Patriots Release Ochocinco

Here is what is wrong with it...Bringing Ocho in wastes precious camp time. You are taking away time from players who have a real chance at being productive for a clown show.

PTR

This is the point that is continually being missed, along with a few others. Perhaps I should try to save us the trouble?

THERE IS A #2 WR ON THIS ROSTER, RIGHT NOW. There's also a good #3 in Nelson, and a good #4 as well.

The best part is: we DON"T know, and I don't want to know, who that is yet. Hell, I want Stevie to not know if he's the #1. Given this team's recent past, I want EVERYBODY to be pushed and get better as a result.

This isn't the bad old days, where we are hoping that the 7th round/UDFA comes in and makes themselves into a steal. We did that already, with Nelson and Johnson. Now we've got at least 5 decent players attempting to secure 1 spot.

And, the largest point that is being missed: we have 2 RBs who will be moving out to claim one or both the #2 and #4 WR spots, at least 30% of the time. Never mind the TE play we got last year. And, never mind the H-back play we are getting from Dorin Dickerson.<-- That's a huge factor as well, because it confuses the D further.

Look, this isn't 2005, and we aren't running a highschool JV offense anymore, where lacking a #2 WR compliment to Lee Evans is a huge problem, and with Josh "no hands" Reed in the slot.

It's no surprise, that the media, and some posters, haven't caught up to this reality. This O relies on 4-5 weapons on the field at any given time, and 7-8 in total. Therefore, the #2 WR is barely more important than the #5.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what is wrong with it...Bringing Ocho in wastes precious camp time. You are taking away time from players who have a real chance at being productive for a clown show.

PTR

It's sad how many people on this board don't understand this concept.

There’s an article on NFL.com today discussing this. Seems that many scouts have the same opinion of Ocho as many of us do. Probably can still play physically, can’t handle it mentally. The value of an aging player to a young team is typically the mental aspect he brings. We would not get that from him, he would only take reps away from younger players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829baaf3/article/chad-ochocincos-current-value-league-executives-weigh-in?module=HP11_cp

They signed him for all the pats* "inside information" that he couldnt grasp, haha... Damn it's nice not being the team everyone looks at in an offseason and just laughs at. Dolphins are a joke...

Hee hee. Their receivers are so bad they signed Chad. Could be just for entertainment purposes during Hard knocks

Why do I have nighmares of him torching the Bills like Ted Ginn's career game did against a hobbled Terrence McGhee while rookie Leodis McKelvin was on the bench?

That's weird, cuz I'm having dreams of more Bills' DBs knocking him the #$*& out.....

They signed him for all the pats* "inside information" that he couldnt grasp, haha... Damn it's nice not being the team everyone looks at in an offseason and just laughs at. Dolphins are a joke...

I will laugh freely...AFTER we beat them. 2011, we got beaten by a joke, which kind of sucked, twice.

Why do I have nighmares of him torching the Bills like Ted Ginn's career game did against a hobbled Terrence McGhee while rookie Leodis McKelvin was on the bench?

Can't help you. If McGee is hobbled this year we have Gilmore and Williams and Ted Ginn is gunning for next year's NFC championship for the 'niners

Nope, can't help you. Time for Dr. Freud? Perhaps you have a suppressed longing to become a fan of the....*shudder* Patriots*

They hv an obvious hole at WR but this is just another example of how they continue to go in the wrong direction

Is there any doubt Ireland gets canned after this season or maybe even during