How about T.H for P.Buchanon??

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Buchanon gets burned more often than my bagels in my toaster!!!!

WHY do we need more secondary help?? We need O!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Strange, that sounds like code for something else...

Nah, just me

186352[/snapback]

Yeah, it's code for my breakfast gets burned sometimes, ESPECIALLY when I am in a hurry! :(

How about Travis Henry to the Cards for Freddie Jones?

Can be a killer tight end in the right system.

186340[/snapback]

Isn't jones geting a little old? He's alright, but Id rather see if the colts cut marcus pollard and maybe sign him. Pollard is a very athletic TE who is good in the red zone and has very steady hands(former basketball player i bleieve).

Isn't jones geting a little old?  He's alright, but Id rather see if the colts cut marcus pollard and maybe sign him.  Pollard is a very athletic TE who is good in the red zone and has very steady hands(former basketball player i bleieve).

186393[/snapback]

He is only 29.

I think Ralph believes his team is a piece or two away from the Super Bowl.

Freddie Jones would be great for a couple of years while the youngsters learn the ropes.

Drew misses a dominate tight end.

He used to kill the Bills with Ben Coates.

Freddie Jones is lot more athletic than Bubba Franks.

He is also a bigger target than the other tight ends on our roster.

Other than Peters of course.

Phillip Buchanon wants out of Oakland. Quite frankly, I think the Raiders have some below average running backs and Travis Henry would be a huge impact for them. So, why not Travis Henry for Buchanon?

186265[/snapback]

Is Mark Campbell really as bad as you make him out to be?

Is Mark Campbell really as bad as you make him out to be?

186577[/snapback]

I like Campbell as the second tight end, not the first.

He always seems to get creamed.

I would like to see a tight end who lowers the shoulders and delivers the blows himself.

Coates used to hammer safeties.

I would like to see a tight end who lowers the shoulders and delivers the blows himself.

Coates used to hammer safeties.

186637[/snapback]

Anyone remember Raymond Chester? There was a guy who could steam roll DB's who got in his way. Before him, a guy named John Mackey was pretty darned good as well.

As for Campbell, I think he's a lot better than he's given credit for. Real shame he hurt his knee. I think Drew and Clements finally awoke to what he's capable of just before he got hurt. Yet, my fantasy is seeing Peters make a catch over the middle and tearing up any DB that gets in his way. This guy may well be a huge (clearly) possibility for us down the road.

why does buchanon want out of oakland? i like him alot, no matter what some people say hes a great athlete. i know hes not incredibly smart though, ive watched a huge amount of raider games and hes messed up some key situations with his mental lapses. some of which he created himself, like last season the punt return td he ran back to take the lead but took his helmet off in the endzone. i WANT travis to go to the raiders since im a fan but rather them trade for a draft pick instead of buchanon, a draft pick or two, one high one low or maybe center adam treu and a 3rd rounder.

Guest BackInDaDay
Anyone remember Raymond Chester? There was a guy who could steam roll DB's who got in his way.  Before him, a guy named John Mackey was pretty darned good as well. 

As for Campbell, I think he's a lot better than he's given credit for. Real shame he hurt his knee. I think Drew and Clements finally awoke to what he's capable of just before he got hurt. Yet, my fantasy is seeing Peters make a catch over the middle and tearing up any DB that gets in his way.  This guy may well be a huge (clearly) possibility for us down the road.

186722[/snapback]

Oh yeah! Big brutes, but Chester was more athletic.

Russ Francis and Winslow Sr. used to eat us up.

I agree 'bout Campbell, but Euhus looks like he has the potential to be a weapon.

Right now I'm still counting on Neufeld to come up big when needed, and he could have a great day against the Pitt blitzes. If he can bail DB out the first time it comes his way in a 'hot' situation, I think he'll see 5 or 6 balls come his way Sunday.

He is only 29.

I think Ralph believes his team is a piece or two away from the Super Bowl.

Freddie Jones would be great for a couple of years while the youngsters learn the ropes.

Drew misses a dominate tight end.

He used to kill the Bills with Ben Coates.

Freddie Jones is lot more athletic than Bubba Franks.

He is also a bigger target than the other tight ends on our roster.

Other than Peters of course.

186543[/snapback]

I believe Jones is due to be an UFA after this season. So the need to trade for him is uncalled for. In terms of adding him, I wouldn't mind it but think that re-signing Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams is far more important. As Campbell is a serviceable TE and while Jones would be an improvement, I don't think it's worth losing these two guys for the sake of adding Jones. As previously stated, let's also not forget that Tim Euhus will be in his 2nd year next year and pretty athletic himself.

186637[/snapback]

That's because he always seems to get hung out to dry over the middle by Drew.

And even when he does get creamed he holds onto it.

He has not been a number 1 tight end because they don't throw his way enough.