Jaws has Fitz #24

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being dubbed a 'gunslinger' is just a cool term for poor mechanics.

It's not, actually. It's a term for a QB who is willing to take chances and throw to a receiver who appears to be covered like a blanket, because he has faith he can thread the ball in there - a guy who is trying hard to "make things happen".

At it's best it's an attitude that exemplifies Favre. At its worst, it amounts to >20 INTs a season.

And Vinnie Iyyer @ Sporting News has him ranked @ #20....

NFL QB Ranking

This is very simple. Wanna improve your rank on such lists? Just Win, baby.

It's very dubious that Sanchez, Dalton, and Alex Smith are actually better QB than Fitz, but they all have one thing he doesn't: a winning record. Git 'er done, Fitz.

PS I didn't ever see Jaws list - is there a linky lurking about?

Jaws has Fitz at #24 and basically said that he can play at an elite level at times but his MECHANICS (footwork and throwing motion, both) are too inconsistent to keep him there. So can David Lee get Fitz to be consistent with his mechanics????? The answer to that question will be the answer to our playoff drought or not.

That is about right. He was top 10 pre-injury and just about the worst QB post injury. First 8 games of 2012 will determine his fate.

Here is my take....

- Fitz will never....I repeat.....NEVER be included in the same breadth as HOF or blue chip quarterbacks

- HOF and blue chip QBs are extremely hard to find

- The bills went another way with this....instead of throwing all their eggs into a blue chip QB prospect basket...they decided to find a guy just under that teir and biuld the team up around him and support him. We have instead decided to throw high picks at defense, offensive line, a solid running game, and used our free agent dollars to biuld a defense that could be flat out dominant.

- Fitzpatrick is a system QB....he probably would not do as well somewhere else....but he fits CHANS SYSTEM...that trumps all other evaluation of him....if he performs in our system then it doesn't matter what ranking he is on Jaws list.

1340070094[/url]' post='2488514']

It's not, actually. It's a term for a QB who is willing to take chances and throw to a receiver who appears to be covered like a blanket, because he has faith he can thread the ball in there - a guy who is trying hard to "make things happen".

At it's best it's an attitude that exemplifies Favre. At its worst, it amounts to >20 INTs a season.

We'll agree to disagree then. Bart Starr, Johnny U, Montana, Peyton all thread(ed) needle passes successfully. Difference between them and Farve/Fitz? They have proper stance technique. I'm not comparing Fitz to Favre, Bret has a much more powerful arm, but footwork-wise neither have good technique.

Let me get this straight.

Jaws ranks Fitz number 24. Promo says "Stat-wise he's in the middle of the pack." Since when did the NFL expand to 48 teams? I must've missed this.

Fitz finished 11th in yards, 9th in pass %, and 10th in tds. But of course, he does play with the most talented receiving core in the NFL. Fitz is holding Donald Jones back.

Fitz finished 11th in yards, 9th in pass %, and 10th in tds. But of course, he does play with the most talented receiving core in the NFL. Fitz is holding Donald Jones back.

For perspective on yards and tds- how many guys started 16 games? I'm actually honestly curious and not trying to prove anything good or bad

For perspective on yards and tds- how many guys started 16 games? I'm actually honestly curious and not trying to prove anything good or bad

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=0&season=2011&experience=null&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&qualified=true

So he was 15th in yards/ game. But by all accounts, he was playing through an injury. I guess the question is it better to have a guy who misses games with injury (the dog killer) or plays with the injury and struggles?