Dave Wannstedt 2012-2013 Thread

I sure hope Buddy Nix makes good use of his foot at some point this season. Two years of George Edwards and now the Bills spend 100 million dollars on a DE, get Kyle Williams back healthy and the defense got worse?

The offense wasn't ready, the defense looked abysmal. The coaches have no excuse

Edited by Fear the Beard

No. You treat it an absolute. My statement is not interpreted as such an extreme which you interpret it to be. .

Sigh. I took your statement to the extreme because you said he was "[edit] simply only promoted for his past experience". If that was truly the only reason, [edit] or just as concerning if it was done because it was the simple thing to do, then it is an asinine reason and would illuminate incompetence of the management that made such a gutless decision. Capisce? You compounded this by suggesting that most hiring decisions are done based simply on checking the checkboxes against a resume, which I can tell you first hand is nonsense. And, yes, it just so happens I do not take everything football coaches say in a press conference as the complete truth. I understand and appreciate that there is gamesmanship and other factors involved.

I was kind of worried about Wanny before the start of the season. Against the Jets, there was no pass rush, the secondary looked absolutely lost, and our corners were exposed on every passing play. Didn't matter whether it was a short pass or a long pass, there was no coverage. Really poor start and makes me wonder if Wanny knows what he is doing. The defensive game plan was non-existent. Overall, one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Bills defense.

Terrible effort today. Poor scheming, poor performances across the board. Especially miffed at the lackadaisical play of Mario Williams. He could not have looked more disinterested if he tried. Terrible effort.

GO BILLS!!!

I was kind of worried about Wanny before the start of the season. Against the Jets, there was no pass rush, the secondary looked absolutely lost, and our corners were exposed on every passing play. Didn't matter whether it was a short pass or a long pass, there was no coverage. Really poor start and makes me wonder if Wanny knows what he is doing. The defensive game plan was non-existent. Overall, one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Bills defense.

During the game I thought the same thing. I said to myself "this might be even worse than the worst we saw with a George Edwards coached defense".

Sigh. I took your statement to the extreme because you said he was "only promoted for his past experience". If that was truly the only reason, then it is an asinine reason and would illuminate incompetence of the management that made such a gutless decision. Capisce? You compounded this by suggesting that most hiring decisions are done based simply on checking the checkboxes against a resume, which I can tell you first hand is nonsense. And, yes, it just so happens I do not take everything football coaches say in a press conference as the complete truth. I understand and appreciate that there is gamesmanship and other factors involved.

Re-read my statement. Wansteedt WAS hired because of his past experience as a defensive coordinator. This is just fact and irefutable. And don't confuse the word USUALLY with THE ONLY REASON (which are the words you made up). Basic english class tells us they have two different meanings.

Re-read this carefully below!

Gailey said flat out it was George Edwards scheme, Wansteedt being involved with the LB's. Whether you believe him or not, I don't really care. Wannstedt was promoted simply because of his past experience (this is a factual statement). Usually the reason why people get jobs or even promotions.

Now where did I say the only reason. Stop twisting things to the extreme and putting words in my mouth.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I sure hope Buddy Nix makes good use of his foot at some point this season. Two years of George Edwards and now the Bills spend 100 million dollars on a DE, get Kyle Williams back healthy and the defense got worse?

The offense wasn't ready, the defense looked abysmal. The coaches have no excuse

Don't worry

Chan is just in pre-season mode because the batteries in his calendar died

Everyone knows that pre-season does not matter

With some new batteries, Chan will quickly flip the switch and actually prepare the team for the regular season.

(Hopefully, the batteries are not on back order.)

During the game I thought the same thing. I said to myself "this might be even worse than the worst we saw with a George Edwards coached defense".

Re-read my statement. Wansteedt WAS hired because of his past experience as a defensive coordinator. This is just fact and irefutable. And don't confuse the word USUALLY with THE ONLY REASON (which are the words you made up). Basic english class tells us they have two different meanings.

Gailey said flat out it was George Edwards scheme, Wansteedt being involved with the LB's. Whether you believe him or not, I don't really care. Wannstedt was promoted simply because of his past experience (this is a factual statement). Usually the reason why people get jobs or even promotions.

Now where did I say the only reason. Stop twisting things to the extreme and putting words in my mouth.

Wannstadt was hired because he is buds with Chan Gailey

Fortunately he had some experience as an NFL coach, which was a big step up from most of Chan's other hires

too bad, Dave has not coached a successful defense in the NFL in a very long time

Look, no need to be assholic.

"Wannstedt was promoted simply because of his past experience" You say that you did not mean that Wannstedt was only promoted for his past experience and that I made that up, but you did say he was simply promoted because of his past experience. And then you presume to lecture about who doesn't understand English? Interesting.

By the way, yes, I agree they do not mean precisely the same thing. There is a subtle difference in nuance. Not that it really changes the meaning dramatically.

Look, no need to be assholic.

"Wannstedt was promoted simply because of his past experience" You say that you did not mean that Wannstedt was only promoted for his past experience and that I made that up, but you did say he was simply promoted because of his past experience. And then you presume to lecture about who doesn't understand English? Interesting.

By the way, yes, I agree they do not mean precisely the same thing. There is a subtle difference in nuance. Not that it really changes the meaning dramatically.

Basically what you did was take something out of context, wannsteedt and the fact he was hired because of experience and took that and made a rediculous extreme general statement on it as your point of contention. Remember the "general stance" I took was USUALLY AND NOT THE ONLY REASON (what YOU made up) . Do you see what you did there? This is the kind of tricky stuff the media does. Taking stuff out of context and twisting things.

Is this too hard for you to understand?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Basically what you did was take something out of context, wannsteedt and the fact he was hired because of experience and took that and made a rediculous extreme general statement on it as your point of contention. Remember the "general stance" I took was USUALLY AND NOT THE ONLY REASON (what YOU made up) . Do you see what you did there? This is the kind of tricky stuff the media does. Taking stuff out of context and twisting things.

Is this too hard for you to understand?

You need to start advancing your thread per the topic of your discussion and stop digging this hole.

I know and already said I was taking your statement to an extreme. It is because I found several of your statements to be ignorant.

[Edit] What it really comes down to here is making the right decisions. The Bills have not shown much of that in recent memory. Making the right decisions is not the same as making the simple decision.