WGR 550AM-Lack of Bills talk and the epic discussion about olives

Go back under your bridge please.

Green olives are better in general but black olives are better on a pizza. That said bacon and banana pepper is about the most gut wrenching and simultaneously best pizza ever. Pineapple is terrible on a pizza but great when fresh cut or in those little fruit cups.

Joe W should have a bunch of warning points by now. Schopp and the Bulldog are annoying but its the middle of August which has to be the worst time to be involved in sports journalism (especially when there isn't Brett Favre to jam down our throats).

John Wawrow thanks for doing what you do. Don't get chased away like so many others who's opines/facts/news/ posts I enjoy and respect.

Lastly (and again), Joe W go back under your bridge please. JW explained the scheduling conflict and why it went down the way it did - sorry it doesn't fit your conspiracy theory but let it go man. For all the good the internet has brought to the world trolling/internet tough guys almost make it not worth it. Damn you Al Gore!

that sums it up quite nicely, bacon and banana peppers are fantastically diabolical, and the correct answer is both green and black olives have their place, in my belly!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a big martini guy. i'll have one occasionally, though, come to think of it, i don't seem to mind that olive. guess, soaking it in alcohol helps.

jw

You're a sports writer - gotta drink brown liquor.

Black olives on pizza, hands down. Now for green olives ... get yourself a can dark red kidney beans. Add some sazon, sofrito, recaito, tomato sauce, jamon seasoning (ham flavored) and a couple tablespoons of chopped green olives. Now you're talkin', baby. That's how I rock olives.

There are honestly four ingredients there I have never heard of.

Hmm tonight is also available there, if "The Boss" concert is on Fri you play on Sat and vice versa. The Sunday nonsense is just that - nonsense.

Don't believe Brandon's double-speak, when you see him ask if Rogers pays for this game and ask him what the status of Roger's renewal of the series is.

JW

You really think they could load out Springsteen's show and convert the Rogers Centre to an NFL-ready field in less than 24 hours, or vice-versa?

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/wrecking-ball-tour-by-the-numbers

Really?

• 2 weeks later...

Change. The. Station.

You want to hear/read what you want to read about, search the web. Live Radio will never give you exactly what you want.

Also, the end of the week is pretty much dedicated to the season opener.

3 Solutions for ya, pick one.

1280 AM in Rochester has John "Tools" DiTullio in the afternoons. He's got a solid show. There is an alternative. He gets Bills guys on. He'll talk baseball, hockey, whatever. I have heard him get off on non-sports related subjects like food or music, just like the guys on WGR, but John doesn't have the attitude issues.

Holy Crap I get SOO SICK OF THIS. What the hell is there to talk about??? THey have not played a game yet!! Do you want to keep talking about roster moves? Should they have kept some undrafted FA? Is Fitz the answer? Will Mario get a sack? Will they blitz more. These same conversations have been going on for 6 months. They need to PLAY A GAME so that there is something to talk about!

If any more than 5% of the listening audience wanted to hear them drone over those same topics constantly I'm sure they would be doing it, but I, along with the other 95% would turn off the radio.

I usually just listen to the audio vault segments that way I can chose what to listen to and when and that way I don't have to hear all that other STUPID S :censored: T that them 2 afternoon dumb dumbs try to pass along. :beer:

Lol i hear ya tired of that stuttering bulldog and that !@#$ mike shoop

Hello caller, what do you want to talk about?

caller: "yeah, how many touchdowns do you think Fitz'll have this year... I'll hang up and take your answer off the air".

Wow, what a great question, lets talk about that for the next half hour. I say 23.

Yeah, that's some compelling radio there.

I can be WGR's biggest critic, but how much football do you want them to talk about? If they had guests on(other than a steady diet of Hamilton, Sullivan and now Joe B), I could see it, but how much of the same nonsense can they rehash day in and day out?

How about an hour talking about Ruvell Martin's role as a special teamer.

I'd rather they draft cabbage recipes than listen to that crap.

I can be WGR's biggest critic, but how much football do you want them to talk about? If they had guests on(other than a steady diet of Hamilton, Sullivan and now Joe B), I could see it, but how much of the same nonsense can they rehash day in and day out?

Well, we do that.

PTR

If we can talk football 24/7/365 how hard is it to come up with enough good topics to fill 4 measly hours a day? I think they are just lazy. Come to TBD and look at the top 3 threads and you have your show set.

PTR

Maybe they can talk Bills haikus

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Sirius/XM - they have NFL radio (pure aural awesomeness), Fox Sports, ESPN, ESPN News, all the NFL games, and a bunch of other sports related programming.

If we can talk football 24/7/365 how hard is it to come up with enough good topics to fill 4 measly hours a day? I think they are just lazy. Come to TBD and look at the top 3 threads and you have your show set.

PTR

I just had this thought yesterday. Some TSW posters really know how to develop topics that create discussion.