Anthrozoology

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my life lately and thus far have come up empty. I have two degrees, one in Environmental Studies and one in psychology. Bachelors degrees in both of those fields are basically high school diplomas so I have been trying to find a way to combine those degrees into something interesting and worth while. The other day I stumbled across this program at Canisius http://www.canisius.edu/masters-degree-in-anthrozoology/ Basically it looks like psychology program but a very very light one. Some of the classes seem interesting and worth while (Animal Behavior/Animal Communication, Mental Lives of Animals) That is all cognition type stuff thats really interesting to me, but others (Understanding Indifference and Animal Abuse) make me think its like a graduate activists program which isnt what i want to do. (Activism frankly pisses me off)

Has anyone ever heard of this or what kind of careers come out of something like this? Is this even worth my time as a legitimate program? I ask here because you guys will give me a straight answer. All I have been able to find is a few non profits and a linkedin conversation that one girl raves about how interesting it is.

Anyone have knowledge on this?

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my life lately and thus far have come up empty. I have two degrees, one in Environmental Studies and one in psychology. Bachelors degrees in both of those fields are basically high school diplomas so I have been trying to find a way to combine those degrees into something interesting and worth while. The other day I stumbled across this program at Canisius http://www.canisius.edu/masters-degree-in-anthrozoology/ Basically it looks like psychology program but a very very light one. Some of the classes seem interesting and worth while (Animal Behavior/Animal Communication, Mental Lives of Animals) That is all cognition type stuff thats really interesting to me, but others (Understanding Indifference and Animal Abuse) make me think its like a graduate activists program which isnt what i want to do. (Activism frankly pisses me off)

Has anyone ever heard of this or what kind of careers come out of something like this? Is this even worth my time as a legitimate program? I ask here because you guys will give me a straight answer. All I have been able to find is a few non profits and a linkedin conversation that one girl raves about how interesting it is.

It's a relatively new "discipline", and given that includes anthropology, psychology, zoology, veterinary medicine, and ethics, my first reaction to "online Master's in anthrozoology" is "bull ****." You're going to learn to be a philosopher psycho-vet anthropologist online?

This may be where you're

It's a relatively new "discipline", and given that includes anthropology, psychology, zoology, veterinary medicine, and ethics, my first reaction to "online Master's in anthrozoology" is "bull ****." You're going to learn to be a philosopher psycho-vet anthropologist online?

Ya the online portion makes me nervous too. It just seemed to be interesting but I'm leaning towards no on this one

Why not? If I can learn to be an airline mechanic online...............