Ochocinco invites grieving widow he never met to wedding...

It's quite possible he had to move his wedding to a tropical island. The reason would be that NONE of the big name hotels in Miami would let him book it at their facilities. There reasons included not wanting the negative publicity that comes with a OC "event".

TMZ reported it quite awhile back.

i dont get it.

i thought he was all fun and games?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Ochocinco is a bit of a clown and can be a distraction at times, but the guy is a good dude. Never gets into any trouble with the police and always seems to go out of his way for the fans. I always rooted for Ochocinco even on the Pats* (I always said that I hoped Ochocinco would catch 10 balls for 120 yards and a TD every game as long as the Pats* lost 31-7).

i dont get it.

i thought he was all fun and games?

His life off the field doesn't interest me personally, charities, scams any of it. I'm glad he is not a Bill. Although he is not as polarizing as say TO, his days in the sun are dwindling fast. Some people I guess still prefer athleticism over aging clown acts. When some players skills begin to deteriorate on them. It seems those players need to keep their name or numbers in the spotlight. By any means possible.I don't perceive him as a team first player.But at least he hasn't shot himself in the leg.

As for big name hotels not wanting to host his wedding, that is strange. Didn't the bride break this off more than once?

His life off the field doesn't interest me personally, charities, scams any of it. I'm glad he is not a Bill. Although he is not as polarizing as say TO, his days in the sun are dwindling fast. Some people I guess still prefer athleticism over aging clown acts. When some players skills begin to deteriorate on them. It seems those players need to keep their name or numbers in the spotlight. By any means possible.I don't perceive him as a team first player.But at least he hasn't shot himself in the leg.

It seems to be working again.

I hope he has a nice wedding and get a tryout somewhere other than Buffalo.

You missed a few:

http://www.aolnews.com/2008/06/25/chad-johnson-settles-in-bogus-raffle-suit/

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/blog/_/name/assael_shaun/id/6225341/chad-ochocinco-clothing-dispute

Yeah, I did that search yesterday. The lion pissing on OC sums it up. You don't seem to understand the differece between showing up to charitable events (OC handing the certificate of attendance to that kid for a football camp paid for by Deion Sanders sums it up nicely as well..) and running charitable organizations, which is the point I was making. Until someone posted it today, I didn't know that Dunn had given away 115 houses. Or that Asomugha helps provide water, food and shelter to widows and orphans in Nigeria. How is that possible??

Anyway, congrats on almost making it through a single post without mentioning the patriots....

Here's a few more:

http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/05/27/ochocinco-raffling-off-custom-lamborghini-for-charity/

From March--raffling off his custom Lamborghini with a portion of the proceeds going to Feed the Children who he's apparently supported before; like here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chad-ochocinco-and-degreer-men-ask-america-to-rise-to-the-challenge-and-donate-to-feed-the-children-80929667.html

http://onthesideline.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/some-athletes-are-good-people/

http://voices.yahoo.com/we-more-professional-athletes-like-chad-ochocinco-5726186.html?cat=49

"His charity work is often publicized in a grand way, like when he raced a thoroughbred racehorse to raise money for charity in 2007. Yet he is continually criticized for being so open about his charity work, like he is showing off. From his twitter account or his website, www.ochocinco.com you can learn about his charity, Soldiers for Giving, and that they went on a four day charity bus tour in January of 2010 from Cincinnati to Miami and he chose 10 lucky fans to go on his tour with him to spread the love. Ochocinco spends a lot of his time helping charities especially "Feed the Children", he helped out for Haiti, as a matter of fact if you google the name Chad Ochocinco and the word charity together, your results will be endless. It looks as if it's his part time job. He matches any fines he gets on the field and donates it to charity, when the home games in Cincinnati are not sold out and a blackout is lingering, Chad with the help of businesses, will buy out the remaining tickets to the game, once it was 1200 tickets, he then turns around and gives the tickets away the day of the game, 600 pairs. Who else does this kind of thing? No one I've heard of. He cares about his fans more than any other player I have seen. He is a twitter addict and is constantly tweeting and interacting with his fans. This is what a superstar should do, give back and interact."

Life is complicated, as are people. There certainly are parts of this guy's act we've all grown tired of, but to me at least, it does sound like he does more than most in his position to give back.

I see no takers on that positive comments on the Bills, so I had to come up with the Pats* to help you out, otherwise it would have been ALL negative. ;)

Here's a few more:

http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/05/27/ochocinco-raffling-off-custom-lamborghini-for-charity/

From March--raffling off his custom Lamborghini with a portion of the proceeds going to Feed the Children who he's apparently supported before; like here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chad-ochocinco-and-degreer-men-ask-america-to-rise-to-the-challenge-and-donate-to-feed-the-children-80929667.html

http://onthesideline.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/some-athletes-are-good-people/

http://voices.yahoo.com/we-more-professional-athletes-like-chad-ochocinco-5726186.html?cat=49

"His charity work is often publicized in a grand way, like when he raced a thoroughbred racehorse to raise money for charity in 2007. Yet he is continually criticized for being so open about his charity work, like he is showing off. From his twitter account or his website, www.ochocinco.com you can learn about his charity, Soldiers for Giving, and that they went on a four day charity bus tour in January of 2010 from Cincinnati to Miami and he chose 10 lucky fans to go on his tour with him to spread the love. Ochocinco spends a lot of his time helping charities especially "Feed the Children", he helped out for Haiti, as a matter of fact if you google the name Chad Ochocinco and the word charity together, your results will be endless. It looks as if it's his part time job. He matches any fines he gets on the field and donates it to charity, when the home games in Cincinnati are not sold out and a blackout is lingering, Chad with the help of businesses, will buy out the remaining tickets to the game, once it was 1200 tickets, he then turns around and gives the tickets away the day of the game, 600 pairs. Who else does this kind of thing? No one I've heard of. He cares about his fans more than any other player I have seen. He is a twitter addict and is constantly tweeting and interacting with his fans. This is what a superstar should do, give back and interact."

Life is complicated, as are people. There certainly are parts of this guy's act we've all grown tired of, but to me at least, it does sound like he does more than most in his position to give back.

I see no takers on that positive comments on the Bills, so I had to come up with the Pats* to help you out, otherwise it would have been ALL negative. ;)

Interesting stuff, didn't know about any of it. I don't like Chad the player but I will stop calling him Ohnostinko now. Sounds like a very decent human being.

I've never heard him described as "a delinquent", actually. He's just a self-promoter, that's all. All of his "acts" of kindness seem to make it into the public eye. If he was silent about his charitable gifting, etc., I wouldn't question his "heart".

Seems like since his career hit the skids the past few seasons, he has taken to social media/internet/airwaves to remind us all he's still here and actually a great guy. He's a football player.

Not sure why anyone should care if he's a self-promoter; the end result is that he gives a lot of his time and money to others. Maybe there's self-interest in it, maybe not. Maybe the self-interest is ego, but maybe it's to get promotion for the causes he supports. Maybe he's too self-aggrandizing, but maybe he is so generous that what we hear about is only a snippet of what he does.

Regardless, I'm not sure it's worth railing on the guy for what he does, The fact that he's helping a lot of people is what is key to me. His motivation is largely besides the point.

You should pay closer attention then. I've been a vocal supporter of Fitz since camp in'10. Called him the toughest guy on the team (although I did name him the ONLY tough guy on this team lol!). Also of Freddie. McGee. Evans to name a few. I just don't have much tolerance for bullsh*t. You do. Also, you don't have to be an unquestioning homer to be a Bills fan, you know. And I will be first to praise when the Bils deliver. Relax.

Not sure why anyone should care if he's a self-promoter; the end result is that he gives a lot of his time and money to others. Maybe there's self-interest in it, maybe not. Maybe the self-interest is ego, but maybe it's to get promotion for the causes he supports. Maybe he's too self-aggrandizing, but maybe he is so generous that what we hear about is only a snippet of what he does.

Regardless, I'm not sure it's worth railing on the guy for what he does, The fact that he's helping a lot of people is what is key to me. His motivation is largely besides the point.

I don't think there is anything charitable we don't hear about. That's part of my point. Charity is always laudable, I guess. But most of his charitable acts consist of giving stuff to random people that they don't necessarily need (tickets, sports cars, trips to his wedding) and the motivation may not matter, but I was pointing out to the OP that if the only motivation is to tell everyone what a great guy you REALLY are, then thats not really laudable.

But I understand your criticism of my point of view and you make a valid counterpoint.

I don't think there is anything charitable we don't hear about. That's part of my point. Charity is always laudable, I guess. But most of his charitable acts consist of giving stuff to random people that they don't necessarily need (tickets, sports cars, trips to his wedding) and the motivation may not matter, but I was pointing out to the OP that if the only motivation is to tell everyone what a great guy you REALLY are, then thats not really laudable.

But I understand your criticism of my point of view and you make a valid counterpoint.

It's actually an interesting philosophical debate. Is it really philanthropy if it's motivated by selfishness? For example, if you give to charity because you want the tax deduction, are you really being charitable? I don't know.

It's actually an interesting philosophical debate. Is it really philanthropy if it's motivated by selfishness? For example, if you give to charity because you want the tax deduction, are you really being charitable? I don't know.

Indeed. I'm sure the recipient doesn't much care about the motivation and is grateful but as society I wouldn't prop the giver up as a selfless individual.