Fitzy VS Manning

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know....sorry all i am a recovering Fitz basher....I tell all the shoutbox people I will leave my Fitz negativity alone til week 6.....

Comparing to Eli though? Not even close

As a Fitz endorser, and one who believes the Bills can win with Fitz, I must agree with you. I'm a stats guy, too. But at some point, you need to be honest. Eli Manning is a far better quarterback than Fitz.

Agree completely! Did anyone know who Victor Cruz was before the start of last year? All he did was become Eli's main weapon and make that offense go.

Umm... I knew EXACTLY who Victor Cruz was, and predicted his rise to stardom if he was ever given a chance. As a rookie on the Giants bench, I knew he could be great. Even while at Umass, there was something visibly special about this kid. I feel the same way about Provo. -He was cut WAY too soon IMO. I understand a teams need to have a blocking tight end, but Provo has INSANE hands. Plus, I believe he would have improved at the blocking part.

I'm somewhat optimistic about Dickerson. He's a bit undersized but there's something very Antonio Gates-like about him. Easley, i'm not so sure about. I like him, but require visible proof that he is healthy, and can finish out a complete season.

Also, I wish people wouldstop acting like Visanthe Shancoe, and Dallas Clark are just "Names" in the NFL.

:lol:

These are proven, grizzled Veterans that know how to compete and how to win. They would be great tools to have in our arsenal.

Comparing players stats from different seasons doesn't say much. last year Manning set the NFL record with 15 4th qtr TD passes. Tied the record with 8 game winning drives. Also set the career record for most road playoff wins with 5.

What all this tells me is that when the game is on the line Manning consistently rose to the occasion. When Fitzpatrick comes anywhere near to such clutch 4th qtr performances then I'll be willing to entertain such comparisons. Until then it's not even close.

Fitz better get 4000 yards,since that will likely put whoever is at 4000 yards likely about 15th in the NFL in yards passing per game.

Bills were 31st in 3rd down conversions and were 5th worst in 3 and outs last year,has to show everyone how dreadfully inconsistent the Bills play calling and even worst how bad at QB they are.

This is a homer thread. Fitz hasn't even led a team to the playoffs yet. Manning has won 2 superbowls with two MVPs. Manning is better in virtually every statistical category. This comparison doesn't seem close to me.

I like Fitz but frankly, he's no rookie. He's been in this league for 7 years already. He's never led a winning season and has a career 76.5 rating. He's a journeyman level QB. It may be possible to squeeze a couple of playoff level seasons out of him but to think that he could transform into a championship QB at this stage of his career is overly optimistic. He is what he is, more or less.

Edited by vincec

As a Fitz endorser, and one who believes the Bills can win with Fitz, I must agree with you. I'm a stats guy, too. But at some point, you need to be honest. Eli Manning is a far better quarterback than Fitz.

Can you get Eli's stats for the first half of the season and Fitz's stats for the first half? I'd like to see what the numbers looked like before Fitz lost half of his receivers, Freddy and key offensive linemen to injury.

A lot of people like to place the whole drop off last year on Fitz's shoulders, but I think even great QBs need at least some talent around them in order to succeed.

I honestly think Eli and Fitz are not that different in terms of talent. Giants have a world class team with or with out him. Put Fitz on the Giants and Fitz has two rings.

Are you serious? Did you watch the giants last year? They squeaked into the playoffs (due to one Mr. Ryan Fitzpatrick gifting them a game with 2 bad int's that i attended). The bills have more talent than the giants this year hands down except for qb which is a major factor. Couldn't disagree with ya more dukey.

Eli's OL was average at best, better WR's but thats about it.

"world class" teams don't sneak into the playoffs.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

My most negative views of Fitz were posted after last season and his comments became a thread here. They were something like this"at 5-2 we weren't sure of ourselves and felt the pressure of having to continue to win" I am paraphrasing here. I wasn't impressed by a starting NFL quarterback saying that in public.

I remember that interview and those comments. I understand seeing them in a negative light, because I was taken aback also. At the same time, it must be recognized that the Bills early winning streak did have an element of the miraculous about it - multiple comebacks from huge deficits, needing to score alternately with the other team's O because saving INTs, the D couldn't stop a kiddie car.

So I can understand where the feeling "we're walking a tightrope and sooner or later we're bound to fall" could reasonably arise on the team, and I do think sometimes Fitz tries to express his perception of the overall feeling of the team, not just his perception. Neither side of the ball can sustain carrying the team indefinitely.

On the other hand, I do agree that it isn't the sentiment you want "the man", the leader, the QB, to express in public, or really to feel. It needs to be "let's go, we're gonna cover this" and "focus on what I can do and change to help us be better".

So we'll see. This season should tell.

Are you serious? Did you watch the giants last year? They squeaked into the playoffs (due to one Mr. Ryan Fitzpatrick gifting them a game with 2 bad int's that i attended). The bills have more talent than the giants this year hands down except for qb which is a major factor. Couldn't disagree with ya more dukey.

This post is strangely bi-polar in its homerism.

The Giants D outclassed our D last year by miles. This IS the DL where Osi Umenyiora is a BACKUP and #19 pick Prince Amukamara couldn't crack the starting lineup as a DB.

The Giants struggled all season with injuries on DL last year. They went to the playoffs last year because their D got healthy and peaked at the right time, and they already had enough marks in the "win" column to do it. They have a proven world-class D when healthy.

Positive homerism: saying the Bills have more talent this year hands down except for QB is kind of nuts to me, given the quality of the Giants D, their OL, and their WR. They didn't roll through GB, 'niners, and NE 'cuz of "average" talent.

The Bills made some improvements in the quality of the individual players on D, and it remains to be seen how well that will transfer to the field. Our OL has some question marks as does or WR corp and we didn't get a lot of production from TE last year. The only place I think one can fairly say the Giants would like to be us is at RB.

Negative homerism: saying they "squeaked in" to the playoffs because Fitz threw two INTs when they played the Bills in Week 6. If the Giants hadn't spanked the Cowboys (2x) and Jets at the end of the season, they'd have been watching from the couch. It should also be noted that they also played the Patriots, '9ers, Saints, and Packers during the regular season - they had a last-half heavy with playoff teams. Lastly, in the Giants game, the Bills OL gave up 3 sacks (an indication of the kind of pressure that led to those INTs), and the D gave up 292 yards passing (an indication of the lack of pressure that Manning faced). There's a little more to the game than those 2 INTs I do believe.

This year...we made some improvements on D, but the Giants still have a world-class DL and DB where #19 draft pick - a proven world class D overall when healthy.

Fitz threw 2 interceptions in that game against the Giants? Yet we only lost by 3 points. I watched that game too and came away thinking we should have won that game. I may be a homer, but I will stick by my belief that Fitz is every bit as good as Eli, maybe even better. Sometimes I wonder if people are actually watching the games and not merely checking the score after it's over. Fitz was amazing until the defense let him down, he lost half of his receivers, and the offensive line crumbled. Oh yea, he lost Fred too. Sorry, but that was a record breaking number of injuries. A good QB can make up the difference if a couple of people go down but what happened last year was ridiculous.

I'd still like to see Fitz and Eli's stats in the first 8 games of the season last year.

This post is strangely bi-polar in its homerism.

The Giants D outclassed our D last year by miles. This IS the DL where Osi Umenyiora is a BACKUP and #19 pick Prince Amukamara couldn't crack the starting lineup as a DB.

The Giants struggled all season with injuries on DL last year. They went to the playoffs last year because their D got healthy and peaked at the right time, and they already had enough marks in the "win" column to do it. They have a proven world-class D when healthy.

Positive homerism: saying the Bills have more talent this year hands down except for QB is kind of nuts to me, given the quality of the Giants D, their OL, and their WR. They didn't roll through GB, 'niners, and NE 'cuz of "average" talent.

The Bills made some improvements in the quality of the individual players on D, and it remains to be seen how well that will transfer to the field. Our OL has some question marks as does or WR corp and we didn't get a lot of production from TE last year. The only place I think one can fairly say the Giants would like to be us is at RB.

Negative homerism: saying they "squeaked in" to the playoffs because Fitz threw two INTs when they played the Bills in Week 6. If the Giants hadn't spanked the Cowboys (2x) and Jets at the end of the season, they'd have been watching from the couch. It should also be noted that they also played the Patriots, '9ers, Saints, and Packers during the regular season - they had a last-half heavy with playoff teams. Lastly, in the Giants game, the Bills OL gave up 3 sacks (an indication of the kind of pressure that led to those INTs), and the D gave up 292 yards passing (an indication of the lack of pressure that Manning faced). There's a little more to the game than those 2 INTs I do believe.

This year...we made some improvements on D, but the Giants still have a world-class DL and DB where #19 draft pick - a proven world class D overall when healthy.

Well to poke a few holes. Amukamara had a broken foot to start the year and Osi was battling injuries as well. Giants ends may be better but its close to a push with Mario Williams now, but i will give slight edge to Giants in the DE dept. Front 4 however Kyle and Marcell are better than the G men at DT. Giants LB's and CB's are nothing special at all, this is why Bills D is better than Giants D this year IMO. OT is about a push, there was nothing special going on in the Giants OL.

The main difference between the teams is Eli, he is a winner. Where fitz belongs on that show Duck Dynasty throwin up those lame duck passes time and time again.

This year with better OL, rungame, and D however will cover up his deficiencies and we can all be happy with a winning team. Homerism, Reverse Homerism who cares GO BILLS !

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yea, tell that to the 9-7 GB packers who won the SB in 2010. The 2007 wildcard NY Giants, the 2005 wildcard Steelers.

The 2012 NY Giants went 9-7 during the regular season and got hot at exactly the right time. Beating the 13-3 49ers in the NFC Champ game AT Candlestick park! The 15-1 GB Packers in the divisional playoffs AT Lambeau. The Giants also beat the 15-1 GB Packers during the regular season last year, so they beat them 2x, the only two losses the Packers had last season!

The NY Giants have a great O line. Their problem was they lost their starting LT at the end of the season. So they moved their all pro guard to LT and went on to win the SB. The Bills talent level is no where near what the NY Giants possess, not in any area!

However, the biggest area of discrepancy in talent between both teams is in the coaching staff, and in the defense. The Bills have upgraded that D line this off season, now it remains to be seen if the Bills coaching staff can step it up!

World class teams win the superbowl. Nuff said.

World class teams win the superbowl. Nuff said.

So if the bills traded Eli for fitz we could be world class too, take off the fan goggles bro I stand by all my statements. NYG snuck past Cowboys week 16. They were hardly world class. Hot in playoffs yes world class no.

Every one of Eli's #'s are better except INTs... There's a reason why his passer rating is 5 points higher. Thats no small difference.

5 points last year was the difference between Joe Flacco (80) and Colt McCoy (75)

I can agree with that, Flacco was horrible last year.

Wasn't there talk of getting Fitz some more offensive weapons?

Well, where the :censored: are they?

I thought for sure we would have picked up Dallas Clark, Visanthe Shancoe, or at least a promising UDFA like TE Nick Provo. We didn't do any of that. Instead we got who? -Dorin Dickerson?

The guy may be talented, but he's not exactly what I had in mind.

I don't think 30+ year old TE's are the answer. I like how they bring in guys. Get them young, and make em' earn a job.