QB will be the reason we still can't get it done

Toshiero

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The starters on O ran their two minute offense, no runs, one play action pass empty backfield or one back and all shotgun.

Fitz missed a few throws and connected on a few. If they were trying to win there would have been more short passes of even a drive plan. I didt see any audibles or protection adjustments either.

Also, this team needs wood back. He may be the most important player on o.

Agrred! Wood is a stud in the middle. The amount of people freaking out over the 1st pre-season game is ridiculous. No game planning, just vanilla all around.

Fitz isn't getting the job done either, he is the worst starting QB in the NFL hands down,. He is the worse because he is not getting any better, he was worse last year then the year before, and has already reached his ceiling, there is nothing higher for him, and it is just not good enough.

I would cut him right now.

post-1661-0-69413600-1344645745_thumb.jpg

I like Fitz, he has great intangibles, & I thought he did a great job at the beginning of last year... and I know it was limited action in the 1st pre-season game... but I didn't notice any real difference re: change in mechanics taught by the new QB coach, he looked about the same to me.

I like Fitz, he has great intangibles, & I thought he did a great job at the beginning of last year... and I know it was limited action in the 1st pre-season game... but I didn't notice any real difference re: change in mechanics taught by the new QB coach, he looked about the same to me.

It's a software issue in the accuracy dynamics, and should be worked out by next week.

the difference is Brady, Brees and Rogers have players around them. Check out Brees prior to coming over the the Saints pretty cut and dry

Brady, Brees and Rodgers makes their WRs look better than they appear in my opinion. Marques Colston is one of the most overrated WRs in the NFL. You honestly think Lance Moore, Colston, Meachem and Devery Henderson are legit WRs? I don't.

Brees PRIOR to coming to the Saints? His last 2 years, he almost posted the exact same stats he posted his 1st 2 years in New Orleans. Same amount of TDs, completion percentage is almost the same, TD to TO ratio about the same. The only thing different is yardage and pass attempts which should be credited more towards Payton than Brees. Brees didn't run a pass first offense when he was with the Chargers.

I bet if Brees, Brady or Rodgers played here, Stevie's numbers would be through the roof.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

New QB coach, old QB coach, FItz is nothing but another Fan favorite / Feel good story that we will cut years too late.

Oh thank you very much. I won't have to watch any games this year because you have predicted the future.

Can you give me the winning Powerball numbers also.

Troll

6 pages of this post and Toshiero STILL can't come up with a viable option at QB. Ok, Toshiero, I appoint you GM. Who, what, when, where, why, and how would you go about getting the QB of the future?

IIRC, the Bills picked AFTER Cam Newton was selected. The guy they got is a great player. That was the closest that they have been in almost a decade at getting the top rated QB in the draft. Top free agent QB you say? How on earth can they afford to pay Mario $96 million, and a top name QB top pay at the same time without trading away Buffalos future base talent? Trade for a top 2 pick in the draft you say? Trade what? Two future first rounders for an unproven QB?

Toshiero, I'll call you Tosh for short ok? Tosh, we all know you hate this organization. You complain about with every post. Give it a rest. Let Buddy build this franchise. If Fitz doesn't work out rest assured Bills fans will have a new QB to B word about.

I've said it before, and I'll mention it here again - what a difference one very good WR would make on this team! Then, all of a sudden these guys we look at as "potentially #2's" could become excellent #3's. Perhaps one of them will blossom into what we need; but, if not, next offseason will definitely be spent on aquiring a developmental, if not potential frachise, QB, and a top end WR. I believe with those 2 additions, we'd be a very solid bet on going into the playoffs for a few years to come.

And, by the way, Fitz's contract is not really as detrimental to the franchise as was suggested. His contract pays him money that QB's in the top half of the league make, from, say, 15-8th, but certainly not elite, and, we could dump him next year and be off the hook for most, if not the rest, of it. So, he's definitely got to prove himself, but either way he will have been paid handsomely for his services.

I'm not saying we're going to dump Fitz after this season, but I hope we don't pin our hopes on a rookie next year. We don't have the talent level at other positions to carry a rookie QB into the playoffs.

You will eat these words, when this year one of the network talking-heads accidentally refers to Cards WR as Larry Fitzpatrick.

Why not? How many times have we heard referenced to "Ryan Fitzgerald?"

What he said.

So wait, is he average, as you say here, or is he "terrible" and the "worst unchallenged starting QB in the NFL", as you said in the other thread?

Average I agree with (as I've said many, many times including in this very thread)..."terrible" is hyperbole.

By the way, if you want to talk facts, every stat I posted is fact as well...you can say his TDs are a product of playing from behind, but can't I say that his interceptions are as well, since they are a result of him having to force plays to make up for a defense that couldn't stop anyone last year?

Two sides to that argument...even you have to be reasonable enough to see that dichotomy.

Right, the guy that finished in the top 10 in the NFL in completion percentage last year normally completes 6 out of 15 passes...

You're not doing much for your credibility stating things like the above.

You won't derail this vendetta. Just add to ignore.... Everyone is doing it.

We never should have paid fitz all that money. He's a career backup, scares no one. All that money knowing what he is was ridiculous. Should have kept our powder dry and signed Flynn from packers who Seattle got for less than we paid Fitz ! Sure he hasn't played a lot but his performances were oustanding and his upside unknown and potentially huge.

I cannot imagine how those of us that believe Fitz to be an average NFL QB at worst

There's your problem right there... He's an average NFL QB at best. He's had plenty of time in the NFL to prove otherwise, he has failed to do so. And all you chumps have failed to see that.

Just keep drinking that Koolaid the Bills are pouring for you. I don't know how you guys can keep a smile on your face while drinking that cat piss.

Edited by ETD66SS

Folks also forget that Fitz is a notorious slow starter. I thought he looked better than the stat line showed.

But what the hey we need to piss and moan about something right?

There's your problem right there... He's an average NFL QB at best. He's had plenty of time in the NFL to prove otherwise, he has failed to do so. And all you chumps have failed to see that.

Just keep drinking that Koolaid the Bills are pouring for you. I don't know how you guys can keep a smile on your face while drinking that cat piss.

Sorry but I will sign up for the guy that has proven he can get 25 TDS and 4000 yards just about every time. Then you throw in Fitz character, leadership qualities, i'm in.

Too all you idiots bitching, what do you want from the QB position? You all hate Fitz but you never come up with a better solution. I would like 40+ TDS and 5000 yards also, that's not just waiting around for it's phone to ring for a tryout. So what do you want? Explain instead of whining!

Actually, I don't have a problem.

I have a different opinion than you.

You believe that one season as a starter is enough to prove that Fitz cannot continue to improve. I think his 2011 season showed me that he can indeed continue to improve.

If there's a problem here, it's that some folks believe they need to divide Bills' fans into "kool aid drinkers" and "doomsdayers". There are plenty of fans that simply have an opinion on a player. People like you cannot fathom that, so you argue and insinuate that we're just ignorantly plodding along in our fandom.

This may come as a shock to you, but other people--in all areas of life (not just football)--will have different opinions than yours. That doesn't make them stupid, and thiking so doesn't make you smart. I've heard that the truly intelligent don't believe that anyone is stupid, but rather make room for others opinions, vis-a-vis: the smartest people know that they don't know everything.

As for the consumption of cat piss, based on your attitude, I'd say you may want to check your morning wheaties...

No, it's just mod's of forums like these tend to have a delusional self importance complex, similar to border crossing agents with their high & mighty attitudes.

Irony?

I try really hard not to put people on ignore...and like I said, I do try to make room for others opinions. I'm really just trying to see what guys like Tosh see when they look at a completely non-consequential pre-season game and use it to "prove" that the QB can't get the job done.

The only part that rankles me is how folks feel they need to be so fervent in taking one side or the other, and both sides are ridiculous. He's not a proven top QB, and he's not a proven loser. He played well at points last year, and played poorly at points. He did some things well (lots of TDs, good completion percentage), and he did some things poorly (forcing throws, poor decision making when playing from behind). He's got a chance this year to raise his level of play to among the top 10, or he'll likely not be with the team next year.

Simple as that in my opinion. Why some people refuse to let others have it that way is confounding to say the least.

6 pages of this post and Toshiero STILL can't come up with a viable option at QB. Ok, Toshiero, I appoint you GM. Who, what, when, where, why, and how would you go about getting the QB of the future?

IIRC, the Bills picked AFTER Cam Newton was selected. The guy they got is a great player. That was the closest that they have been in almost a decade at getting the top rated QB in the draft. Top free agent QB you say? How on earth can they afford to pay Mario $96 million, and a top name QB top pay at the same time without trading away Buffalos future base talent? Trade for a top 2 pick in the draft you say? Trade what? Two future first rounders for an unproven QB?

Toshiero, I'll call you Tosh for short ok? Tosh, we all know you hate this organization. You complain about with every post. Give it a rest. Let Buddy build this franchise. If Fitz doesn't work out rest assured Bills fans will have a new QB to B word about.

Can we add paintmyhouse and ETD to the front office too?

But the bad thing about ignore is that the thread they start still comes up. The post they post is just hidden by a question that asks if you want to read that ignored persons post. With my curiosity, I have to click see post.