Weapons of Mass Destruction

Yahoo news via Ace

UK Experts To Assist In Destruction of Saddam Hussein's Remaining Stores of Chemical Weapons

—Ace

Yes, you read that correctly. Not even a hint of acknowledgement in this AP report that the question of Saddam Hussein's chemical warfare stocks is something of a contentious point in US and world politics.

So, these chemical weapons will be destroyed, without anyone much bothering to note that they exist.

Britain will help the Iraqi government dispose of what's left of deposed Iraqi dictator Saddam
Hussein's chemical weapons, still stored in two bunkers
in north of Baghdad, the British embassy in Baghdad announced Monday....

Saddam stored the chemical weapons near population centers so that he could access them quickly, despite the danger to his civilian population.

It's possible that these weapons were stored under UN seal, as some of Iraq's uranium was; that is to say, it's possible these stores were already acknowledged and hence already "counted." Bear in mind I'm just speculating about that possibility. The article doesn't point anything like that out.

Let that sink in a bit.

so bush lied about there being WMDs beforehand and then lied about they're not being WMDs afterwards?

That kind of bizarre behavior out of a president really does take a while to sink in

Bush Bad! It is Bush's fault, before that it was Clinton's fault... Soon to be Obama's fault. One thing is for sure... Romney is NOT Obama!... Mitt's gonna take all the lady's to heaven on his coat tails! Go Mitt go!

Bush Bad! It is Bush's fault, before that it was Clinton's fault... Soon to be Obama's fault. One thing is for sure... Romney is NOT Obama!... Mitt's gonna take all the lady's to heaven on his coat tails! Go Mitt go!

Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.

At this point, they're nothing more than toxic waste anyway. If I had to guess, they probably were when we invaded: Iraqi chemical weapons had a very short shelf life.

That's right. The potent stuff was moved to Syria to avoid capture- like they flew their fighter planes to Iran. :ph34r:

That's right. The potent stuff was moved to Syria to avoid capture- like they flew their fighter planes to Iran. :ph34r:

Still wouldn't have lasted. I think even their mustard gas had a six-month shelf life, max. I hope Syria's enjoying their sludge.

My sarcasm meter is broken... is this legit or a joke?

Sorry for the confusion.

Legit in Gulf War 1 Act 1: the Iraqi Air Force, after realizing in a couple of days that they were going to be annihilated on the ground, basically flew to "safety" in Iran...an the Iranians said "Gee, thanks for the shiny new planes!"

That's a big reason why the Iraqi Air Force currently basically amounts to an old C-130, a couple of Cessnas, and some hot air balloons.

Legit in Gulf War 1 Act 1: the Iraqi Air Force, after realizing in a couple of days that they were going to be annihilated on the ground, basically flew to "safety" in Iran...an the Iranians said "Gee, thanks for the shiny new planes!"

That's a big reason why the Iraqi Air Force currently basically amounts to an old C-130, a couple of Cessnas, and some hot air balloons.

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

Nope. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

Nope. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

What, did you sleep through the early '90s? :unsure:

Too bad. You missed the classic moment where Saddam basically said that he expected the planes to be returned after the war, and the Iranians basically responded " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:"

What, did you sleep through the early '90s? :unsure:

Too bad. You missed the classic moment where Saddam basically said that he expected the planes to be returned after the war, and the Iranians basically responded " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:"

That's hilarious! I had no idea.

...I was too busy being a stupid in the 90s to pay attention to much other than girls and sports.

And they packed their bacterial and viral strains for biologicals in several wheeled Liquid nitrogen tanks (we called them R2D2s) and drove them in a van to Syria.

Kadafi said that Saddam was doing his nuclear research in Libya.

That's hilarious! I had no idea.

...I was too busy being a stupid in the 90s to pay attention to much other than girls and sports.

Thanks to others for the follow up. I can't post as often as I'd like.

There were also several SuperBowls that happened around then. I hope you didn't miss those. Wait... maybe you're better off if you did.