Away Games

judman

Where is a good place to see the Bills play when they are not in RWS?

I got a buddy in Colorado, and checked on the future schedule. I think i might try for the 2014 game at Mile High.

Any experiences to pass along from the road?

Have been to games in Miami (2x), Cincy (3x), Jax, and Indy (RCA dome). Miami fans are idiots but atmosphere there has been good due to the amount of Bills fans there. Despite the awful game there last year, we had a great setup with the Bills backers group in Hollywood. At the big easy bar they had pregame warmup party night before with Sabres game on followed by a show by Tom Santori. Day of game they had a party from 8-11 all you can eat and drink folowed by coach bus transfers too and from stadium with booze on the bus. Total cost $30 I think. Doesn't get much better than that.

Cincy is decent. They have one "main" tailgate area and bunch of other scattered areas. Fans are generally friendly, in their mind as long as youre not in Black & yellow you are ok. Lines for port o pottys in lots are insane, by mid morning I was venturing over near the railroad tracks to take a leak.

Jax was a complete joke as far as pregame atmosphere/tailgating goes. Stadium is in a great spot on the river downtown and there is a cheap water taxi that takes you from hotels across the river to the stadium. You can bring open alcohol on the boat. The tailgating is pretty much confined to an area under a highway overpass and is about as intense as a preseason game. Stadium half empty and just an overall lack of enthusiasm. Everything seems "forced".

Indy was somewhat similar. Tailgating sucks due to downtown stadium. Lots of uninformed fans that jumped on the Peyton bandwagon but most were pretty friendly. I thought it was kind of weird seeing football inside. Felt too sterile. More like a hockey game. I'll be going to lucas oil this year and looking forward to it just because it's such a massive structure.

Might make it to Cleveland game this year not sure about the setup there. I really wanted to go to Arizona this year but have a conflict this weekend. I've kind of decided to make the Miami game an annual trip when it works for my schedule just because it's worked out so well logistically. A little golf, a trip to south beach, and then staying a little closer to the stadium in Hollywood which still has some decent nightlife but isn't as expensive as south beach. Next year I'll definitely be going to the game in New Orleans. Also decided to go to Nashville next time we play there, it's a great city. Also, have an in with Panthers tickets next time we play there. Wife's aunts' future husband has seats on the 50 a few rows up. Got invited last time but couldn't go. Really like seeing some of the other stadiums and it's fun and different to be cheering for the road team. That said, wouldn't trade the Ralph for a thing!

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

Where is a good place to see the Bills play when they are not in RWS?

I got a buddy in Colorado, and checked on the future schedule. I think i might try for the 2014 game at Mile High.

Any experiences to pass along from the road?

Memo to Howard Pearlman:

This is where it would be appropriate to ask where the person is traveling from.

Toronto

Sarcasm i hope?

Ive been to Lucas Oil Stadium, and it is in no way for tailgating. Its in a pretty populated part of the city, so theres no real place to do it there. Fans are friendly, but not very informed (obviously not all fans, but majority). i had to ask multiple fans last year wearing Colts jerseys who their 1st rd pick was to get an answer.

spoke with a Buffalo transplant, who made indy his second team. he said it this way "they are mostly Peyton band wagon fans, they love their Pacers, but after Manning retires they will probably all give up on the team until they get relocated." well lucky for them they hit the lotto twice.

i was also thinking about going to Cleveland game this year... anyone have any experience there?

Edited by AReed Deep For6

Whoa, planning ahead there. 2014? Lets try to make it to 2013 before we plan on going to a Bills game 2 years down the road.

Easy there, man. If I'm going to Denver for a football game, I need some time to save up.

My buddy was in town yesterday, and we were drinking some beer and talking some football... a two-year plan for a game seems perfectly logical.

Miami...multiple great experiences there. Mainly because we traveled with 20 or so in our party and didn't do the "tourist" thing with the Salvatore's party. We stayed in South Beach...actually found a hotel, The Fairwind, on Ocean & 9th for $89/night...we came to find out why as each room is equipped with enough DNA to shoot an entire season of CSI. Anyway, the Clevelander cooked up our days catch for us for $20....which was a sh*t ton of Mahi...afro wigs galore, home made t-shirts reading "got pot" with Williams, #34 on the back...tv interviews on the beach with a Brazilian Adult TV show on permiscuity (sp). Hitting a topless sunbather directly in the chest with a football (awesome ( o )( o )'s) *Cuban Coffee*=instant sober! Cuban sandwiches, shared with "street folk" on the corner & an impromptu visit to one of Miami's finest strip clubs.

By the end of the first trip, the hotel became known as The Breakwind. However, you could order a surf & turf @ 4am if you so chose, which was actually decent considering the condition of the rooms. Oh, the hotel bar was fantastic and ridiculously cheap...I mean, Buffalo happy hour prices in Miami.

Easy there, man. If I'm going to Denver for a football game, I need some time to save up.

My buddy was in town yesterday, and we were drinking some beer and talking some football... a two-year plan for a game seems perfectly logical.

I was actually referring to the end of the world prediction on Dec 21, 2012, not the fact that you plan two years ahead. I'm planning things that are 4-10 years away and I got a 5 year plan on going to the TBD tailgate so if anyone plans ahead here, its me.

Miami...multiple great experiences there. Mainly because we traveled with 20 or so in our party and didn't do the "tourist" thing with the Salvatore's party. We stayed in South Beach...actually found a hotel, The Fairwind, on Ocean & 9th for $89/night...we came to find out why as each room is equipped with enough DNA to shoot an entire season of CSI. Anyway, the Clevelander cooked up our days catch for us for $20....which was a sh*t ton of Mahi...afro wigs galore, home made t-shirts reading "got pot" with Williams, #34 on the back...tv interviews on the beach with a Brazilian Adult TV show on permiscuity (sp). Hitting a topless sunbather directly in the chest with a football (awesome ( o )( o )'s) *Cuban Coffee*=instant sober! Cuban sandwiches, shared with "street folk" on the corner & an impromptu visit to one of Miami's finest strip clubs.

By the end of the first trip, the hotel became known as The Breakwind. However, you could order a surf & turf @ 4am if you so chose, which was actually decent considering the condition of the rooms. Oh, the hotel bar was fantastic and ridiculously cheap...I mean, Buffalo happy hour prices in Miami.

Sounds like a nice break from the usual sanitized vacation experience. You traded off some sleaze tolerance for some real hedonism.

Good trade-off every once in awhile!

Great story too.

Sounds like a nice break from the usual sanitized vacation experience. You traded off some sleaze tolerance for some real hedonism.

Good trade-off every once in awhile!

Great story too.

Each and every one of us needed to be sanitized after that trip...

I've been to Bills away games in Dallas (Texas Stadium pre season), Houston, New Orleans, and Seattle.

I would say that New Orleans might have been the best. Houston was good as well. The Seattle game should be in Seattle this year but since NFL players are wimps and can't fly cross country more than twice a season or whatever, it won't be. Screw fans with DFS.

Seattle would be good, but the next game won't be here until 2016.

So I'd say go to Houston or New Orleans.

I've been to Bills away games in Dallas (Texas Stadium pre season), Houston, New Orleans, and Seattle.

I would say that New Orleans might have been the best. Houston was good as well. The Seattle game should be in Seattle this year but since NFL players are wimps and can't fly cross country more than twice a season or whatever, it won't be. Screw fans with DFS.

Seattle would be good, but the next game won't be here until 2016.

So I'd say go to Houston or New Orleans.

Reddog, can you be more specific - what was it about Houston that you liked? Stadium, atmosphere, city, etc? I haven't been to Reliant for a football game yet but I bought tickets to the Bills game this year and can't wait.

My dad and I have done a road trip for the last ten years or so--Denver, Jacksonville, Oakland (twice), KC, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Green Bay, Dallas--and I've also seen the Bills in Philly, NY and SF (where we're also going this year). Favorites would be Pittsburgh (everyone very friendly and football knowledgeable, down to the old ladies we met at the Warhol Museum) and Green Bay (take the Lambeau tour, it was so awesome I did it twice).....