Newsweek's Cover

Niall Ferguson, an economist that I've always respected has a story on the cover of Newsweek titled HIT THE ROAD BARACK.

-

Why does Paul Ryan scare the president so much? Because Obama has broken his promises, and it’s clear that the GOP ticket’s path to prosperity is our only hope.

Despite having been—full disclosure—an adviser to John McCain, I acknowledged his opponent’s remarkable qualities: his soaring oratory, his cool, hard-to-ruffle temperament, and his near faultless campaign organization.

Yet the question confronting the country nearly four years later is not who was the better candidate four years ago. It is whether the winner has delivered on his promises. And the sad truth is that he has not.

In his inaugural address, Obama promised “not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth.” He promised to “build the roads and bridges, the electric grids, and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together.” He promised to “restore science to its rightful place and wield technology’s wonders to raise health care’s quality and lower its cost.” And he promised to “transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age.” Unfortunately the president’s scorecard on every single one of those bold pledges is pitiful.

-

Tina Brown is one for overdramatized sensationalism. This must be their attempt to pretend that they are a politically balanced news organization. However the point remains, in virtually every economic metric, the president fails. This is the weakest "recovery" we have seen since the Great Depression.

Tina Brown is one for overdramatized sensationalism. This must be their attempt to pretend that they are a politically balanced news organization. However the point remains, in virtually every economic metric, the president fails. This is the weakest "recovery" we have seen since the Great Depression.

I read the article last night and by the time you get to page three, Ferguson has any reader not a progressive drone thinkink "Holy crap, this guy really has absolutely no clue what he's doing."

DId you catch this Erskine Bowles video floating around this weekend to back up the Ferguson stuff? He essentially says he was stunned that the "Chicago cabal" told Obama to blow off the Simpson-Bowles work simply so they could let Ryan go first and bash the living hell out of him in public.

http://youtu.be/H9kOP8ORAK0

In case that tablet of yours doesn't play the video.

Bob Reynolds, Putnam Investments: Your presidential commission delivered your report in December. How surprised were you that your commission gave the president tremendous coverage to do something, and it wasn’t even mentioned in the State of the Union?

Erskine Bowles: If you think you were surprised, you should have looked at us. I negotiated the budget for President Clinton. And every investment banker will tell you the key to success is knowing your client and defining success up front. So, I knew what success was on his part, and I could go in there and negotiate the deal. I did not know President Obama, and neither did Alan. So, we spent a tremendous amount of time with him and his economic team up front defining success. And we negotiated a deal that got a majority of Republicans to vote for it, so he had plenty of cover on the other side. It also exceeded every single one of the goals that he had given us. I fully expected them to grab hold of this. If it had been President Clinton, he would have said, "God, I created this, this is wonderful. It was all my idea." So we were really surprised.

My belief is that most of the members of the economic team strongly supported it. Like every White House, there's a small cabal of people that surround the president that he trusts and works with, and I believe it was those Chicago guys, the political team that convinced him that it would be smarter for him to wait and let Paul Ryan go first, and then he would look like the sensible guy in the game.

-Obama’s trash-talking competitiveness, a trait that has defined him since his days on the court as a basketball-obsessed teenager in Hawaii, was on display one night last February, when the president spotted a woman he knew was close to Sen. Marco Rubio in a Florida hotel lobby. “Is your boy going to go for [vice president]?” the president asked her. Maybe, she replied.

“Well,” he said, chuckling, according to a person who witnessed the encounter. “Tell your boy to watch it. He might get his ass kicked.”-

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79867.html#ixzz246BHIR7l

-Obama's trash-talking competitiveness, a trait that has defined him since his days on the court as a basketball-obsessed teenager in Hawaii, was on display one night last February, when the president spotted a woman he knew was close to Sen. Marco Rubio in a Florida hotel lobby. "Is your boy going to go for [vice president]?" the president asked her. Maybe, she replied.

"Well," he said, chuckling, according to a person who witnessed the encounter. "Tell your boy to watch it. He might get his ass kicked."-

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz246BHIR7l

Is "boy" not racist now?

Erskine Bowles: If you think you were surprised, you should have looked at us. I negotiated the budget for President Clinton. And every investment banker will tell you the key to success is knowing your client and defining success up front. So, I knew what success was on his part, and I could go in there and negotiate the deal. I did not know President Obama, and neither did Alan. So, we spent a tremendous amount of time with him and his economic team up front defining success. And we negotiated a deal that got a majority of Republicans to vote for it, so he had plenty of cover on the other side. It also exceeded every single one of the goals that he had given us. I fully expected them to grab hold of this. If it had been President Clinton, he would have said, "God, I created this, this is wonderful. It was all my idea." So we were really surprised.

So, in other words (coming straight from a true-blue Democrat, mind you) something that would've reduced this country's debt burden, and where it was signed, sealed and delivered to Obama's desk and he got more than he asked for... he nixed.

Sorry, America. Fiscal responsibility didn't fit into Obama's re-election narrative.

So, in other words (coming straight from a true-blue Democrat, mind you) something that would've reduced this country's debt burden, and where it was signed, sealed and delivered to Obama's desk and he got more than he asked for... he nixed.

Sorry, America. Fiscal responsibility didn't fit into Obama's re-election narrative.

Yes, because he was convinced by his Chicago cabal,

that it would be more beneficial to him to demagogue the issue and falsely paint the GOP as obstructionists.

The interesting thing to me in all of this; the Newsweek article, the Bowles video, and especially the Politco story, is that the ONLY thing Barack Obama is ever concerned with is himself. I recognize and accept that anyone wanting to be president has a massive ego, and he doesn't corner the market on narcissism, but he doesn't even pretend like the country matters to him.

The Politico piece was particularly revealing, especially when you re-think how the Obama campaign absolutely FUBAR'd their narrative for the Soptic ad and Ryan selection; Axelrod and Cutter contradicting each other like they never met before.

You get the sense that it's all starting to collapse on Obama.

Isn't Ferguson the guy who advocated getting rid of the FICA system and going to a 33% Federal Retail Sales Tax, Privitizing social security, getting rid of Medicare & Medicaid and turning it into a voucher system, and also cutting defense and veterans discretionary spending? Sounds like a real "liberal" economist.

Isn't Ferguson the guy who advocated getting rid of the FICA system and going to a 33% Federal Retail Sales Tax, Privitizing social security, getting rid of Medicare & Medicaid and turning it into a voucher system, and also cutting defense and veterans discretionary spending? Sounds like a real "liberal" economist.

KILL THE MESSENGER!!! KILL THE MESSENGER!!!

Obama must have really pissed someone off. Newsweekly has been the most consistently left-wing magazine in the mainstream for some time now. I suppose it could be a last ditch effort to appeal to a wider base, because by all accounts they're set to go the way of the Hypnotoad, but this cover just comes on too strong for me to believe that's the only thing going on here..

Obama must have really pissed someone off. Newsweekly has been the most consistently left-wing magazine in the mainstream for some time now. I suppose it could be a last ditch effort to appeal to a wider base, because by all accounts they're set to go the way of the Hypnotoad, but this cover just comes on too strong for me to believe that's the only thing going on here..

Between Newsweek AND Politico hitting Obama at the same time, I suspect they realize they're on a team about to get its ass handed to it, and it's a good time to diversity.

Paul Ryan scares the president???? ROTFLMAO PIP. I'm sure the Pres is shaking in his boots.

Yet the question confronting this country is .... Will RMoney and Ryan be any better?

I thought the R's were al about "No new taxes" yet I hear that their tax plan raises taxes on the middle calss by removing standard deductions. That could exceed $2000.

Read the fine print on the cover ....

GOP Heads to Stripper Central. Tampa is the capitol of Strip Clubs.

What is the attraction to Tampa???

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Between Newsweek AND Politico hitting Obama at the same time, I suspect they realize they're on a team about to get its ass handed to it, and it's a good time to diversity.

I wonder if this is payback for him holding out on the press. They've been carrying his water for the last four years & now he won't throw them a bone. Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorned.

Edit: Of course with poll #s & him campaigning in states that should be in the bag, I suppose it's possible they see the writing on the wall and want to jump off the sinking ship.

Edited by Rob's House

Did he stick his foot in his mouth again yet?

Not yet, but the day is young.

Nothing but softball questions about Soptic ad, Akin, Afghanistan, Syria, and economy...the latter of which he said he has a plan to make it easier for people upside down on their mortgages to refi, which will put $3000 in their pocket to upgrade their home to increase the value...or buy their child a computer for school. This included about twelve references to "three thousand dollars" to the point where I went online to check my account to see if it really just magically appeared.

My favorite though is his passive aggressive idiocy of "Look, just because we're questioning Romney's taxes doesn't mean he did something illegal." Then suggested his campaign has been straight, honest and clean and everyone ELSE has been in the dirt.

In the end, I don't think he said or did anything that will overcome everyone discussing the Newseek/Politico stories. Once Akin drops out today, the press conference will be a memory and people will stop asking when he's going to give a press conference to someone other than Entertainment Tonight.

Not yet, but the day is young.

...the latter of which he said he has a plan to make it easier for people upside down on their mortgages to refi, which will put $3000 in their pocket to upgrade their home to increase the value...

ANOTHER one? What happened to the last four? They're going to start running out of acronyms.