University of Colorado Has Been Getting It Right

3rdnlng

Honestly, I think both camps feel uneasy. And leading and losing in two polls by no rational observation can be considered "securely". Again, declaratives don't have impact when evidence doesn't support those statements. The lead in the RCP is 1 point, it's not "secure" Geez JA, just admit that it's razor tight, no need to be so hard headed :lol:

And yes, it has changed, OHIO just a few weeks ago was +5 now it's + 1.4

VA was +4 now it's +.6

Florida was + 2 now it's +1

Iowa was +3.4 now it's + .2

Michigan was +7.5 now it's +1.2

NV was +6.5 now it's +4 make that 3.3

CO was +4.6 now it's +1

Those are facts, the only person who is "blind" here is you

http://www.realclear...obama-1171.html

National polls +.5

smallest lead yet

Edited by WorldTraveller

Add-in undecideds mostly voting for the challenger...

He's gotta win Florida. And again, the "fact check" is working to their advantage, it remains a story. The welfare and Medicare issues are polling really well for them. They will continue to hammer these points home. It's amazing how they caught the Obama campaign flat footed on the Medicare issue. Who would of thought that conservatives would be tied to winning on Medicare? It's pretty extraordinary :lol:

I've been saying that since I saw that Obamacare cut $716B from it.

I am shocked that Romney isn't rocking in Florida. It's a must win state. If he loses FL, he's screwed.

The GM plant was a stretch and a dumb one but I don't care about it. That's one line in a speech.

The fact check theme dominates the headlines right now. Reps not combatting that well in the media in the wake of an optimistic hopeful convention. Their punch pulling is admirable though.

And how pray tell are they to do that when all of the "flagship" MSM outlets such as the Big 3 Networks, WaPo, NYT, etc. are all in the bag for the "fact-check?"

I'd say the new media is carrying the day for the GOP. Even Media Matters had a luke-warm assessment of the "fact-check" argument . . .

Fact Checkers are getting hammered over the past couple days. There is pushback coming from all Conservative quarters. The GM, Medicare and Welfare arguments fact checks are all getting smashed. At the end of the day, the fact checkers aren't changing anyone's minds.

I was reading how the Romney camp was happy for this to be the discussion, which is why they sent Ryan out on three interviews just to keep the discussion alive. He made such a convincing argument, that CNN reversed their position. :lol:

Fact Checkers are getting hammered over the past couple days. There is pushback coming from all Conservative quarters. The GM, Medicare and Welfare arguments fact checks are all getting smashed. At the end of the day, the fact checkers aren't changing anyone's minds.

I was reading how the Romney camp was happy for this to be the discussion, which is why they sent Ryan out on three interviews just to keep the discussion alive. He made such a convincing argument, that CNN reversed their position. :lol:

Well, they might be changing people's minds about their own objectivity.

And how pray tell are they to do that when all of the "flagship" MSM outlets such as the Big 3 Networks, WaPo, NYT, etc. are all in the bag for the "fact-check?"

I'd say the new media is carrying the day for the GOP. Even Media Matters had a luke-warm assessment of the "fact-check" argument . . .

The trick is getting some of the non 100% shill media like Fox and MSNBC to discuss the "fact check" soundbytes and the "micro bump" BS. The later being the lemming adopted word for Ryan bumping Mitt2% in key states, as if 2% is nothing in such a tight race in some states.

The alt media is doing a solid job but its reliability bites on the whole. WSJ for print and CNN for TV are my choices. On radio, POTUS on Sirius XM takes pains to be objective. Next week will be Dem friendly but it's solid usually.

Fact Checkers are getting hammered over the past couple days.

They collectively embarrassed themselves over the Janesville Plant bit from Ryan's speech. I'm increasingly convinced that Romney/Ryan know precisely what they're doing with these little embarrassment bombs they're dropping because they know the media are foaming at the mouth...especially to get a piece of Ryan, who took the Medicare argument away from them...and they know Obama is brutally thin-skinned and will pop at a moment's notice.

They collectively embarrassed themselves over the Janesville Plant bit from Ryan's speech. I'm increasingly convinced that Romney/Ryan know precisely what they're doing with these little embarrassment bombs they're dropping because they know the media are foaming at the mouth...especially to get a piece of Ryan, who took the Medicare argument away from them...and they know Obama is brutally thin-skinned and will pop at a moment's notice.

They do, I've been reading the interviews with their "insiders" and they are delighted to keep this discussion going. Did you see the Scott walker interview on msnbc? Maddow, sharp ton and some other loon tried to pin him down on the Janesville question, and he answered effectively to the point that you could see the visible frustration on their faces. As a matter of fact he just pinned up an op Ed on politico this morning, keeping the discussion alive. They know this is a winner.

Also they trotted Ryan out on three interviews with the networks, and he was so successful with the CNN interview that they conceded to his point.

Regarding the network coverage. I like watching CNN's election night coverage, but the coverage for the conventions was horrible. Dana bash the entire time was looking for controversies and conflict at the convention floor the entire time. Also every time there was a speechd from one of the candidates they looked to constantly rebut points.

I will look to watch their coverage at the dem's convention and see if Dana bash looks with the same intensity of seeking conflict at their conventions and see if their commentary after each speech is similar.

Regarding the network coverage. I like watching CNN's election night coverage, but the coverage for the conventions was horrible. Dana bash the entire time was looking for controversies and conflict at the convention floor the entire time. Also every time there was a speechd from one of the candidates they looked to constantly rebut points.

I will look to watch their coverage at the dem's convention and see if Dana bash looks with the same intensity of seeking conflict at their conventions and see if their commentary after each speech is similar.

I watched the convention through the RNC website. I recommend that for the DNC too--no commentary. It was much better that way.