Rate Tarvaris Jackson's arm strength and Accrurcy

HOUSE

I rate his arm strength as powerful, able to make all the throws. Accuracy is above average but he has one of the best deliveries in Pro football. Even Buddy Nix made a comment about this after his signing with the Bills.

I recommend you watch this clip, because NOT everyone agrees.....

Who has the better arm strength, Fitzpatrick or Jackson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOp0hVMbvY8

Edited by HOUSE

I rate his arm strength as powerful, able to make all the throws. Accuracy is above average but he has one of the best deliveries in Pro football. Even Buddy Nix made a comment about this after his signing with the Bills.

I didn't really get this trade... We've all seen Travaris Jackson play, if not there are 34 starts for you to watch out there. He is a VERY similar QB to Vince Young. Maybe a little more consistency, but certainly less upside.

Here's why I don't get it though. Vince Young had all of training camp and preseason to learn the system. Jackson will have less than one week, and one meaningless preseason game in which many of the players taking part will be cut. I don't see how he is much, if any, of an upgrade over Young. He certainly won't be prepared to play any time soon. Yet we are paying more for him, and had to trade a draft pick. Also, had we not traded for him, Jackson was all but certain to be cut.

Young certainly didn't look great in his time here, so I am happy that the Bills are still trying to upgrade. I just think we've seen the best of what Jackson has to offer, and it's not much.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I didn't really get this trade... We've all seen Travaris Jackson play, if not there are 34 starts for you to watch out there. He is a VERY similar QB to Vince Young. Maybe a little more consistency, but certainly less upside.

Here's why I don't get it though. Vince Young had all of training camp and preseason to learn the system. Jackson will have less than one week, and one meaningless preseason game in which many of the players taking part will be cut. I don't see how he is much, if any, of an upgrade over Young. He certainly won't be prepared to play any time soon. Yet we are paying more for him, and had to trade a draft pick. Also, had we not traded for him, Jackson was all but certain to be cut.

Young certainly didn't look great in his time here, so I am happy that the Bills are still trying to upgrade. I just think we've seen the best of what Jackson has to offer, and it's not much.

I would have kept Young but obviously Chan Gailey saw a uncorrectable flaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOp0hVMbvY8

Who cares! Stop looking for reasons to hate on Fitz. He is the Bills starting QB, deal with it!

VY was beat out for the back up spot by TRENT EDWARDS in Philly. And, thus far, he's been beat out by TYLER THIGPEN in Bufalo. VY is 30 years old. There is no more upside. This is who he is - a poor NFL QB. T Jack is here because he's better than VY.

VY was beat out for the back up spot by TRENT EDWARDS in Philly. And, thus far, he's been beat out by TYLER THIGPEN in Bufalo. VY is 30 years old. There is no more upside. This is who he is - a poor NFL QB. T Jack is here because he's better than VY.

Ummm. Trent Edwards didn't beat out ANYONE in Philly especially VY. I don't know where you came up with that bogus statement. Vince was signed to a 1 year contract last year and wasn't resigned after the season. Trent was picked up in Feb. In what way did Trent beat Young?

Wrong on both counts there.

Trent Edwards didn't beat out VY, it was a 1 year contract that expired. Thigpen didn't beat out young either, I'm not sure where you got that idea, however if you had followed this situation in the pre-season you would realize that it's just simple incorrect.

Thigpen didn't even play in the last preseason game, and Gailey himself even said Young has outplayed Thigpen. Jackson was brought in to replace Young as the #2. The only way Thigpen makes the team, is to buy Jackson enough time to get caught up.

Obviously the FO/Coaches think Jackson is better than young, or this wouldn't have happened. My point was that we are just replacing one poor QB, with another poor QB who has no knowledge of our system or any practice time, however it has now costs us draft picks.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Wrong on both counts there.

Trent Edwards didn't beat out VY, it was a 1 year contract that expired. Thigpen didn't beat out young either, I'm not sure where you got that idea, however if you had followed this situation in the pre-season you would realize that it's just simple incorrect.

Thigpen didn't even play in the last preseason game, and Gailey himself even said Young has outplayed Thigpen. Jackson was brought in to replace Young as the #2. The only way Thigpen makes the team, is to buy Jackson enough time to get caught up.

Obviously the FO/Coaches think Jackson is better than young, or this wouldn't have happened. My point was that we are just replacing one poor QB, with another poor QB who has no knowledge of our system or any practice time, however it has now costs us draft picks and more money.

considering Young was cut and TT is still on the roster means young was beat out by TT.

considering Young was cut and TT is still on the roster means young was beat out by TT.

Umm, no. AGAIN, Young wasn't cut, his contract expired and he became a FA. Young and Edwards were never even on the same team together. How does a guy beat out a another guy who's not even on the team?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't think there's much to get here. VY just wasn't a good fit on this team. It happens. He looked very disinterested on Saturday night. Almost like he was distracted by something. While Jackson may not have more physical upside, I think Buddy and Chan were looking for a good fit for the team.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think there's much to get here. VY just wasn't a good fit on this team. It happens. He looked very disinterested on Saturday night. Almost like he was distracted by something. While Jackson may not have more physical upside, I think Buddy and Chan were looking for a good fit for the team.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah I understand that. I thought Young was bad before he ever reached Buffalo. The problem is, Jackson has probably looked worse. I can understand wanting to upgrade, but we got rid of one mobile QB who's play is incredible inconsistent, for another. So we just swapped garbage, for garbage who will not have a chance to learn the system. Plus it cost us a pick.

I supposed we couldn't get much worse than VY, I guess I just didn't like giving up a pick for a guy who would probably have been cut anyway.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

All I can say to this is... Sad but True...

Who cares! Stop looking for reasons to hate on Fitz. He is the Bills starting QB, deal with it!

Funny, have your coffee yet???

Did you even bother to watch the clip?

Settle down son...... :w00t:

Edited by HOUSE

Here are my thoughts....

- VY and TJ are NOT similar players......Vince Young is a ultra athletic mentally weak QB who got so angry once he ripped off his shoulderpads and through them into the stands.......T Jackson is a QB that has put up with constant abuse everywhere he has been......played with a torn pec muscule for Seattle last year.......and the teams fans he is leaving is calling him one tough SOB was a soldier, a warrior, a great locker room guy for the team he is leaving and they wish him well (normally u see NOTHING but venom on a QB that once started and was demoted...that did nto happen here...just saying)

- VY cannot read defenses......can throw deep with SOME accuracy but cannot throw a 10 yard pass with ANY accuracy...has horrible mechanics. T Jackson is a pocket passing QB with SOME scrambling ability because he is very athletic....he has a very good arm but tends not to use it and throw short. (now lets go back to something Chan Gailey said in an interview a couple of days ago......the offensive system is biult for ONE person......the STARTER......Ryan Fitzpatrick. That means that the QB that backs him up should also have the same traits and be able to handle the same offense.

- VY came in and all you heard how he was struggling with the playbook......T Jackson works with QB coach and Gailey for an HOUR directly after 6 hours of sleep and a plane ride from Seattle and they are talking about him taking snaps on Thursday night. That should tell you something right there.

- I think one of the things people really get hung up on when it comes to Vince Young and T Jackson. NEITHER of these guys were brought in to unseat Fitz.....NEITHER of them. They are looking for a QB who can come in and win a few games if Fitz goes down. If people would just take the move for what it is and trying to biuld in what THEY WANT out of the situation then it makes so much more sense......you need DEPENDABILITY and CONSISTANCY from your backup QB.....not trying to figure out what his ceiling is to see if he can unseat the starting QB.

We know that we have brought in a QB that has started for two other NFL teams.......please just take it for what it is. Fitz is the guy.