The more I read and hear about Gilmore the more I like

San-O

Bill Parcells once said something about losing 1 game for every rookie you start, and that may or may not be true, however the more I

see about Gilmore the more I think this guy will be the real deal. It is a critical position and mistakes are to be expected, however

sounds really good so far.

Quote from article: By Kevin Fishbain

(Gilmore)s done more than we thought he would do with what weve exposed him to, Nix told Chris Brown of the teams website. Nothing surprises him. Hes a patient guy. He doesnt bite on every move, hes smart and has deceiving strength and great speed.

Sounds like he's coming along nicely!

:)

Hopefully will turn out to be starting CB for years to come and stop the revolving door.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/07/04/bills-counting-on-rookies-at-crucial-positions

Edited by SoCal-Surf

Williams and Gilmore will be our 2 starting CBs for years and will lock up the position. I too am extremely excited about these kids.

Last year Williams impressed right from the start ... he was a BUFFALO BILL and he wanted to win! No OTA's and his injury held him back but by the end of the season he definitely was becoming a force to reckon with.

Gilmore with his quiet all business approach off the field has been making a statement since arriving in Buffalo that clearly matches his work on the field in college. We know he will get burned early on (And, like every aggressive cornerback he will get burnt on occasion later in his career too.) but in combination with Williams we will have one of the strongest pairs of CB's in the league.

And, just think .. Gilmore isn't even the best of our draft picks ... Glenn is.

hoping against all odds that mcgee or mcknumnuts surprise everybody and take the other corner job so there isnt a rookie starting the season. but since thats about as likely as me walking the falls without a tether i just hope gilmore doesnt lose us that one game that costs the playoffs

hoping against all odds that mcgee or mcknumnuts surprise everybody and take the other corner job so there isnt a rookie starting the season. but since thats about as likely as me walking the falls without a tether i just hope gilmore doesnt lose us that one game that costs the playoffs

I think McKelvin is going to suprise some people this year. Not saying he will win the starting job but I think he will have his best year yet. Rye good thing is that Gailey will play the best CB at the start. So if that's any combination of the 4 at starting CB than I'll trust in it and be pleased I'm sure.

The other point that nfl commentators don't seem to mention is not only will SG, and AW do a nice job on the outside, but the real studs in our back end are George Wilson, and Jarius Byrd. I see these two getting lots of picks, and possibly some opportunities on the 3rd and long blitzes. George has a nack for the ball.

To your point on Mckelvin, he'll have less ground to defend as he will be a third corner at best, and probably will be fine. TM will be a rotational guy and most likely extend his career with less injuries.

The more I say it, the more folks around here have begun to understand it--so I'll say it again:

For the first seven or eight games last year we HAD a pass rush. We weren't getting sacks, granted. BUT we were getting a **** load of interceptions. Once Williams and Merriman bit the dust, so did our turnover generation.

Now that we've amped up the front line AND the backfield, our defense--if healthy--will be a turnover machine, mark my words. On third and long, opposing quarterbacks will have two options: the turf or a turnover. POW

The more I say it, the more folks around here have begun to understand it--so I'll say it again:

For the first seven or eight games last year we HAD a pass rush. We weren't getting sacks, granted. BUT we were getting a **** load of interceptions. Once Williams and Merriman bit the dust, so did our turnover generation.

Now that we've amped up the front line AND the backfield, our defense--if healthy--will be a turnover machine, mark my words. On third and long, opposing quarterbacks will have two options: the turf or a turnover. POW

Agree with you - when they could not get to the QB they got their hands up and were tipping balls and blocking throwing lanes. The defense was not an illusion last year but broke down and I think lack of work in off-season contributed to it.

It's good to hear that he's making progress. I do hope that someone else manages to take the starting role, if only to help break Gilmore in. That said, when the competition in front of you is the guy who is coming off injury and hasn't had a good season in five years, or the guy who got benched six games in and has been labeled a bust...well, it looks like there is a reason that he's taking snaps as a starter.

Gilmore is exactly the type of player that you use a 1st round pick on......so was Darius

You know....its interesting because slowly the bills have turned around from being a team that busts on its first round picks and finding gems later in the draft to actually hitting on their first round picks.......which you really do want due to the amount of money they are paid......

Darius....starter......Williams.....starter.......Shep.....starter

Gilmore....starter.......Glenn.....starter.....our 3rd round pick this year wont be a starter

BUT you get my point......the top picks of the draft are quality guys......

I think our starters this year will be Gilmore and McGee with Williams replacing McGee when he gets hurt. When we play 3 CBs, Williams will play outside and McGee the slot. When McGee gets hurt, I think mckelvin will play the 3rd cb. In 2 years, I think our starters will be gilmore and brooks. I think brooks will be that good. He may play the slot when we go 3 CBs. I really like Rogers as well, but can see him being signed elsewhere for decent money because we will already have Gilmore, Williams and Brooks, when his contract is up. I'd love to have those 4 locked up for the next 5-7 years. I believe they will all be Very solid pros.

Bill Parcells once said something about losing 1 game for every rookie you start, and that may or may not be true, however the more I

see about Gilmore the more I think this guy will be the real deal. It is a critical position and mistakes are to be expected, however

sounds really good so far.

Quote from article: By Kevin Fishbain

“(Gilmore)’s done more than we thought he would do with what we’ve exposed him to,” Nix told Chris Brown of the team’s website. “Nothing surprises him. He’s a patient guy. He doesn’t bite on every move, he’s smart and has deceiving strength and great speed.”

Sounds like he's coming along nicely!

:)

Hopefully will turn out to be starting CB for years to come and stop the revolving door.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/07/04/bills-counting-on-rookies-at-crucial-positions

I believe that it was George Allen not Bill Parcells that first made that reference to rookie starters. George Allen as some may recall habitually traded draft picks for aging but serviceable vets with great success.

good pernt

white williams was a one man wrecking crew and that made all the diff in the world

now weve got a six man wrecking crew on the line and i cant wait for bradys head to be severed clean off. too far?

white williams was a one man wrecking crew

btw the nimrods who gave me a hard time about mcnabb being a black qb better be here chirping at me about referring to williams whiteness

tick tock

I just had a visual of Brady's head in a styrofoam butcher package with food service film stretched over it.

i find your imagery offensive

Living here in South Carolina now ,I am also a big Gamecocks fan,two of my children attended ,I had a chance to watch Gilmore play and I can say he is a great pick.He is one of those always around the ball and "hey where did he come" from kind of players.Very excited about this year.

Living here in South Carolina now ,I am also a big Gamecocks fan,two of my children attended ,I had a chance to watch Gilmore play and I can say he is a great pick.He is one of those always around the ball and "hey where did he come" from kind of players.Very excited about this year.

:thumbsup: