Bills vs Jets preview

Bufcomments

Man, I would love for this to happen. I personally don't think it will, but that would be a great start.

To me, it comes to a few matchups:

Jets O-line vs Bills D-Line

I think the Bills have the edge here. What matters, is exactly how much they do. Since the O-line is essential to the run game and any passes longer than a quick dump or screen. The Jets have not had a lot of success there this preseason. They've made some personnel adjustments in the final weeks, so I can't say for sure, but from Weeks 1-3, I can see them getting eaten alive by Mario, Dareus, Kyle and Anderson.

Shonn Greene is a good running back, but not an elite one IMHO. If we shut down the line, his usefulness to the run game will be minimal

In the passing game if the Bills can generate pressure on Sanchez/Tebow with just four guys, this opens up a lot of opportunities. After that, they'll need to watch for TE's, which would match against our nickel LB Scott and CB McKelvin.

The two typical ways to counteract a pass rush are Max Protect schemes and the spread offense. Max Protection means maybe three recievers, matched up against potentially 7 defenders. Big Ben could beat it, with an elite arm and high powered receivers. Sanchez has neither. Tebow is a worse passer. If they have solid tight ends, they may try the spread but again, it doesn't play to their QB's strengths.

Bills TE's and WR against Jet's Secondary

There is no denying that the Jets Secondary is strong. They have an elite CB in Revis, a very good one in Cromartie, and a very strong safety combo with Landry and Bell. While Stevie Johnson has historically had success against Revis if he does well the Jets will double team him if there is no other threat. I am willing to bet that the Bills will play many 4 WR sets, or maybe some 2 TE if they use Dickerson that way. I honestly don't expect Donald Jones to win many matchups, so I will be looking more at how Nelson, Graham, Chandler and Dickerson do. If they can open up the Jets, the Bills offense can give a reason not to have 8 men in the box.

Their whole D is strong that is why I predicted a low scoring game, both offenses will struggle.

D. Jones might have the edge in the running game vs Cromartie so I bet the Bills will try to run wide to his side and it might even work.

I think the difference will be our unning game. I expect Jackson to be a beast, supprlemented by Spiller. We didn't seem much during the preseason and I can see us using two tight ends from time to time to supplement the running game. Stevie will be tied up with Revis throughout the game, so I see a lot of short to medium range passes. I think the Bills win 24-17

Buffalo 21

Jets 10

Bills offense scores twice, Bills D scores a TD or gets a turnover deep in Jets territory that the Bills cash in on. Bills play super conservative ground and pound to keep from turning over the ball. Jets score 10 but its a closer game than the score indicates. I could easily see it being a blowout but I think the Jets D keeps them in the game.

Remember how bad Chiefs looked last preseason? They couldnt get out of their own way and were favored to beat us because it was at home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78GT-Cerg2o

Im predicting a ugly blowout. This game will be over by halftime

Yikes that was post 6,666. :devil:

I agree. Maybe not an ugly blowout. But easy win for sure. 35-12

Staying true to my original prediction: Slow start, fast finish (to the playoffs).

The NJ team: 23

The only NY team: 21

Jets are better than they're given credit for. We will, however, obliterate them the second time around.

Not according to most nfl reporters. More nfl reporters have them 3rd in afc east vs us being 3rd in afc east.

They have a trouble scoring vs a dominant dline with much depth. We dont even have to play perfect to win this game. Easy win.

Sticking with my original prediction.

Jets 17

Bills 7

I think our offense really struggles in this game to gain any traction. We will get better though.

The score will not be that low. But if it is, it would be the other way.

Our oline is solid. Only 3 sacks last year (yes fast passes..). Still only 3 sacks is huge. Best in the nfl last year. We have a top 5 rb in FJ. You're only giving us 1 td?? Stevie outplays Revis. That's it. Too bad for Revis. Plus our dline should get us some forced fumbles (or 3and outs) and give us at least 2-3 easy field goals. Our kickers and punters are super good. We win field position easily.

Oh someone mentioned their tight end. He's no way near a Gronk or a Hernandez. Please dont mention their tight end. He will need to be blocking Super Mario anyway. No one sees this? Man, finally the nfl sees what this team is capable of, except its fans??????

When did they ever predict us making the playoffs in the offseason??? It's been a long time. But this time they have. At the same time they are predicting the jets not even winning 8 games.... Wake up and smell the blow out!!!!

The key to the game is protecting Fitz from Rex Ryan's blitz happy defense. If the Bills can do a good job of that and get Jackson 10-15 touches the Bills will win.

I expect the Bills to be able to generate a very good pass rush with their front four. They will sack Sanchez 3-5 times in this game.

Bills win 24-13.

The key to the game is protecting Fitz from Rex Ryan's blitz happy defense. If the Bills can do a good job of that and get Jackson 10-15 touches the Bills will win.

I expect the Bills to be able to generate a very good pass rush with their front four. They will sack Sanchez 3-5 times in this game.

Bills win 24-13.

Every starting rb gets the ball that much each game. That's nothing. 25 carries for like 125 sounds more desirable. Oh wait, only 180 posts..

Sure 10 carries is great!!!!

Bills win 24-13.

if Jackson get 25 carries for 100 yds we win

But he will have earned every yd vs this defense

if Jackson get 25 carries for 100 yds we win

But he will have earned every yd vs this defense

I disagree with you. I think their defense is overrated this year. Our oline is very solid. They should open up some lanes for him pretty easily. He will have a lot of easy yards.

I like fj more this year. He is a true rb.

I see the Bills winning this one handily. Jets are a mess, and although they have some strengths they also have some glaring weaknesses. A mediocre QB who's going to be under constant pressure, no RBs to speak of, and a gaping hole at RT. Add to that the locker room discord and I just don't see them getting it done.

This is a divisional game.

The winner will be tied for first place and have put their opponent in last place.

There is no way this game is a cake walk.

That said, the Bills win.

This game is almost like a playoff game to me , well it has the same feeling to it.

I see the Bills winning this one handily. Jets are a mess, and although they have some strengths they also have some glaring weaknesses. A mediocre QB who's going to be under constant pressure, no RBs to speak of, and a gaping hole at RT. Add to that the locker room discord and I just don't see them getting it done.

The question is: Does Chan have enough in his bag to identify those weakness and take advantage. If the Bills load up the box and pressure Sanchez, this game is ours to lose.

My prediction: Bills 17, Jets 14 for reasons stated elsewhere.

Was amused by Peter Kings pick (Bills 27, Jets 13):

1 p.m. ET (CBS) Buffalo Bills (0-0) at New York Jets (0-0)

Here come Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to torment Mark Sanchez, and Sanchez has to be wondering what horrible thing he did in some past life to be undergoing the kind of competitive torture that'll confront him late in this game. "TEE-Bow, TEE-Bow!" The chants will rain down on him if he's down big in the fourth quarter of this one, and Sanchez will be rooting for 15 road games by the time he walks off the field.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/06/week-1/index.html#ixzz25kwt2lMp