Aug 1st training camp

mrags

Ok, just got back home from camp tonight and thought i'd fill everyone in on way I noticed:

Gilmore had a rough night IMO. Got burned a few times, not always the go to WR but he was often a few yards away from his man. As opposed to last Sunday when I saw him he was giving much more of a cushion tonight and it didn't seem to work. He got burned bad by Aiken who was hit hard by Byrd (I think). Made the whole crowd ohhh and ahhh.

Anderson was starting at RDE tonight and looked good.

Merriman was with the 2nd team at RDE and also looked like he was going full speed.

Kelsey mainly played LDE with the 2nd team but spelled Mario at times.

Mario seemed tired to me tonight. Had a big batted ball. Looked like Dennis Rodman stuffing the ball right back into someones face.

All the DEs mixed in and out between the 1st and 2nd teams a bit on 11v11s.

Easley had stone hands tonight. Had a few balls pop right out after he got his hands on it.

Graham is FAST!!! Blew by McGee for a ball that should have been a sideline catch but couldn't hang on.

McGee still with the 2nd team. On the sideline alot working on his legs it seems.

Young wasn't great but wasn't horrible against a defense but his balls were nice in WR drills. He throws a really tight ball. I'm absolutely confident with him being our #2.

Pigpen should just hang em up now. Didn't notice a good play all night.

Fitz looked good. He seems to be getting better to me but I guess well see against another team. He threw a ball that was tipped back to him and he caught it but fell trying to run it. Also threw another that was batted and caught by Spencer Johnson for a TD.

Speaking of Spencer Johnson. He will make the team. Fhe best I've ever seen him. Just works his @$$ off on every play.

CJ looked good. Very elusive as usual from the RB position. Had a few kicks with good returns as did McKelvin.

Fred was invisable to me tonight. Didn't even see him playing with his kids on the field after practice.

Glenn held his own at LT tonight. Anderson didn't get much by him that I noticed.

Dareus and Williams both had good pressure tonight.

Chandler had magnets for hands tonight. Was catching everything an looked good.

Stevie showed me in WR drills why he's so good at getting open. It looks like the other WRs are being lazy and not trying on every play compared to Stevie. He is 100% on every play, every drill, every time. Graham probably second as far as effort Imo. Jones, Hagan, Roosevelt looked lazy.

Bradham seems like he plays with a mean streak. On one play he ran the RB (I think) out of bounds and gave him a little extra push. I seriously thought there was gonna be a Romanowski moment after it happened.

Sanders had a would be offsides call :-(

Carder and Brooks were invisable

Players that stayed late to sign autographs:

Mario

K. Williams

Dareus

Morman

Moore

Fitz

Wilson

Merriman

Young

Chandler

That's all I can think of off the tip of my head. If you have any questions, give me a ringa-ding and I'll try and remember for ya.

Ah. Thanks jboy

on another late note. The young kid Potter is awesome. My buddy who I was with was a kicker in High school and probably couldve played in college if he had the desire to was in awe of him. We noticed things like Potter and Lindell kicking about the same distance on kickoffs only Lindell was taking full run ups to the ball and Potter was only taking 1-2 steps for the same distance. As pointed out in another thread, it all depends in if Potter can do it under pressure and in the elements at the Ralph in fall and winter. But boy is this kid good.

Just a quick note on Gilmore. Heard on the radio, (not sure what program) an interview with David Nelson. He said Gilmore is awesome for a rookie, if he gets beat he ask the receiver what he (Gilmore) did wrong. Nelson also said Gilmore has a bit of a nagging hamstring or groin problem right now. Could be why he was off tonight. I think it was Fox or ESPN and was called "out to camp"

Thanks Bills I'm Maine. Never heard that. He defenately looked worse tonight than on Sunday. Not sure if it was the injury or not. He seemed like he let his early bad plays dictate the rest of camp for him. Hopefully it's not true as corners need to not have good memories when it comes to that stuff.

Good post.

I would add that as we finish week one of training camp that a lot of players are pretty worn down… especially wideouts and DBs.

On top of that, 3 of the last 4 practices have been in full pads and we're starting to see some attrition in the ranks with more and more non-participants with each practice.

The Bills don't have another non-practice day until Sunday so there will be no rest for the weary unless Gailey gives the team an unexpected day off or they mix in an extra walk-through session.

Mario seemed tired to me tonight.

Mario

K. Williams

Dareus

Morman

Moore

Fitz

Wilson

Merriman

Young

Chandler

I couldn't go last night but my family did. My 11 year old daughter disagreed with your Mario statement based on a text I got from her towards the end of practice ... "Mario is rockin out on defense!" :)

It is amazing the impact a simple thing like signing autographs can have on the younger fans. My kids came back all smiles after getting several last night. And look at that list, these aren't practice squad camp fodder guys. It's a great thing to see.

Was Troupe out there and if he was did you notice anything special?

Honestly. I thought hebeas out there and with the 1st at one point in 11v11. Then the okay was over and it was Spencer Johnson. I thought I saw him but never noticed him playing. Sorry.

Code-

There were defenately plays that Mario was rockin. I won't deny that. But A few times I saw him pat his helmet and then someone came in for him in the next few plays. I didn't think it was normal since I saw him motion for a sub. It was hot last night and he wasn't the only one. Like I siad, I thought all the WRs except Stevie and TJ looked lazy and Gilmore looked the worst I've seen Him so far.

Spencer Johnson is an absolute lock to make this team. I always had him penciled in as one of our final 53 anyways, but I truly do love the versatility he has. He can play DT, he can play DE, he's got plenty of experience with the team and he never quits.

I think one of the most interesting cuts will come at the DT spot. You figure Williams, Dareus and Johnson are pretty much in. Then who? The coaches seem to love Dwan Edwards, despite his price tag (and truth be told he is not a bad player by any means), but do they keep him over a recent 3rd rounder in Carrington and a recent 2nd rounder in Troup?

My prediction? The Bills keep 5 DTs on roster (Williams, Dareus, Johnson, Edwards and Carrington). Troup is cut after not being able to get on the field due to injury.

Another player with a couple of nice plays was Prince Miller. He absolutely stole a ball from Ruvell Martin for one pick and had another later. I doubt he makes the team but it deserves a mention.

I did see Mario just put right tackle Sam Young down on his back with one arm during line drills.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Another player with a couple of nice plays was Prince Miller. He absolutely stole a ball from Ruvell Martin for one pick and had another later. I doubt he makes the team but it deserves a mention.

I did see Mario just put right tackle Sam Young down on his back with one arm during line drills.

Thanks Jay. Forgot about Miller. he had a good night for sure.

I was at the opposite end zone during drills so I didn't see the line drills that much. That's why I was able to see the lazy WR play tonight.

Thanks

Ok, just got back home from camp tonight and thought i'd fill everyone in on way I noticed:

Gilmore had a rough night IMO. Got burned a few times, not always the go to WR but he was often a few yards away from his man. As opposed to last Sunday when I saw him he was giving much more of a cushion tonight and it didn't seem to work. He got burned bad by Aiken who was hit hard by Byrd (I think). Made the whole crowd ohhh and ahhh.

Anderson was starting at RDE tonight and looked good.

Merriman was with the 2nd team at RDE and also looked like he was going full speed.

Kelsey mainly played LDE with the 2nd team but spelled Mario at times.

Mario seemed tired to me tonight. Had a big batted ball. Looked like Dennis Rodman stuffing the ball right back into someones face.

All the DEs mixed in and out between the 1st and 2nd teams a bit on 11v11s.

Easley had stone hands tonight. Had a few balls pop right out after he got his hands on it.

Graham is FAST!!! Blew by McGee for a ball that should have been a sideline catch but couldn't hang on.

McGee still with the 2nd team. On the sideline alot working on his legs it seems.

Young wasn't great but wasn't horrible against a defense but his balls were nice in WR drills. He throws a really tight ball. I'm absolutely confident with him being our #2.

Pigpen should just hang em up now. Didn't notice a good play all night.

Fitz looked good. He seems to be getting better to me but I guess well see against another team. He threw a ball that was tipped back to him and he caught it but fell trying to run it. Also threw another that was batted and caught by Spencer Johnson for a TD.

Speaking of Spencer Johnson. He will make the team. Fhe best I've ever seen him. Just works his @$$ off on every play.

CJ looked good. Very elusive as usual from the RB position. Had a few kicks with good returns as did McKelvin.

Fred was invisable to me tonight. Didn't even see him playing with his kids on the field after practice.

Glenn held his own at LT tonight. Anderson didn't get much by him that I noticed.

Dareus and Williams both had good pressure tonight.

Chandler had magnets for hands tonight. Was catching everything an looked good.

Stevie showed me in WR drills why he's so good at getting open. It looks like the other WRs are being lazy and not trying on every play compared to Stevie. He is 100% on every play, every drill, every time. Graham probably second as far as effort Imo. Jones, Hagan, Roosevelt looked lazy.

Bradham seems like he plays with a mean streak. On one play he ran the RB (I think) out of bounds and gave him a little extra push. I seriously thought there was gonna be a Romanowski moment after it happened.

Sanders had a would be offsides call :-(

Carder and Brooks were invisable

Mario

K. Williams

Dareus

Morman

Moore

Fitz

Wilson

Merriman

Young

Chandler

That's all I can think of off the tip of my head. If you have any questions, give me a ringa-ding and I'll try and remember for ya.

THANKS!!!

fantastic report rags... in a post cool, but in a report, for objectivities' sake, you may want to call him Thigpen until he's cut... but that's up to you.

Eh. I was Major fan of bringing him in when we did. Thought he might end up the starter at some point because of what he was able to do in KC under Chan but I can't see it anymore. He looks horrible. I fear for the team if he's gotta come in and don't think he could win a game if needed. Until he shows me otherwise, I give him no respect. I will call him Thigpen from now on until he is cut and starts bad mouthing the Bills and the City.

The only respectable report I have on Thigpen is this:

as I was waiting at the railings for Mario and others to sign autographs, I noticed 2 extremely hot girls (and I say girls cuz they couldn't have been older than early 20s) waiting near me. I kept hearing one of them say "where's Tyler?" I didn't realize who they were talking about until I saw her look at her phone and I couldn't help but notice a text message from Tyler Thigpe asking where they were. Kudos to him for having very good taste. And I'm a little jealous.

Eh. I was Major fan of bringing him in when we did. Thought he might end up the starter at some point because of what he was able to do in KC under Chan but I can't see it anymore. He looks horrible. I fear for the team if he's gotta come in and don't think he could win a game if needed. Until he shows me otherwise, I give him no respect. I will call him Thigpen from now on until he is cut and starts bad mouthing the Bills and the City.

The only respectable report I have on Thigpen is this:

as I was waiting at the railings for Mario and others to sign autographs, I noticed 2 extremely hot girls (and I say girls cuz they couldn't have been older than early 20s) waiting near me. I kept hearing one of them say "where's Tyler?" I didn't realize who they were talking about until I saw her look at her phone and I couldn't help but notice a text message from Tyler Thigpe asking where they were. Kudos to him for having very good taste. And I'm a little jealous.

inside info... excellent... perhaps he has earned the "pig"pen name after all...