Would You Trade Any 3 Bills Players for Andrew Luck?

Boludo

One preseason game ... and RG3 of course is the next coming because he shined against the Bills ... you should see the reports in the Washington and national media.

Although I think both Luck and RG3 have the potential of greatness ... but any 3 not so sure about it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that's what you would do then no offense but you fail pretty badly at madden

I never play franchise mode in Madden... Even if I put the CPUs AI all the way up and the human catching n running n blocking ability all the way down, the CPU can't beat me... I only buy Madden to play superstar mode and to play other people online...

No doubt about it. Franchise qb under new rookie pay scale they can have mario Williams, dareus and (I'm guessing) Stevie, and the 2 vet salaries.

This would be a horrible trade for the Bills. We would be far worse after this trade than before. We are on the verge of playoffs right now. Make that trade and we're 2-3 years away

I'd rather make a trade like that for someone who has actually played in at least one NFL game. As of right now, I have the same career stats as an NFL QB that Andrew Luck has.

LOL. Were you also drafted first overall in the 2012 NFL Draft?

Absolutely.

They'd definitely want Dareus. After that its kind of a crap shoot. Would they want the huge contract of Mario Williams? Would they want a promising young player without proven experience (Gilmore, Spiller)? Would they want a solid proven piece (Levitre, Johnson, Jackson)?

If I'm the Colts I'm taking Dareus, Gilmore and Levitre... and yea I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm the Bills.

Kyle Williams would be in the discussion too.

In a frickin' hearbeat.

Is there really any doubt in anyone's mind about this?

GO BILLS!!!

Based on the responses to this thread, yes. There is doubt.

But like I said earlier, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It's hard to say, especially since we don't know how good he'll be. I don't expect him to bust, but what if he becomes the next Matt Ryan instead of the next Peyton Manning? In hindsight I'd trade our top 3 guys for a 23 year old Manning, but not for Matt Ryan. Granted, a great QB can mask a lot of flaws, but outside of Manning, Marino, and Favre, (maybe Elway) who in the modern era has made their team a perennial contender based solely on QB play? And don't say Montana, Brady, or Rogers b/c all of those guys were/are surrounded by talent.

Yes its not even close, Dareus (From a trade perspective the most valuable player on the team) and any other two players (Plus Fitz) for Luck and I wouldn't even bat an eye. If they wanted to take Dareus, Byrd, and Mario/Gilmore/Stevie/Levitre/Whoever to swap QB's I say hell yes. And that's not to say losing those defensive players wouldn't hurt but come on Fitz is at best a lower top 10 QB. Luck could be the QB that dominates the league 3-5 years form now.

Its a risk for sure as you would be giving up the farm for a guy who is still an unknown. But the reward is far greater than the risk.

Edited by billsfan89

If some of you would trade away any three players (some of you the whole d-line) then why didn't we just move up in the draft like the redskins did... I'm sure we can possibly do that for Barkely. Anybody want to do that? Maybe we'd have to see him play in preseason games first before any of us really started to like Barkley and make that decision? :rolleyes:

If some of you would trade away any three players (some of you the whole d-line) then why didn't we just move up in the draft like the redskins did... I'm sure we can possibly do that for Barkely. Anybody want to do that? Maybe we'd have to see him play in preseason games first before any of us really started to like Barkley and make that decision? :rolleyes:

RG3 didn't have anywhere near the same consensus lock as franchise NFL QB that Luck had. Even with the late burst of RG3 hype there was never any real doubt Colts were going w/ Luck.

Its possible to simply like Lucks talent that much as opposed to hating the Bills talent. Giving up Dareus and two other talented young players for a rookie QB is a lot (Plus you would also have to give back Fitz in addition to the three players). And it would certainly be close to equal value for the Colts. They would be getting a lot back in return. But that's how good I think Luck will be that giving up a lot for him results in getting a lot back.

Now if you told me we have to give up Fitz, plus let them select any 3 players off our roster plus our 1st rounder next season I would have serious reservations.

RG3 didn't have anywhere near the same consensus lock as franchise NFL QB that Luck had. Even with the late burst of RG3 hype there was never any real doubt Colts were going w/ Luck.

I understand context is very hard to decypher, but I was being facetious with that comment.

This would be a horrible trade for the Bills. We would be far worse after this trade than before. We are on the verge of playoffs right now. Make that trade and we're 2-3 years away

Agree and that's assuming the guy pans out and other pieces come together.

He looks like he will be good but is his projected future value worth say three probowl potential players?

For Aaron Rogers or a young Manning or Brady probably yes.

For a guy who -could- be the next Ryan Leaf no.

In any case there is an obvious tendency to assume the QB is responsible for all a teams success and failures. If a team is dominant it's because they have a great QB. However I would argue a guy like Brees's career suggests you can go from being thought of as decent or pretty good to "elite" just by getting in the right situation in terms of supporting cast (and he had two probowl skill position players in San Diego)

Brady is great but Matt Casel took that pats team to the playoffs in his season long absence. If Cassel stayed with that same NE supporting cast could he have done that several years in a row -probably. Would that make him top tier?

Two years ago Matt Ryan was the up and coming star of the NFL and you could have started this thread with his name. now would you make a three pick trade for him?

Too much cedit for their good year too little credit for their mediocre year.