craigslist rocks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a ad in for a apartment I am renting at 11:58 last night[that puts it at the top of that day's page]

Here it is noon next day and I pulled the ad. 20+ calls. Yet people still pay $100's for newspaper ads no one reads. Why?

We've sold a bunch of stuff on Craigslist including three cars.

Holy s***. Up to 40+ calls now. Some real bozo's however. " I really like the place but I can't pay now. I have good job lined up though. I just need a helping hand." Do I look like father Flanagan? Good lord cash only. I have heard some real sob stories today. Highly entertaining however,

Link us to the ad, we want to see what you wrote that is working for you.

Actually I want to prank email him. Let's hope he doesn't scroll down this far. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edited by Chef Jim

"located on a very quite dead end road across from Muldoon elementary school playground"

Gee,if it's near a school, that eliminates predators and drug dealers....what's left with respect to Craigslist shoppers? :nana:

I agree. Craigslist rocks. Insane deals.

I got a "gem" early this year. $150 for a leather sofa bed (FULL size). Regular price at least $1000 bucks. (Based on my other leather couch from Jennifer Convertibles) The girl said, "Honestly my guests have slept in it a couple of times only" Most likely she was a loner. Jk. Mattress was in better than like-new conditions. The couch appeared good as new too. If she said she had just purchased it but didnt like it, I would believe it. It's still looking good. Although I dont use the bed, it's kind of nice as an emergency back up bed.

Holy s***. Up to 40+ calls now. Some real bozo's however. " I really like the place but I can't pay now. I have good job lined up though. I just need a helping hand." Do I look like father Flanagan? Good lord cash only. I have heard some real sob stories today. Highly entertaining however,

Thus answering the question " Yet people still pay $100's for newspaper ads no one reads. Why?"

Yeah. You have to be able to get off your ass, buy the !@#$ing paper, and then find what you're looking for without a search box or hyperlinks.

Reason why i tend to interview people from career fairs vs people applying via Monster/Career Builder.

I put a ad in for a apartment I am renting at 11:58 last night[that puts it at the top of that day's page]

Here it is noon next day and I pulled the ad. 20+ calls. Yet people still pay $100's for newspaper ads no one reads. Why?

Do your apartments have any abandon trucks in the parking lot? I heard that's a problem in those parts.