Animal Lovers Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys may remember one of my dogs passing away back in Feb. Several of you encouraged me to get a new pup when I was ready, so I took that to heart. I'm not really in a position to get another one of my own just yet, but I did the next best thing - I encouraged my friend to buy one LOL. I am this puppy's Godfather and I'm helping to raise him. He is from a rescue and he's an 11 week old (now 12, actually) cockapoo named Teddy. We were going to change his name when we got him, but for some reason it just fits him so we kept it. He's just getting over a respiratory infection, but he's honestly really impressing me. He's already 90% potty trained, lots of personality, and quite smart. I wanted to capture one of his skills on video to share with you guys, cause this really impressed me.

My standard poodle is extremely smart, but in all honesty I really don't think he has any idea where he lives. But this little guy has only been here for a few days and he knows EXACTLY where his home is. Check it out!

PS. Sorry if the video is on its side. I have made the edit, but it takes a while for it to take effect.

Edited by ajzepp

Great thread, Joe. I've been trying to avoid posting here because Im afraid once I start, I'll just flood the board with dog/animal videos. LOL.

But here's my first contribution...

After a mother chimpanzee who lived in a zoo died, one of the zoo’s employees took the baby chimp home to care for it. It never crossed his mind that his dog, who had recently given birth, would adopt the chimp and raise it with her pups

I'll warn you all upfront that this one is a REAL TEAR JERKER. However, it's a great story, with a happy ending and all around positive message.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJkZXh9v_i4

That is absolutely unbelievable...seeing her all cleaned up and happy in the end made my day...great story!!! :worthy:

That is absolutely unbelievable...seeing her all cleaned up and happy in the end made my day...great story!!! :worthy:

I knew youd like that one! :)

Gonna post one more. Stevie the Wonder Dog. Born with an optical nerve problem, he is totally blind. Yet is a big bundle of joy, that works as a therapy dog for recovering addicts. Great video.

(Those darn Pit Bulls are sooo vicious)

http://stubbydog.org/2012/03/stevie-the-wonder-dog/

Edit: Video link fail, new link better.

post-6219-051030500 1341763613_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrDareustein

I knew youd like that one! :)

Gonna post one more. Stevie the Wonder Dog. Born with an optical nerve problem, he is totally blind. Yet is a big bundle of joy, that works as a therapy dog for recovering addicts. Great video.

(Those darn Pit Bulls are sooo vicious)

http://stubbydog.org/2012/03/stevie-the-wonder-dog/

Edit: Video link fail, new link better.

Stevie rules!! Looks like he doesn't give a flying fart that he's blind...watching him play in that open space, there's no way you'd even know he couldn't see until he was right up next to you.

I had to laugh the other night...I had some food delivered and the delivery lady saw my dog and the puppy I'm raising...she was telling me that she ended up with some unwanted pups and that they were pitbull/weiner dog mix...that must be one hell of an interesting dog!

I remember that when it first came out. He makes a lot of good points about dogs and companionship. I don't recall weeping though. But not taking any chances and watching again, as a Bills fan I don't need any more sadness :(

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I remember that when it first came out. He makes a lot of good points about dogs and companionship. I don't recall weeping though. But not taking any chances and watching again, as a Bills fan I don't need any more sadness :(

I never cared for this video. His supreme hipster doucheness is annoying. Also, I hate his belief that dogs are here for us.

I know this sounds contradictory to what I do - but, I do not look at my cattle as being here for me or the world. I am not naive enough to believe they are choosing their fate, either. It is a coexistence reliant upon dependency. We coexist with our food sources. In many cases they rely upon us to exist, through overall care and support, to population control and enviromental protection.