Bills shredded on national and out of town radio

zow2

Long drive early this morning and listened to Mike n mike and some of the local shows in DC, PHI, NY. So depressing to hear them harp on what a waste Mario Wiliams' contract is and how awful the Bills defense is in general.

Also, every show independently brought up Fitz's contract extension and how bad he is. They were literally making fun of Fitz and said it's a nice story (the Harvard QB) but in reality he's a mistake prone backup level QB.

I'm still baffled this morning at the lack of physicality by the Bills D yesterday. The Jets tried to punish every Bills ball carrier and QB. Buf was so passive. Unreal.

Oh by the way, the Reskins came to Toronto last year with REx and Beck, two awful QBs. Now they have RG3 and Kirk Cousins was the backup yesterday. Yep, they deactivated Grossman and now they have two rookies at QB who are better than anything we have. Now i'm really depressed.

I agree w PTR- the media - espn nfl etc were all saying how great our D was going to be and how great the Mario signing was and now they feel like idiots. It was one game. I was there I saw the ugliness first hand and granted Mario did nothing against a UDFA rookie but Im not ready to call his signing a "bust" yet. And even if he ends up doing nothing I dont fault the front office for signing him. We had no pass rush. They go out and sign the absolute best pass rusher available. If we hadnt signed him we'd all be complaining that the Bills are cheap and didnt sign the guy we needed. As far as Fitz goes....I want to like him but if he keeps playing like he has the last 9 games (not counting preseason) we arent going to win many games with him behind the center......

Buffalo is cursed. We are the only city that signs good players who turn to crap. And when we cut them they play good elsewhere.

PTR

It starts at the top. We hire bad FO people, those people hire bad coaching staff, including bad talent advisers, and then we sign players who don't give a damn about the team or the city and just want a paycheck.

It starts at the top. We hire bad FO people, those people hire bad coaching staff, including bad talent advisers, and then we sign players who don't give a damn about the team or the city and just want a paycheck.

And it starts with a Non Football guy for a CEO.

Maybe, but how is it we sign the player considered to be the best at his position and he turns to crap? Tell me you thought Mario would suck when we signed him?

PTR

And it starts with a Non Football guy for a CEO.

Stupid comment. All teams have "non football guys" running the non football stuff. Nix is in charge of football stuff and has been for 3 years.

Buffalo is cursed. We are the only city that signs good players who turn to crap. And when we cut them they play good elsewhere.

PTR

Also, when we extend players and/or coaches contracts they turn to crap or get injured... only in BLo does this happen with regularity.

Also, when we extend players and/or coaches contracts they turn to crap or get injured... only in BLo does this happen with regularity.

And yet we all piss & moan Ralph is cheap and how we have to sign everybody. Even Jerry Sullivan proclaimed the Bills owed Fitz a new contract, not that he'd admit now.

Face it, we all agreed with the moves

Maybe, but how is it we sign the player considered to be the best at his position and he turns to crap? Tell me you thought Mario would suck when we signed him?

PTR

Stupid comment. All teams have "non football guys" running the non football stuff. Nix is in charge of football stuff and has been for 3 years.

wait- i thought the 2010 draft wasn't his fault?

PTR

Houston let him walk and got nothing for him! The Bills were offered 2 first rounders by Denver for Bruce Smith and kept him.

Buddy Nix probably figured if I get the defense the BPA in free agency the defense should improve. He must have thought the same thing about the 1st pick being for a DB.... who looked lost out on the field Sunday.

When i see players players like all pro Kyle Williams playing below the level I've seen them play in the past. I can only think its bad coaching

To me, there are really two problems with this team and they are not small ones. Chan Gailey has proven over and over that he has no idea how to get a team prepared to win a football game. He is constantly shown up within the division. Second problem is the QB. I'm sure Fitz is a great guy. He is not a good QB however and is not capable of consistently winning football games. As long as we have this combination at the heart of our football team, we are headed for failure. This is a good team, it has lots of talent. It is poorly coached and too mistake prone. What we saw yesterday was very consistent with what we have seen the past two years with Fitz at the helm and Chan as Head Coach. It was not even a surprise to me. It looks like the same team we had last year.