Most Improved Team

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the most improved team in the NFL this year?

• Cleveland Browns
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Buffalo Bills
    • A different team

The Packers are far from beatable. Thier defense got much worse than the year before. They lost help on thier O-Line at C. Not saying they won't be good. I just think Chicago will win the division. The Packers and Lions will fight for 2nd and a wildcard spot.

I'm going to assume that you mean far from unbeatable? I dont think their defense can get much worse than it was last year.. they were the worst defense in the league. Nothing has changed on their offense which was one of the best offenses we've ever seen. Look for Rodgers to put up unreal numbers and the packers defense to bounce back to their ball hawking ways of 2 seasons ago. The Pack will not finish worse than 12-4.

I forgot about Campbell. My pick is for the Bears to win thier division and be inthe SB in the NFC. That's a hefty feat from being 8-8 a year ago. I know it's because Forte and Cutler were injured, but now they have the backups in place to overcome that of it happens. If JC gets injured I doubt the SB but I still pick the division.

The Packers had the best record in the NFL last year and one of the worst defenses. Cutlers best year with Marshall is 25 TD's and 18 INT's. That's not even close to what Stafford and Rodgers have been doing. I live in Chicago and don't even know a Bears fan that thinks they've solved all their problems through the draft and free agency. The Bears biggest problem is their offensive line. In fact Cutler himself just said a few days ago that he "still has concerns as to whether the offensive line can protect him". 110 sacks in 3 years, including a year he was injured is far too many.

Well Billsrhode and Luxy I can only express my opinion. There's not a 100% success rate on this type of thing. It's just how I feel. Doesn't mean I can't be wrong. Just my opinion. Is don't see Green Bays offense getting Amy better than last years. It's almost impossible. They were amazing. It's hard to imagine them getting any better. As you said, they didn't change on offense. So they shouldvbe right around the same as they were last year or possibly a little worse because of multiple reasons: Defenses have more tape to study, the rest of the division is getting better also, they are getting older, etc... As for thier defense. Your right, they were dead last. Probably can't get any worse than that. But that doesn't mean they will or can get much better. They also are getting older, slower, more exploitable after more tape in them.

I don't know enough about the Lions to base anything on them, I know they are young and could get better. Doesn't mean they will. They played over thier heads last year IMO and could also take a hit because of that. Same as the one of the hits in the Packers, there is more tape to study, the rest of the division is getting better, everything depends in Stafford and Johnsons ability to stay healthy and Stafford has only done that once.

I'll stick to my opinion. The Bears will win the division and male the SB unless there is a major blow on the injury front.

Well Billsrhode and Luxy I can only express my opinion. There's not a 100% success rate on this type of thing. It's just how I feel. Doesn't mean I can't be wrong. Just my opinion. Is don't see Green Bays offense getting Amy better than last years. It's almost impossible. They were amazing. It's hard to imagine them getting any better. As you said, they didn't change on offense. So they shouldvbe right around the same as they were last year or possibly a little worse because of multiple reasons: Defenses have more tape to study, the rest of the division is getting better also, they are getting older, etc... As for thier defense. Your right, they were dead last. Probably can't get any worse than that. But that doesn't mean they will or can get much better. They also are getting older, slower, more exploitable after more tape in them.

I don't know enough about the Lions to base anything on them, I know they are young and could get better. Doesn't mean they will. They played over thier heads last year IMO and could also take a hit because of that. Same as the one of the hits in the Packers, there is more tape to study, the rest of the division is getting better, everything depends in Stafford and Johnsons ability to stay healthy and Stafford has only done that once.

I'll stick to my opinion. The Bears will win the division and male the SB unless there is a major blow on the injury front.

So you're saying that the offense was the best.. but will likely get worse.. because they are 1 year older? You could easily say that they should get better because they have 1 more year of experience. Its not like any of their key players is in danger of falling out of their prime. If anything, they are just coming into their prime.

The defense was last in the league but they spent their top 5 draft picks on defenders. They have proven playmakers (woodson, matthews, raji) who had off years last year. I would have a hard time projecting them as the worst D in the league next year too.

This team was 15-1 last year! The bears were 8-8!

So you're saying that the offense was the best.. but will likely get worse.. because they are 1 year older? You could easily say that they should get better because they have 1 more year of experience. Its not like any of their key players is in danger of falling out of their prime. If anything, they are just coming into their prime.

The defense was last in the league but they spent their top 5 draft picks on defenders. They have proven playmakers (woodson, matthews, raji) who had off years last year. I would have a hard time projecting them as the worst D in the league next year too.

This team was 15-1 last year! The bears were 8-8!

to have your reasons and opinions and I have mine. It's just the ways the world turns. I'm not going to argue about it or bet a steak dinner or a cold one or anything like that. I just think the Bears will be better. I guess we will have to see at the end if the year. By picking the Packers your hardly going out on a limb. It's like saying the Pats will win the afc east again and I agree it's probable. But your reasons for the Packers keeping thier spot on the throne are hardly set in stone. Good luck with your expectations. If I'm wrong, you will defenately be right.

mrags, I'm going to take Jay Cutler's opinion about his own offensive line over yours. You sound like (not saying you are) every homer fan of a team that comes out and thinks their team is suddenly a world beater when they've done nothing to prove it. How have the Bears fixed their offensive line? The McClellin pick in round 1 was a head scratcher for pretty much every fan out there. Getting Marshall and drafting Jeffry were good moves no doubt, as they give options for Cutler that he didn't have before. However, if he doesn't have time to throw, it will matter little. Find a team in the NFL that's had the #32 overall defense for two years in a row. I think the Packers offense will probably involve more of a running game next year, but they're still a pass first team. That's why the Patriots have had a good offense pretty much every year since Brady took over. Chicago is clearly the #3 team in the division, and I'm a Chicagoan to boot.

Edited by Luxy312

to have your reasons and opinions and I have mine. It's just the ways the world turns. I'm not going to argue about it or bet a steak dinner or a cold one or anything like that. I just think the Bears will be better. I guess we will have to see at the end if the year. By picking the Packers your hardly going out on a limb. It's like saying the Pats will win the afc east again and I agree it's probable. But your reasons for the Packers keeping thier spot on the throne are hardly set in stone. Good luck with your expectations. If I'm wrong, you will defenately be right.

At least we can agree on that! And vice-versa! I was really hoping to get a steak dinner bet out of you.. haha

mrags, I'm going to take Jay Cutler's opinion about his own offensive line over yours. You sound like (not saying you are) every homer fan of a team that comes out and thinks their team is suddenly a world beater when they've done nothing to prove it. How have the Bears fixed their offensive line? The McClellin pick in round 1 was a head scratcher for pretty much every fan out there. Getting Marshall and drafting Jeffry were good moves no doubt, as they give options for Cutler that he didn't have before. However, if he doesn't have time to throw, it will matter little. Find a team in the NFL that's had the #32 overall defense for two years in a row. I think the Packers offense will probably involve more of a running game next year, but they're still a pass first team. That's why the Patriots have had a good offense pretty much every year since Brady took over. Chicago is clearly the #3 team in the division, and I'm a Chicagoan to boot.

Well, your a Chicago fan so you mist be the most pessimistic Chicago fan ever. Sure. You could just be realistic but I'm not a huge Chicago fan but I remember them being pretty damn good until the injuries hit. What was thier record before Cutler went down? I'm asking you because I honestly don't know and your a fan but I do remember them being in a pretty good spot.

Like I said, you have your opinions and I have mine. I'm not arguing about it. It's very easy for me to be looked at like I have 6 arms. The Packers were amazing last year. It's no secret they are good. I'm not saying they aren't. I just think the Bears will be a suprise team this year (which is hardly a reach considering tjier record before JCs injury) and will win the division. I already agreed that if I'm wrong, you will be the one that's right. If the Bears falter, the Packers will dominate the division and that's expected.

You have to have the broncos on the mix somewhere. On paper, the bills seem the most improved. The only argument going against them is the offense is pretty much the same except for a few rookie linemen and a rookie receiver with the hire of a hot shot qb coach. All of the big changes happened on defense. And with so many changes, lord knows what is going to happen. Except Brady being on the ground a lot of course.

Agree with Broncos being MI

To chip in - if Denver can do what it did with virtually no offense, imagine what it can do now with Peyton Manning and the other additions it's made. If Manning is healthy, I would have to say you're looking at at least an 11 win team, probably 12, because of the division, and one of the top seeds in the AFC.

Once you're in the playoffs, though - and the AFC will have good teams there - it's whoever comes to play hardest that day.

As for Green Bay and Chicago... Green Bay did lose their offensive coordinator, I believe, to Miami. That's no little loss. Still, with a team that has proven it as much as Green Bay has over the last two years, and it hasn't changed much, I find it difficult to bet against them, especially until the team that is supposed to unseat them has shown it is playing well together.

As for our Bills - so much of it depends on how our offense plays. If it plays like the team we saw in the beginning of last year, and if that decline was more caused by injury and not teams just figuring us out, then I think we could very easily be 5 wins better than last year. We had one of the better offenses in the league through the first half of the season. It's going to be a very fun year for football, there's no doubt about it. I can't wait.

My most improved team? When I look at the teams records from last year, I think the team that could very well increase the number of wins the most is - other than the Bills - the Redskins. They only finished with 5 wins. I think they could manage 5 or 6 more wins this year.

Don't forget the Chiefs. They looked a lot better under Crennel. He was cursed as everyone else in Cleveland, but had a team with most of it's talent on IR winning

Sat year. They are the one loss for the Packers late in the year. All of their talent is coming back healthy and a decent draft. I'm not saying their going to SB, but of the bottom of every division could be most improved to 10 wins.

Of course, I'm rooting for the bills to be in that spot, but if not I'm guessing the Chiefs. The Bucs will be improved and I root for them, but agree with one of the earlier guys they are a year away from winning the NFC South.

I chose Cleveland because I think Cinci will take a step back and Cleveland is so bad it won't tkae much for them to look improved. If they win 6 games it is a huge turn around. If Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs regardless of win-loss record (we could win 10 games and still not be a WildCard team) it will be another disappointing season.

NFL.com most improved team

Just watched a video on NFL.com and saw 1 pick for the browns and 1 pick for the panthers. No mention of the bills. Here's what the guys mentioned for the first 2 teams...

Cleveland Browns (trent richardson, brandon weeden)

Carolina Panthers (year 2 for cam newton, luke kuechly)

Buffalo Bills (mario williams, mark anderson

To be honest I'm kind of glad that they didn't pick the bills.. I was getting nervous with all the hype. Who will be the most improved team in the NFL this year?

Cleveland is still a train wreck and Carolina needs more players.

They will win 6 games. They will be just like Carolina last year. Once Luck has 10 games under his belt no one will want to play them, they will be have the tought to beat but easy to win against for good teams. Plus their division is stronger than Carolina's was, seriously, look at the difference that a difference maker at QB makes. Book 6 wins, so they have a 4 game rise. Panthers defense got evern worst last year in Cam Newton year 1, 27th in points allowed and 28 in yards and they won 4 more games then the year before. There are serious under valuation by people on what a good QB can do.

Hard to take your comments seriously.

The Bills will be irrelevant, even in this discussion, for as long as we remain losers. We haven't reached the playoffs in 12? years. There are no stories to be had here until we show up on the field. People need to stop being surprised about this.

Great point the Browns have missed the playoffs for 11 years, so it's easy to see how the Bills would be out of the discussion and the Browns in it. Who's suprised ? I means its 12 versus 11