GR55 rant of the day

Buftex

So, after yesterdays miserable loss, the last thing I want to hear about is the Buffalo Bills. I turn them on, to listen to their Hockey show, and all they are talking about is the friggin' pukey Bills loss...do the people who run this station have a clue? I want to hear about the NHL CBA, Shane Doan, the World Juniours...anything but the Bills... :wallbash:

:w00t::rolleyes:

The bigger fail is that there was NO post game show available if you could not hear them on local radio. They did not stream the post game on their website or the WGR App. The post game also contained no post game press conferences or reports from the stadium. All we got was a 2 hour whiner line.

This really sucks. No true post game show.

And by the way WGR on twitter or facebook refuses to post a single message explaining the lack of streaming yesterday.

I spoke with them today..... It's an NFL rule that they cannot steam to mobile devices such as a phone or tablet however since they are the flagship station of the Bills the are permitted to carry the audio on their website. So basically instead of using an app, pull up the website on your phone and it should work....

And by the way WGR on twitter or facebook refuses to post a single message explaining the lack of streaming yesterday.

Glad you mentioned this so I know it wasn't just me.

I gave up on the Bills game after Stevie's TD to drive to the bar for the GB/SF game and on the way couldn't get any of the three phone apps I could use for streaming WGR to work. All of them just had dead air even though it seemed to be streaming.

I spoke with them today..... It's an NFL rule that they cannot steam to mobile devices such as a phone or tablet however since they are the flagship station of the Bills the are permitted to carry the audio on their website. So basically instead of using an app, pull up the website on your phone and it should work....

Is that regular season only? I definitely used the Buffalo Bills app to listen to a couple of the preseason games earlier this year.

Edited by Metal Man

Glad you mentioned this so I know it wasn't just me.

I gave up on the Bills game after Stevie's TD to drive to the bar for the GB/SF game and on the way couldn't get any of the three phone apps I could use for streaming WGR to work. All of them just had dead air even though it seemed to be streaming.

Is that regular season only? I definitely used the Buffalo Bills app to listen to a couple of the preseason games earlier this year.

Not sure about the pre-season, I used it as well. Funny thing is the way he made it sound is they actually have to turn off the feed so "someone" may forget in the future and it will still be available...lol......although big fine if they get caught.....

Not sure about the pre-season, I used it as well. Funny thing is the way he made it sound is they actually have to turn off the feed so "someone" may forget in the future and it will still be available...lol......although big fine if they get caught.....

All of these broadcast rules seem bloated and ridiculous to me. You'd think the NFL would be happy for anyone wanting their product and it's not like you could skip the advertising with the streaming apps.

A couple seasons about I was using a radio app to listen to the 97 rock broadcast of the games so maybe the rule changed recently or they have been cracking down.

Well the NFL now SELLS for $30 per year a package where you can mobile stream NFL games on your portable devices, so I'm sure there is a connection there. There is however no excuse for not streaming the post game show and for the post game show not having any press conferences or "at the stadium" interviews.

Except it doesnt work......

You could not get the post game show by going on a computer and hitting the listen live button at the WGR website....it was just dead air

"Flagship station"?????

Sorry-- forgot to mention, he said that they did have some tech difficulties at 4 for the post game... that is allowed and should be streamed going forward unless someone forgets to turn the stream back on....... It has probably been a rule for sometime now but since WGR just got the Bills back their attorneys vetted the contract pretty diligently and made it clear that it cannot be steamed without penalty....

Hitting "Listen" from the website on my phone (iPhone) brings up the streaming player, which ends up playing dead air. I tried this during the preseason.

The thing that suck is that I can not watch my flat screen and have an AM radio on a the same time, way too much interference on the radio. Its horrible that they do not have an FM simulcast.