How did Tank Carder look?

I have been a fan of Tank for a couple years, and was jacked when we drafted him. He seems like a real football player. Anybody notice how he looked the other night?

Thanks.

Tank has quickness and instincts, and seemed to be around the ball carrier every play. Unfortunately he looks and plays tiny at MLB. While he gets to the ball carrier on most plays, he seemed powerless to actually tackle them.

Hopefully he can bulk up a little bit and work on his tackling technique. Carder and Bradham were popular after the draft, but so far they don't seem to be to popular with the coaches.

I'd like to see Carder get some rep's with the 1st team defense. Wish he got McKillop's 1st team rep's against Washington. I really think he will make the roster, and eventually be an impact player on this team. If nothing else, he will provide good depth and be a demon on special teams.

I thought McKillop played well, and Tank struggled. I'm assuming the coaches have seen this in camp, which is why they played it that way.

Love this thread. What I've gathered from reading it is that Tank Carder is either a future HOFer, or about to be cut.

I know! :pirate:

I thought McKillop played well, and Tank struggled. I'm assuming the coaches have seen this in camp, which is why they played it that way.

I think you're a good contributor to this board but I'm going to have to block you on account of your profile picture.

I was hopping it would just be a short loved phase but it seems its hear to stay.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I would put more puke faces but this is all TBD allows.

I know! :pirate:

I think you're a good contributor to this board but I'm going to have to block you on account of your profile picture.

I was hopping it would just be a short loved phase but it seems its hear to stay.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I would put more puke faces but this is all TBD allows.

I suppose it has run it's course, is this one better?

-Damn, that's too bad. I became a Keuchly fan, but I was very high on Carder. I hope he can get his stuff together.

I wouldnt worry about it as he said it is a very "unlearned" opinion

Carder does not look small out there

He takes great angles

He is very aggressive

On the play where he was "trucked" he came all the way from the other side of the field to be the first one into the play......and flat out facemasked him.....he was not "trucked"

He seems to have great instincts

He seems to be very fast

ALWAYS around the ball

I was there....did not notice him at all except for the face mask/holding penality. You want somebody to notice in the new guys, watch R Brooks!!

Yes because Brooks made the flashy one armed stab interception......

Christ people

I wouldnt worry about it as he said it is a very "unlearned" opinion

Carder does not look small out there

He takes great angles

He is very aggressive

On the play where he was "trucked" he came all the way from the other side of the field to be the first one into the play......and flat out facemasked him.....he was not "trucked"

He seems to have great instincts

He seems to be very fast

ALWAYS around the ball

Yes because Brooks made the flashy one armed stab interception......

Christ people

I agree with your statements about Tank. He was fast, instinctive, and always around the Ball... Unfortunately he did show one big problem, he didn't seem to be able to actually make tackles. He just kept slipping off of guys and just looked small. He needs to bulk up, and work on his tackling technique. He definitely has promise though, could be good in the long term and might be a good ST'er. I have a feeling he may be on the practice squad to start the year though, although I'm sure I'll be flamed for saying that.

As far as Brooks goes, it was far more than just the interception. He looked great on every play he was on the field. He showed the ability to stick to guys like glue, combined with instincts to look for the ball. IMO, he was by far the most impressive player in that game for the Bills.

Edited by Turbosrrgood