Don Banks Predicts the Bills to make the Playoffs this year

ganesh

2. With the handsomely paid pass rusher Mario Williams being as good as advertised, the Buffalo Bills' new 4-3 defense will take a significant step forward under new coordinator Dave Wannstedt, leading to the end of the team's NFL-worst 12-year playoff drought. The Bills will close enough of the gap that exists between them and the Patriots in the AFC East, leading to a 10-6 record and a wild-card berth.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/08/30/2012-nfl-predictions/index.html#ixzz256y1lfic

I won't take 8-8. They made too made changes and don't have much excuses. If they are anything less than 10-6 then it will be because they failed to bring in a QB. If Fitz doesn't deliver, it will be a huge black eye on this regime. If the bills go 10-6, which I think they will, then all is well (for now). But if they go 8-8, that is just not good at all.

7 -9 if they're lucky. Team looks much like past teams in that offense puts forth a good/great first series, then unravels as the game progresses. Same with the defense--as offensive woes shorten time with the ball, defense tires, fades to black, game lost...again.

if the bills make the playoffs this year it will be one of the all time greaest sandbag jobs in sports history.

we have a below-average qb

average OL

below average receivers led by an average-at-best #1 receiver

RBs are better than average but unfortunately Gailey doesn't like to run.

we all agree the DL is very good, however...

DB corps is average

Linebacking Sucks With A Capital S

we do have good kickers i guess

how does add up to 10-6 and playoffs? i have no idea but i hope it does.

oh and we are one of the most perenially injured teams in the NFL. people talk about last year being a freak bad luck year with injuries but we get hammered every year.

and our back ups have been run over in every pre-season game so far. just physically beaten.

10-6? i'd predict 7 or 8 wins based on our schedule.

here's one way

at NY Jets 1:00pm W

KANSAS CITY 1:00pm W

at Cleveland 1:00pm W

NEW ENGLAND 1:00pm W

at San Francisco 4:25pm L

at Arizona 4:05pm W

TENNESSEE 1:00pm W

Sun. Oct. 28 BYE

at Houston 1:00pm L

at New England 1:00pm L

MIAMI 8:20pm W

at Indianapolis 1:00pm W

JACKSONVILLE 1:00pm W

ST. LOUIS 1:00pm W

16 SEATTLE* 4:05pm W

Sun. Dec. 23 at Miami 1:00pm W

Sun. Dec. 30 NY JETS 1:00pm W

with a 3 game margin of error :D

I hate doing this because you never know with injuries how one games effects the next week....however

at NY Jets 1:00pm W

KANSAS CITY 1:00pm W

at Cleveland 1:00pm W

NEW ENGLAND 1:00pm L

at San Francisco 4:25pm L

at Arizona 4:05pm W - hate this game, back to back out west - major trap game

TENNESSEE 1:00pm W

Sun. Oct. 28 BYE

at Houston 1:00pm L

at New England 1:00pm L

MIAMI 8:20pm W

at Indianapolis 1:00pm W

JACKSONVILLE 1:00pm W

ST. LOUIS 1:00pm W

16 SEATTLE* 4:05pm L

Sun. Dec. 23 at Miami 1:00pm L

Sun. Dec. 30 NY JETS 1:00pm W - These last two games are also trap games, one of them will be an unforseen loss.

10-6 and I still think somehow we end up 9-7. love to be way off and they end up 12-4 but the offense scares me and I need to see this defense make big plays when needed.

7 -9 if they're lucky. Team looks much like past teams in that offense puts forth a good/great first series, then unravels as the game progresses. Same with the defense--as offensive woes shorten time with the ball, defense tires, fades to black, game lost...again.

Why do people keep saying they're worried about the offense?

Is it because of the preseason?

I'm honestly wondering, I'm not trying to be facetious.