Jimbo is a dyed-in-wool Bills fan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/29/jim-kelly-im-rooting-for-tebow-sanchez-turmoil/

Gotta love it!

“As a Buffalo Bills fan, I hope there’s so much turmoil during training camp, I hope Tebow plays great, he pushes Sanchez, and all of a sudden the locker room is coming apart,” Kelly told Andrew Siciliano on NFL Network’s Total Access. “They open with the Buffalo Bills first game of the season in the Meadowlands, so this could be very exciting.”

They were talking about this on espn all day, and I was thinking how great it is that the national media talks about Kelly still. The only part they really talked about though was the part where he says he doesn't know why the jests traded for Tebow, because he thought it was the wrong move. The whole part about it benefiting the bills was left out

Love the passion, hate the idea. Instead of tebow playing great, let's just hope Sanchez plays.... Like mark sanchez and gets benched for a mediocre Tim tebow (or not benched at all as tebows no better!)) instead of Tim being special again suddenly. I couldn't handle tebow learning a passing game in NYC. The news coverage of a good run by tebow might be enough to make ME crack, forget mark Sanchez.

Love the passion, hate the idea. Instead of tebow playing great, let's just hope Sanchez plays.... Like mark sanchez and gets benched for a mediocre Tim tebow (or not benched at all as tebows no better!)) instead of Tim being special again suddenly. I couldn't handle tebow learning a passing game in NYC. The news coverage of a good run by tebow might be enough to make ME crack, forget mark Sanchez.

As I'm sure you know, part of what's going on is that Tebow and Kelly are friends.

It's kinda funny that Jimbo wants Tebow to win that job… and for the Jets to implode as a result.

As I'm sure you know, part of what's going on is that Tebow and Kelly are friends.

It's kinda funny that Jimbo wants Tebow to win that job… and for the Jets to implode as a result.

I didn't know that, actually.

This was my favorite response:

cousinrk says: Jun 29, 2012 10:50 PM Nothing like hearing from a has been who’s the biggest super bowl loser in history and one of the biggest choking athlete we’ve ever seen. He’s perfect for a dump like Buffalo.

You can keep hating the Jets and expecting them to fail but the Tebow experiment is going to work because they are not having him play QB. He can’t throw so he’s not a threat. He’s a wildcat player only. All this garbage about the pressure, Sanchez is a QB in NY. Every time they throw a pick people are calling for their job. Just ask Eli Manning. So Tebow’s presence is not going to influence whether Sanchez succeeds or not.

Keep hating chumps, you’ll be awfully silent once again come the fall, just like you were in 2009 and 2010 predicting failure. One off year in which most of you predicted 4-12 or 6-10 does not mean it’ll happen again. Its a blip on the screen that has only humbled Rex and will ultimately make them better and be the best thing that ever happened to the Jets.

Met Jim Kelly one time at a grand opening of a mall in the early 90's he signed like 3 Bills rain coats, a football and a picture of himself. He had the biggest hands I ever seen. Hell of a nice a guy.

I didn't know that, actually.

This was my favorite response:

cousinrk says: Jun 29, 2012 10:50 PM Nothing like hearing from a has been who’s the biggest super bowl loser in history and one of the biggest choking athlete we’ve ever seen. He’s perfect for a dump like Buffalo.

You can keep hating the Jets and expecting them to fail but the Tebow experiment is going to work because they are not having him play QB. He can’t throw so he’s not a threat. He’s a wildcat player only. All this garbage about the pressure, Sanchez is a QB in NY. Every time they throw a pick people are calling for their job. Just ask Eli Manning. So Tebow’s presence is not going to influence whether Sanchez succeeds or not.

Keep hating chumps, you’ll be awfully silent once again come the fall, just like you were in 2009 and 2010 predicting failure. One off year in which most of you predicted 4-12 or 6-10 does not mean it’ll happen again. Its a blip on the screen that has only humbled Rex and will ultimately make them better and be the best thing that ever happened to the Jets.

Sounds like a kid at my school, biggest idiot ever.

we're bills fanatics, so i guess this is news.

but it's not really news. everybody knows he's a bills fan. for pete's sake, he lives in the region, he's currently on the payroll (!), and he hopes to buy the team eventually. of course he wants the rivals to struggle! it would be news if he said otherwise. but, the nfl is on a 365 day news cycle...

dear lord i'm ready for the first preseason game, ready for some action!

but it's not really news. everybody knows he's a bills fan. for pete's sake, he lives in the region, he's currently on the payroll (!), and he hopes to buy the team eventually. of course he wants the rivals to struggle! it would be news if he said otherwise. but, the nfl is on a 365 day news cycle...

There's a bit of truth to what you say but you don't hear Brett Favre saying he wants to see the Bears implode or Dan Marino saying he wants to see the Bills implode.

Kelly's openness is pretty refreshing in this day of overly-filtered athletes and ex-athletes.

If you're ready for action, you're going to have to wait a few more weeks than that.

Great interview by the way. I'm also hoping for a controversy, one so great that it will make Mark Sanchez cry on the sideline when Jets fans are booing him.

Anyone know Kelly's record vs the Jets?

I don't know his personal record (since I don't know if he missed any Jets games during his career), but during his 11 year tenure with the Bills, the Bills were 16-6 against the Jets (that's a .727 winning percentage). The two teams have only met in the playoffs once (1981).