"Bills fans are buying up all the tickets"

rolly

Just locked up a group of 21 for the Bills game in Cleveland!

There's very few tickets left, and I asked where the rest are going (aside from their 60,000 STHs), the woman in the box office said, "You guys really travel well, all of the calls I get are Bills fans bringing groups."

Made me feel proud to be a Bills fan for sure.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels in the city of Cleveland? Thanks!

There's very few tickets left, and I asked where the rest are going (aside from their 60,000 STHs), the woman in the box office said, "You guys really travel well, all of the calls I get are Bills fans bringing groups."

On another note, anyone have any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels in the city of Cleveland? Thanks!

That's cool. I'm heading down with a group myself, too.

back in the late 80's when i was living in dc i decided to combine a vacation to wny with a stopoff at cleveland to see the bills play. so on my way back to dc sunday morning i flew into cleveland, put my carry-on into a locker, and headed to clev stadium, with a scheduled flight to head back to dc in the evening

without a ticket, i intended to just scalp one outside so i made sure my bills shirt was covered up and stuffed my hat in my pocket to reduce the resistance i might get. there was reports of fake tickets being a problem there and there werent many scalpers, then somebody told me the game wasnt even sold out, so i figured i might cut the hassle and just go that route

i found a ticket booth closer to the back of the stadium and there was no line. the ticket clerk was a very friendly young man and we chatted for quite a while about a variety of topics while i was still deciding whether to scalp or not. i finally revealed to him that i was a bills fan and i was there by myself and i was mildly worried about getting ripped off by a scalper, so he said he would gladly take care of me and get me a seat i would like. he was so nice and professional i just decided to end the hunt and go for that

it was pretty close to game time as i made my way through the stadium. sure enough, as i got closer to the section it appeared like it was a decent angle to the field, a nice height to catch game action, so i was excited as i counted down the steps to get to my row. it was in the middle of a section so i politely made my way to the center of the row, sat down, and started laughing my ass off

directly in front of me was a steel beam that completely cut off all but two little slivers of the field on either side. if you wanted to see anything you would have to lean over until you were essentially cheek to cheek with one of the people sitting next to you. scrawled on the beam were comments like 'why is there even a frikken seat here?' and 'i cant see ѕhit'

after cackling hysterically for about five minutes i got up and started looking for a seat. the game had started and the stadium had filled right up, and there was nothing around me available so i headed for the endzones figuring that was my best chance. i finally found a seat right next to a guy and his about eight year old son attending their first game together. although the bills lost, i had an awesome time sharing that norman rockwell father and son experience. and of course i still chuckle when i see that huge steel beam in my mind and think of how gleeful that ticket clerk must have been when he told that story to his friends

Edited by Meathead

About 3 hours south, off 270 you'll find a bunch. It may be a long drive but worth it not staying in Cleveland.

About 3 hours south, off 270 you'll find a bunch. It may be a long drive but worth it not staying in Cleveland.

What? I've heard the waterfront area of Cleveland is very "happening" -- particularly when the weather will be good.

Yeah if you drive like my 86 year old grandfather! Hammer down more like 2 hours to cbus :) Im also going to try and make this game but will probably end up driving back home to cbus after since its so close. That is if I can guilt trip wifey into taking one for the team and playing DD for the day!

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

back in the late 80's when i was living in dc i decided to combine a vacation to wny with a stopoff at cleveland to see the bills play. so on my way back to dc sunday morning i flew into cleveland, put my carry-on into a locker, and headed to clev stadium, with a scheduled flight to head back to dc in the evening

without a ticket, i intended to just scalp one outside so i made sure my bills shirt was covered up and stuffed my hat in my pocket to reduce the resistance i might get. there was reports of fake tickets being a problem there and there werent many scalpers, then somebody told me the game wasnt even sold out, so i figured i might cut the hassle and just go that route

i found a ticket booth closer to the back of the stadium and there was no line. the ticket clerk was a very friendly young man and we chatted for quite a while about a variety of topics while i was still deciding whether to scalp or not. i finally revealed to him that i was a bills fan and i was there by myself and i was mildly worried about getting ripped off by a scalper, so he said he would gladly take care of me and get me a seat i would like. he was so nice and professional i just decided to end the hunt and go for that

it was pretty close to game time as i made my way through the stadium. sure enough, as i got closer to the section it appeared like it was a decent angle to the field, a nice height to catch game action, so i was excited as i counted down the steps to get to my row. it was in the middle of a section so i politely made my way to the center of the row, sat down, and started laughing my ass off

directly in front of me was a steel beam that completely cut off all but two little slivers of the field on either side. if you wanted to see anything you would have to lean over until you were essentially cheek to cheek with one of the people sitting next to you. scrawled on the beam were comments like 'why is there even a frikken seat here?' and 'i cant see ѕhit'

after cackling hysterically for about five minutes i got up and started looking for a seat. the game had started and the stadium had filled right up, and there was nothing around me available so i headed for the endzones figuring that was my best chance. i finally found a seat right next to a guy and his about eight year old son attending their first game together. although the bills lost, i had an awesome time sharing that norman rockwell father and son experience. and of course i still chuckle when i see that huge steel beam in my mind and think of how gleeful that ticket clerk must have been when he told that story to his friends

Thats a great story, cracked me up Meathead. The Bob Uecker seat! BTW, your avatar freaks me right out, I hated reading that long post and having that picture in my view for so long.

Try the Hampton Inn downtown. Found it for $109. Seems to be the best value. A bunch of us are coming up from DC for it.

Funny story! That happened at a concert I went to at the NY state fair. Good thing no usher asked for your stub and no one blew you in.

Saw the Bills thrash the Browns in Cleveland during the '90 season, 42-0. Sweet revenge following the Harmon dropped pass in the playoffs. Kosar was benched for the game. Carson was fired after the game. I sat in the dog pound and was treated very rudely all the way to my seat. Fortunately I ended up in the middle of a large group of Bills fans. By half-time the Cleveland fans emptied out. There were still around 15,000 Bills fans and we made a lot of noise the whole second half. I'll never forget this old guy sitting near me took a F&$@ Buffalo shirt and ran it up the flag pole. Security from the opposite end of the field saw it -- they ran across the field, climbed up into the dog pound and hauled the guy away. It was also the first time I ever had to stand shoulder to shoulder around a trough just to take a piss, yuck.

I would love to go to Cleveland at some point for a game - but can't get that 6-3 game out of my memory - I just can't do it to myself. I was spoiled by all of the great weather and games of last fall!

That game is etched in Bills history as a top 5 stinker. It was painful.

Cleveland is good for 2 days. First hit the R&R museum Day 1, go to a Bills Browns game day 2.

If you don't mind me asking where you sitting? I plan on making The trip and it would be nice to be near other Bills fans. Haven't purchased my tickets yet and wasn't sure where to sit.

Great story. Great attitude at the game, too.

GO BILLS!!!