Octoberfest beers

PaattMaann

On a quick break fom the beach..I actually quite enjoy the Sam . I would actually like to drink some. Say in October, and not in the summer. Went into Total Wine three weeks ago looking for some Hop Sun, was told no more summer beers, we have our fall seasonals now! Friggen 2 nd week of August in VA..that makes sense!

I'm the same way. I held out drinking any of the fall seasonal beers until yesterday(September 1st)...also waited to enjoy my first wawa pumpkin spice coffee...now its full on and there are several awesome ones out there...

Had Victory's Festbier and Goose Islands Harvest. Both very good!

On a quick break fom the beach..I actually quite enjoy the Sam . I would actually like to drink some. Say in October, and not in the summer. Went into Total Wine three weeks ago looking for some Hop Sun, was told no more summer beers, we have our fall seasonals now! Friggen 2 nd week of August in VA..that makes sense!

Nothing I hate more than pumpkin beers. When the hell did that become popular?

Yesterday, my first full weekend livin in DC my wife and a couple that we are friends with went on a self made bar crawl through DC. Stared at RFD in china town. Then capital brewing. Then, my new favorite bar, Church Key. Then a place called town hill tavern or something like that. Worst bar ever. Only had PBR. Had a pitcher of course then left. Then to this scotch bar whose name I don't recall (shocking, I know) that celebrated having over 1100 different types if scotch, whiskey and bourbon. From there we went to my new home on Sundays in DC, a bar called grand central, with its flag hanging on the outside proudly proclaiming "YOU'RE IN BILLS COUNTRY." We ended the day at a place called the Mellow Mushroom. Throughout the day tried a dozen or more new IPAs. I'd list em all if I remembered but Stone Brewery solidified itself as my favorite brand of beer.

Great day.

Edited by stevestojan

Yesterday, my first full weekend livin in DC my wife and a couple that we are friends with went on a self made bar crawl through DC. Stared at RFD in china town. Then capital brewing. Then, my new favorite bar, Church Key. Then a place called town hill tavern or something like that. Worst bar ever. Only had PBR. Had a pitcher of course then left. Then to this scotch bar whose name I don't recall (shocking, I know) that celebrated having over 1100 different types if scotch, whiskey and bourbon. From there we went to my new home on Sundays in DC, a bar called grand central, with its flag hanging on the outside proudly proclaiming "YOU'RE IN BILLS COUNTRY." We ended the day at a place called the Mellow Mushroom. Throughout the day tried a dozen or more new IPAs. I'd list em all if I remembered but Stone Brewery solidified itself as my favorite brand of beer.

Great day.

cool story but no thread hijacking : )

Octoberfest is the idea here...

And I too refuse to drink Octoberfest until September 1...

Great day.

We had dinner with our son and had a few different beers at Church Key.

You wil have to go to Rays for Steak in Arlington for very good steaks.

Great day.

Hi jack all you want Steve..Church Key Awesome. DC the wild west of beer..anything goes, no distributor needed if bar/store willing to drive to get the beer they want!

Next time try a nice dive beer bar in DuPont Circle by the name of Big Hunt. Been there sense I moved to DC in 88...nothing fancy just good beers on tap! They host several release parties every year, bee is reasonably priced, and people are not beer snob pricks.