current depth chart released

Ruvell Martin :sick: Tashard Choice :sick: Leodis :sick: personally I prefer we keep Edwards and Spenser Johnson (just haven't seen anything out of Carrington at least last year and Troupe????).

I want to see Corey make the team, Rosie, Easley (would they keep 6wrs ?) Dickerson (have him back up Freddie and especially CJ) but list him as a TE. I wonder if they can or will try to stash a 5th rounder (Tank) on the PS. And yeah FS needs a back up if these guys are lacking (Nesbitt is PS material if need be though I think)

It is all numbers games from here on out, many camp bodies who would have made the team in the past, will be gone. Is it too early for the surprise cuts post yet? Mine would be VY at this point.

Edited by bowery4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Morrison really didn't play at all last year, so I don't know who the Morrison haters were watching. When he actually did get a few snaps at the end of the season, he was ILB in a 3-4 playing out of his natural position.

I think Morrison is going to be an above average OLB for us this year.

I hope you are right.

It seemed like every time I saw him last year, he was whiffing or looked super slow. I just can't envision him being fast enough to play OLB in a 4-3 when he looked like molasses in a 3-4.

It seemed like every time I saw him last year, he was whiffing or looked super slow. I just can't envision him being fast enough to play OLB in a 4-3 when he looked like molasses in a 3-4.

You're exaggerating and you know it.

At worst he looked as slow as high-fructose corn syrup.

I hope you are right.

Have you ever watched him play extended? He's at times been a very dynamic playmaker in the 43(honestly for extended periods. I do wonder if something happened though as his fall from grace was sudden.

:rolleyes: Yes, I know it would mean putting Brooks through waivers but I kept looking at the DB's and based on what we have heard so far it would appear he is the odd man out. And, like many other Bills' cuts this year there is a good chance someone else would pick him up. I just don't see them cutting Leodis and so it comes down to how many DB's we keep.

Ron Brooks has too much value as a gunner on the punt coverage team to be placed on the practice squad, although, as previously noted he will NEVER clear waivers. Essentially, having Brooks makes Ruvell Martin expendable....freeing up another spot for a WR (Perhaps Aiken or Clowney), John Potter, or perhaps Dorin Dickerson

just a motivating tool. fluff.

Morrison haters beware. he played little last year and hardly any tape on him. Because they decided to break Kelvin in for the future.

This guy Kirk has been a starter as long as he played till he got here. And i dont think he missed any games.

But i do hope that Bradham develops quickly enough to get on the field and have an IMPACT this season.

Scott is a LB playing a hybrid role as folks mentioned. we have alot of linebacker packages and versatilty to cope with most offenses. Both Barnett or Morrison can move to the middle and or qb the defense for Wannstadt if Shepp comes out.

Morrison was BY FAR the most effective playing OLB in the 4-3. Look at his tackle #'s playing for the Raiders from 05-09 116, 127, 120, 135, & 133. He's back playing at his position of strength. We'll see if he still has some gas left in the tank.

Morrison will be fine. He'll only be on the field about 40% of the time and has a long track record in the NFL.

Martin is special teams. Don't be shocked if he makes the team on that basis alone.

The whole depth chart is slanted away from this year's draft picks (with the exception of Gilmore). That is, I think their spots are a reflection of seniority rather than any predictor of making the cut. I think Gailey wants the young guys to earn it. We're not cutting Graham, Brooks, Carder, or Bradham. Asper and Sanders probably have to win their spots.

Heard over Troupe and Moats over White are the only two that I think are worth noting as predictive. Possibly Hagan as #4 WR, but Gailey had said as much already.

1344205461[/url]' post='2522083']

Morrison was BY FAR the most effective playing OLB in the 4-3. Look at his tackle #'s playing for the Raiders from 05-09 116, 127, 120, 135, & 133. He's back playing at his position of strength. We'll see if he still has some gas left in the tank.

I thought Morrison started at MLB for Oakland

You're exaggerating and you know it.

At worst he looked as slow as high-fructose corn syrup.

I'm not sure what's slower. I think you only need one drop of fructose to a gallon of molasses. But I will give Morrison the benefit of the doubt and say he is as slow only as hugh-fructose corn syrup.

Btw, I will be thrilled if the guy has just a decent season, and you can all call me out.

Not to say Im more of an expert then the staff, but what is it they exactly see in jones? What has he remotely done to warrant the #2 jobs. Also I know martin is good on special teams, but if easley really is healthy there is no way in hell I would like to see him cut.

I was asking the same thing about Steve Johnson a few years ago... I really think Jones was coming along pretty nicely last year, before injuries (on him and everyone else) took their toll. I hate to say it, but I also think if Fitz improves his accuracy issues some, Jones will look a little better. I like Jones and Hagan.