch.

I'm curious as to why Mark Anderson only played 50% of the snaps. Isn't he allegedly our second best pass rusher?

Ridiculous. I'm almost at a point where I believe the Bills are cursed man. I Mean this is getting beyond Ridiculous. Is Buddy and Chan completely clueless? Idk. They seemed to do well outside of Buffalo. I don't know anymore. Call me frustrated right now. If we can't Beat KC 41-7 again, then I think it's gonna be another horrible season...

For Mario, one tackle after playing 91% of the game snaps. Ouch.

I'm curious as to why Mark Anderson only played 50% of the snaps. Isn't he allegedly our second best pass rusher?

Well, the Jets ran the ball 36 times to 27 passes… so there's that.

Like I said in another thread, you have to take these "grades" with a grain of salt. They aren't made in context that coaches make them. I'm not saying he's wrong, necessarily, but he doesn't have all the information available. That said, I'd have a hard time thinking that the coaches didn't agree that Mario sucked.

GO BILLS!!!

Absolutely.

There are many factors which may make individual linemen look bad on any given play. To the untrained eye, valid evaluations can be made on some plays but not on all plays. Certainly it's hard to evaluate O-line play when the quarterback play is poor, for instance.